Collapse

Driving Ranges Opened

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Ranges Opened

What driving ranges including golf courses are opened near the QEW? Looking for one within reasonable driving distance from downtown TO, 40kms.

Re: Driving Ranges Opened

Originally posted by ripley502 View Post
    What driving ranges including golf courses are opened near the QEW? Looking for one within reasonable driving distance from downtown TO, 40kms.
    Tee Zone Hwy 25 (Bronte) and 407
    BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
    Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
    There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Sorry to change the topic on you a little bit but it is sort of weird up here in Barrie. Courses are opening up and more to follow and not a peep out of driving ranges, literally all the business is going to one driving range that is open...Cedar Links. There is a lot of other ranges in the area with no word on opening, seems like they just don't want the business eh?
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sweetchilli View Post
        Sorry to change the topic on you a little bit but it is sort of weird up here in Barrie. Courses are opening up and more to follow and not a peep out of driving ranges, literally all the business is going to one driving range that is open...Cedar Links. There is a lot of other ranges in the area with no word on opening, seems like they just don't want the business eh?
        I know what you mean; however, driving ranges have different challenges than courses. Generally, their ranges don't drain as easily, so the area where the balls are landing is more soggy than a course. If it's too soggy, the balls will fly in and sink - that makes it impossible to pick them up with the ball cart/tractor. A few summers ago, during one of the wettest seasons in memory, Fairway range on Kennedy lost more than 10,000 balls in the field. That's a lot of ball inventory lost to soggy ground. So, essentially, the ranges are waiting for the ground to be dry enough so that they'll actually be able to use the balls more than once.
        In the bag:
        R15 12° PXV 6.0
        SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
        Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
        Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
        Vokey SM5 54, 58
        Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

PGA Golf Range is on Keele. Not sure how good it is or not though. Their phone says they would be open April 1 weather permitting but I guess they need a few more days. Went by today, not open.

Comment

I was at Carrickmacross , little muddy with grass but better than mats
            Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
            Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
            Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
            Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
            Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
            Pro V1x Left Dash
            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
            Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
              I was at Carrickmacross , little muddy with grass but better than mats
              Yup, I was there yesterday. No putting on the putting green but you CAN putt on the green for the 4th hole if no one is playing it - go figure.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
              X