Collapse

Hunters Point closing

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunters Point closing

Over population had nothing to do with the golf course closing , over saturation maybe. Too many courses here in the Niagara Region with a small population. The course was apparently not a money maker. I think it was one of the more challenging layouts and I enjoyed playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
      Hard to see twice the population resulting in fewer courses.
      Interesting comment considering all the golf courses closing and the increasing population in the GTA.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
        Interesting comment considering all the golf courses closing and the increasing population in the GTA.
        I think autoease was right with the oversaturation comment.

Courses grew faster than the population and now there's a pullback. Especially since we can't watch Tiger play 2000 kms away on TV (what?).

Think long term!
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Hunters Pointe in Welland may be sold to a Toronto group soon, reopen golf course?
          Any news out there?

Comment

I highly doubt it as I heard they ceased operations as a golf course as it would be easier to sell that way for development, and besides it would be more lucrative rather than operating at a loss.

Comment

They kept a packed tee sheet. It really could make a profit as a course. Not as much as a development would...

Everytime this thread bumps I get a tad bit of hope it's good news. Dreams always dashed
              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

It seems rather odd that when I drove past the course yesterday on the 406 that they were cutting the greens and the fairways . The greens looked in really great shape !

Comment

Originally posted by autoease View Post
                  It seems rather odd that when I drove past the course yesterday on the 406 that they were cutting the greens and the fairways . The greens looked in really great shape !
                  Just tried to call. Number still works and the same phone system seems to be in place. Got my hopes up again
                  I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

well, at least Water Park Golf & CC survived!!

Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by autoease View Post
                      Just heard that the course was sold and will operate this year. But not from any official sources.

Comment

Hopefully that is the case as it was challenging to play , as well it would appease the members that bought houses in the community . The rumour that I heard was that they were possibly looking for someone to lease the land as an operating golf course until it is sold.

Comment

I heard it was leased by golfnorth, but not from anyone officially involved so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by parbreaker View Post
                            I heard it was leased by golfnorth, but not from anyone officially involved so who knows.
                            Now you're just f'n teasing me!

Comment

Any updates or info on the possible reopening?

Comment

Rumours are just that. Rumours. They are keeping the grass cut just in case something develops but they said unlikely. Info via email inquiry.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X