Tam O'Shanter

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tam O'Shanter

Here is my attempt.

"The clear water of the early season, in the pond on the 5th hole, was being taken over by a virescent algae as the heat of the summer set in." __________________

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I have been playing Tam twice per week for the last 10 years. Why?... I retired and I moved to a Condo next to the course.

I always get negative comments from people about Tam being easy to play and that the conditions are poor.

I find it to be always in good shape except the year after the Ice storm. Being an easy course I guess depends on the calibre of the player's ability.

The recent Reno of the verandah and cart paths are all positive things. The cart paths will allow carts to be used after heavy rain storms when in the past carts were banned after heavy rain due to soggy fairways.

It is all good folks, enjoy the game wherever you play.
      Taylormade 2017 - M2 10.5*
      Taylormade 2016 - M2 3-15*

Taylormade M4 - 5 to AW
      Taylormade Milled Grind 56*/12
      Taylormade Milled Grind 60*/10
      Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
      Callaway Supersoft

Comment

Anyone played it this year so far? How's the pace midweek? Might try and get a round in next Wed or Thurs pending weather. So far, it's just me if anyone else is interested in playing.

Comment

Hey Carlton

I might be able to join you, I should have a better idea of my schedule by Monday.

Comment

Sorry Neil, I didn't catch this till now.

Thurs or Friday looking pretty warm this week if anyone is interested if there are tee times available that is.

Comment

Originally posted by davmyrnis View Post
              I have been playing Tam twice per week for the last 10 years. Why?... I retired and I moved to a Condo next to the course.

I always get negative comments from people about Tam being easy to play and that the conditions are poor.

I find it to be always in good shape except the year after the Ice storm. Being an easy course I guess depends on the calibre of the player's ability.

The recent Reno of the verandah and cart paths are all positive things. The cart paths will allow carts to be used after heavy rain storms when in the past carts were banned after heavy rain due to soggy fairways.

It is all good folks, enjoy the game wherever you play.
              Back in the day when my friends and I couldn't get early tee times booked for the weekend, we'd show up early (before 7:30) to play the back 9 and always got on. IMO, back 9 is superior to front 9. As many have mentioned nice layout with strongest holes being the 10th (think the longest or second longest) and, my favourite, the par 4 15th where you had to carry the pond and deal with elevated green. I agree bunkers are awful and Par 3s are Dentonia-like but having a great location (just off 401 as well as TTC) makes Tam convenient and accessible. Glad to see Tam continues to attract golfers from all walks of life

Comment

Twilight weekdays, is it really busy?

If walking, do they kick you off the course at a certain time, or can you play until dark?

Thinking about tonight around 6pm
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                  Twilight weekdays, is it really busy?

If walking, do they kick you off the course at a certain time, or can you play until dark?

Thinking about tonight around 6pm
                  They make you leave the course by dusk which is usually about 45 minutes to an hour before actual darkness. I doubt you'll even get 9 holes in if you start at 6pm
                  Driver:Titleist 910 D2 w/ Diamana Ahina stiff
                  4-wood: Titleist 910F 17° w/ Diamana Ka'ali stiff
                  Hybrids: Titleist 910h 19 degree
                  Taylormade Burner 19/22 degree
                  Irons: Titliest AP2 w/ KBS Tour 90
                  Wedges: Titleist Vokey 60sm4, 56sm4, 52sm4
                  Putter: Ping Anser 2

Comment

Originally posted by Spottswoode View Post
                    They make you leave the course by dusk which is usually about 45 minutes to an hour before actual darkness. I doubt you'll even get 9 holes in if you start at 6pm
                    Even if you are Walking?

Strange

Comment

Even if you are Walking?

Strange
                      At Don Valley, Humber and Dentonia last season, the marshalls did a drive around the course letting golers know that the pro-shop would be closing up in 30min and to kindaly make their way back to return their rental equipment ie clubs and/or carts. If it's just clubs, they offered to take them off your hands so you don't have to hurry back.

If you had your own gear, they just let you keep on playing. My buddies and I have left the City courses after dark, long after the proshop had closed for the day. They just told us to finish up how many holes we had left or as long as we could still see to play.

That said, did you make it out after work today?

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
                        At Don Valley, Humber and Dentonia last season, the marshalls did a drive around the course letting golers know that the pro-shop would be closing up in 30min and to kindaly make their way back to return their rental equipment ie clubs and/or carts. If it's just clubs, they offered to take them off your hands so you don't have to hurry back.

If you had your own gear, they just let you keep on playing. My buddies and I have left the City courses after dark, long after the proshop had closed for the day. They just told us to finish up how many holes we had left or as long as we could still see to play.

That said, did you make it out after work today?
                        That's more of what I thought, and no, I decided to look at getting the tires changed after work.

Comment

That's more of what I thought, and no, I decided to look at getting the tires changed after work.
                          lol, your priorities are skewed buddy... you should see a golf pro about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
                            lol, your priorities are skewed buddy... you should see a golf pro about that.
                            I have played EVERYDAY I haven't been working the last 3 weeks....plus a couple of rounds after work.....and it's only April!!

Comment

I have played EVERYDAY I haven't been working the last 3 weeks....plus a couple of rounds after work.....and it's only April!!
                              lol, I kneel to you sir. I'm not worthy!

Comment

I applaud you brother

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X