Osprey Valley

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Osprey Valley

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
    I was there yesterday and played Heathlands & Hoot. It was great being able to play so fast. I practically had Heathlands all to myself. The course is in great condition, the greens were soft and ran at a good pace. You wouldn't know it's been a dry summer.
    My compliments to the staff, they were all very helpful & friendly.

Now, about that fescue, I lost 4 balls within 15 feet of the fairway.....
    That sounds like proper Irish / Scottish west coast golf - hit the fairway, or you'll need a search party.
    In the bag:
    R15 12° PXV 6.0
    SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
    Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
    Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey SM5 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post
      That sounds like proper Irish / Scottish west coast golf - hit the fairway, or you'll need a search party.
      Sorry, the search party was deployed on Toot yesterday ...

Comment

Comment

Played yesterday with a guest who has never played Osprey before and throughout the 3 rounds we played, the comments would not stop on how beautiful the conditions are now even in the heat wave and his biggest compliment was how he wanted to go home and tell all his friends on how he played 54 holes in one day at the nicest golf resort he has ever played in his whole life. FYI, my guest is from South Korea and has played many high end clubs there and here also in GTA and hasn't ever seen such perfect conditions and such a great layout for 54 holes. We started on Toot at 7:30am and then played Hoot and finally Heathlands. Finished at 4, had time to play one more but we had to leave for dinner in North York at 6. He didn't believe I played 6 rounds the week before but now he does. Pace of play is amazing and service is top notch, thanks OV again. The free waters saved us yesterday in the heat!
          WITB-Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
          Driver-Titleist 910-12°
          FW-910-18°
          FW-Ping G30-21°
          Hybrid-915-27°
          Irons-Titleist 714CB-4/5,714MB-6-W
          GW-Titleist SM4-50
          SW-Titleist SM5-54
          LW-SM2-58
          Putter-SC Newport 2
          Century Club-108 holes at Osprey Valley Aug 4 2016

Comment

Originally posted by 54holesormore View Post
            Played yesterday with a guest who has never played Osprey before and throughout the 3 rounds we played, the comments would not stop on how beautiful the conditions are now even in the heat wave and his biggest compliment was how he wanted to go home and tell all his friends on how he played 54 holes in one day at the nicest golf resort he has ever played in his whole life. FYI, my guest is from South Korea and has played many high end clubs there and here also in GTA and hasn't ever seen such perfect conditions and such a great layout for 54 holes. We started on Toot at 7:30am and then played Hoot and finally Heathlands. Finished at 4, had time to play one more but we had to leave for dinner in North York at 6. He didn't believe I played 6 rounds the week before but now he does. Pace of play is amazing and service is top notch, thanks OV again. The free waters saved us yesterday in the heat!
            Thanks for sharing that, it's great to hear!

Comment

Any word on what the labour day weekend special might be? Particularly if you will be tuning the play all day upgrade promo again. Very excited to come out and check out all 3 18s
              TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
              TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
              Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
              Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
              Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
              Vokey SM4 50/54/58
              Odyssey Toe-Up #1
              Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
                Any word on what the labour day weekend special might be? Particularly if you will be tuning the play all day upgrade promo again. Very excited to come out and check out all 3 18s
                Yes, we will be running the Free Upgrade to Play All Day on thecLabour Day weekend as well (Sat, Sun, Mon). Hope to see you!

Comment

Originally posted by Osprey Valley Golf View Post
                  Yes, we will be running the Free Upgrade to Play All Day on thecLabour Day weekend as well (Sat, Sun, Mon). Hope to see you!
                  Already have my tee time for Monday, September 5th, since last week!

Comment

How far in advance can we book there?

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                      30 days lol

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                        book us in for (4)
                        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Had an absolutely spectacular day at Osprey today. Arrived for our 7:30 tee time on the Toot as their was a junior tournament scheduled shortly after. Cruised through in about 3 hours as a twosome.

Hopped on the Hoot for the second round. This course makes you forget you're in Ontario, feel as if it's straight out of South Carolina.

Finished off with the beast that is the Heathlands. I think the next time we venture to Osprey we will start here. I found it the hardest of the three, probably more so when it's your third round of the day in about 9.5 hours!

Conditions were pristine, staff was fantastic. There seriously isn't a reason to not go to this place. It's a golfer's heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by mk1991 View Post
                            Had an absolutely spectacular day at Osprey today. Arrived for our 7:30 tee time on the Toot as their was a junior tournament scheduled shortly after. Cruised through in about 3 hours as a twosome.

Hopped on the Hoot for the second round. This course makes you forget you're in Ontario, feel as if it's straight out of South Carolina.

Finished off with the beast that is the Heathlands. I think the next time we venture to Osprey we will start here. I found it the hardest of the three, probably more so when it's your third round of the day in about 9.5 hours!

Conditions were pristine, staff was fantastic. There seriously isn't a reason to not go to this place. It's a golfer's heaven.
                            Thanks, mk1991! We're glad to hear you had a great experience. Hope we see you for another 54 over the Labour Day weekend.

Comment

I played Osprey last weekend. This is the second time I played the courses this year. The courses were in fantastic shape on both occasions. However, I thought the greens were running rather slow compared to what I have experienced there in the past. I thought when I played it back in July maybe the greens weren't mowed that day? But last weekend the greens were the same pace.

Did they slow the greens down on purpose this year? Maybe they are cutting them higher due to lack of rain? Any thoughts from anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by ShootaMcgavin View Post
                                I played Osprey last weekend. This is the second time I played the courses this year. The courses were in fantastic shape on both occasions. However, I thought the greens were running rather slow compared to what I have experienced there in the past. I thought when I played it back in July maybe the greens weren't mowed that day? But last weekend the greens were the same pace.

Did they slow the greens down on purpose this year? Maybe they are cutting them higher due to lack of rain? Any thoughts from anyone else?
                                Hi ShootaMcgavin. It has been an interesting year, to be sure. With the long drought followed by some intensive rainstorms, the turf depatment has been kept on their toes this season.

I shared your observations with the Superintendents, Scott Brook (Heathlands) and Dave Hunter (Hoot snd Toot). Can you give me a little more information (dates and courses) to pass on to them?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X