Collapse

Osprey Valley

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Osprey Valley

They should get a couple black swans - they keep the geese away from Pipers and Dragonsfire
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

45 holes there yesterday - started with Toot, then Hoot then the first 9 at Heathlands. Only had 2 groups ahead of us the whole day - one let us through on #7 on Toot and one let us through on #3 at Hoot. Didn't see anyone else on Hoot after that.

This course sucks - and I'll never be back (until next year )

Comment

I walked 36 tonight. Got there around 3:30 and hit the range for 20 minutes. Walked over to Heathlands and was off at 4. Got through the course in a little over 2:15 walking. I got held up on 13 for one hole before the foursome let me play through. Went over to Hoot and got through it in 2:15 as well. I didn't see a soul on Hoot. Back in my car by 8:30. Great way to spend a Sunday evening - even better to get 36 walking in 4:30.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to get out for a play all day.
        What's in the Bag?

TaylorMade M1 9.5 / Matrix White Tie 7X3 X-Flex
        TaylorMade SLDR 3 Wood / Oban Devotion 7 X-Flex
        TaylorMade UDI 18 / Pxi 6.5
        TaylorMade TP MC 3-PW / X100 Tour Issue
        TaylorMade EF Wedges 52/58 / S400 Tour Issue
        Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

I may need to do my annual pilgrimage too this week.... Ah a single walking Friday late afternoon sounds very tempting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyfast View Post
            I walked 36 tonight. Got there around 3:30 and hit the range for 20 minutes. Walked over to Heathlands and was off at 4. Got through the course in a little over 2:15 walking. I got held up on 13 for one hole before the foursome let me play through. Went over to Hoot and got through it in 2:15 as well. I didn't see a soul on Hoot. Back in my car by 8:30. Great way to spend a Sunday evening - even better to get 36 walking in 4:30.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to get out for a play all day.
            You certainly ived up to your name!

Comment

Played last Wednesday and got 5.5 rounds in with a buddy. What I love about this place is the people who play there, completely different from other public courses. Never a problem getting let through and we had no problem letting singles through
              MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I am probably one of the biggest fans of Osprey. However, last Thursday, I was totally shocked to a) see the number of people on the course all day and b) noone letting my playing partner and i through.

We were doing an all-day and after finishing 2.5 rounds, we basically gave up on the day and called it quits as we literally had waits on every hole on every course we played (even the early morning round).

Not sure if its the impact of all the twitter ads or word of mouth..But i have never seen this many people at Osprey before!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by owu23 View Post
                    I am probably one of the biggest fans of Osprey. However, last Thursday, I was totally shocked to a) see the number of people on the course all day and b) noone letting my playing partner and i through.

We were doing an all-day and after finishing 2.5 rounds, we basically gave up on the day and called it quits as we literally had waits on every hole on every course we played (even the early morning round).

Not sure if its the impact of all the twitter ads or word of mouth..But i have never seen this many people at Osprey before!
                    Sorry to hear that you didn't get as much out of the play-all-day option as you had hoped.

1) Were there holes open ahead of the groups that would not let you through?

2) Is there any reason that you didn't skip some holes to find some openings?

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
                      Sorry to hear that you didn't get as much out of the play-all-day option as you had hoped.

1) Were there holes open ahead of the groups that would not let you through?

2) Is there any reason that you didn't skip some holes to find some openings?
                      Tried various options and kept getting stuck.

Very unlike that place

Comment

Originally posted by owu23 View Post

Sorry to hear - hopefully an isolated incident. My experience today was totally the opposite. Played 4 rounds and was home for dinner. Didn't see another golfer until round 3 and only played through 3 groups all day!!
                        For anyone interested - here are my times:
                        Round 1 - 6:14am-8:16am
                        Round 2 - 8:23am-10:30am
                        Round 3 - 10:40am-12:49am
                        round 4 - 1:03pm-3:21pm

Amazing day at a special place.

Comment

Originally posted by ktrainor73 View Post
                          Sorry to hear - hopefully an isolated incident. My experience today was totally the opposite. Played 4 rounds and was home for dinner. Didn't see another golfer until round 3 and only played through 3 groups all day!!
                          For anyone interested - here are my times:
                          Round 1 - 6:14am-8:16am
                          Round 2 - 8:23am-10:30am
                          Round 3 - 10:40am-12:49am
                          round 4 - 1:03pm-3:21pm

Amazing day at a special place.
                          Wow and congrats! I can never get more than 36 in and when I get home, I'm beat. Maybe it's the sun. When did you even stop to eat?

Comment

Played the Toot and Heathlands yesterday and boy oh boy did Osprey ever have some teeth showing. Every pin was on a shelf, on a slope, 2-3 paces from the edge, etc. I've never seen the place setup so difficult in my life. It made shooting 36 on the front 9 of Toot feel that much better. But I really struggled on the heathlands..
                            Driver:Titleist 910 D2 w/ Diamana Ahina stiff
                            4-wood: Titleist 910F 17° w/ Diamana Ka'ali stiff
                            Hybrids: Titleist 910h 19 degree
                            Taylormade Burner 19/22 degree
                            Irons: Titliest AP2 w/ KBS Tour 90
                            Wedges: Titleist Vokey 60sm4, 56sm4, 52sm4
                            Putter: Ping Anser 2

Comment

I'm a real fan of Osprey...it's always a great golf experience..I've played there 8 times this year and don't have anything bad to say about it. It's never been busy and I've been able to play in 3.5 hours with no problem. One of the best public courses in the GTA form sure!

Comment

Played the hoot yesterday for the first time with my uncle and his friend.

Awesome course from tees to fairways to greens. Probably my fav place ever lol

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X