Collapse

A Biomechanical Look at David Leadbetter’s “A Swing”

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Biomechanical Look at David Leadbetter’s “A Swing”

The seed for what would blossom into the A Swing was planted back in 1998, while I was visiting David Leadbetter at his academy headquarters in Florida. As time went by, our discussions about the A Swing deepened, which, as a biomechanist specializing in sports, excited me tremendously. While about 10 years in the making, […]

I picked up the book but haven't had to sit down and read it just yet

Re: A Biomechanical Look at David Leadbetter’s “A Swing”

Is Leadbetter's new A Swing for you? In this video PGA Professionals Piers Ward and Andy Proudman talk about the new "A Swing" by David Leadbetter to see if ...

Review by me and my golf

Comment

Originally posted by dwrecks View Post
      A very high quality video production with excellent color coordination of outfits and narration.

Any pro's using the A swing yet?
      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
        A very high quality video production with excellent color coordination of outfits and narration.

Ambiguously Golf Duo

Comment

Originally posted by DCBABY View Post
          Ambiguously Golf Duo
          Would that be you and your partner on the video.

Comment

Would that be you and your partner on the video.
            In terms of appearance, I'm about a 180 from them.

I guess the UK golfing youtubers all have their quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by DCBABY View Post
              I guess the UK golfing youtubers all have their quirks.
              Every person is normal until you get to know them

Comment

Not surprised he hit a draw given the set up. Also, with the left foot forward relative to the target line, I suspect many, especially high handicappers, would have difficulty rotating hips properly......especially if they wore their pants as tight a these guys do.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                  Not surprised he hit a draw given the set up. Also, with the left foot forward relative to the target line, I suspect many, especially high handicappers, would have difficulty rotating hips properly......especially if they wore their pants as tight a these guys do.
                  I guess we have all been Fore Warned

Comment

I just had a look at this, and two things stand out to me.
                    1- The closed stance,
                    2- the handle leading the clubhead up in the backswing.
                    Shades of 1890 Hickory swing tech.
                    Old is New.
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      Old is New
                      Looks more manipulated than natural
                      Can't say I'm surprised, since it has LB written all over it

Comment

Looks more manipulated than natural
                        Can't say I'm surprised, since it has LB written all over it

There is a fair bit in the A swing that has been taken from other theorists, like Martin Ayers. He also leads with the handle, picks it straight up then drops the club behind him and then flattens on the down.

There is this clip from the hickory era of Whethered ,Jones and Vardon that show the accent on the hip turn of the day, and an inside takeaway that keeps the arms on the body.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                          ...There is this clip from the hickory era of Whethered ,Jones and Vardon that show the accent on the hip turn of the day, and an inside takeaway that keeps the arms on the body.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivo0n49U3aI
                          This vid made my day. And not just for entertainment but, imho, for the absolute fundamental mechanics that are involved in a pain free swing!!!
                          THANK YOU SO MUCH for this vid - so much appreciated and thanked !!!
                          Cheers.

Comment

Flattening out the swing plane is easier for me with the A swing. The v plane uses gravity to help me flatten out more naturally than dropping my whole arm in the traditional sense. I don't find myself hitting the ball fat.

This is coming from a noob so take what I say with a grain of salt

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

this is Martyn Ayers in 2012 describing then what is essentially the A swing.

He goes on to describe his own mental image of what it feels like to him, with the right hand coming up to his shoulder with the curled palm.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X