Collapse

M2 15 degree vs. 16.5 HL 3 woods

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 15 degree vs. 16.5 HL 3 woods

A thread like this likely exists somewhere but anyone have any experience on the M2 3 wood and how they decided between the 3 and 3HL lofts? Any differences in distance, flight, dispersion?

I am a relatively high swing speed player (probably carry my RBZ 3 wood around 250) but am very inconsistent with it. I'm juggling between just a standard M2 3 wood or a 3HL with a lower spinning shaft.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    WITB 2024

Driver: Ping G425 Max (10.5°)
    Shaft: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Orange 60 X
    4 wood: Titleist TSi2 (16.5°)
    Shaft: Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 65 X
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex UW (21°)
    Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana B 80 X

Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 (4), 243 (5-PW)
    Shafts: Nippon N.S. Pro MODUS3 Tour 115 X
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM8 (52-12F), SM9 (56-12D), SM7 (60-12D
    )
    Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
    Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG #1WS
    Grip: SuperStroke Traxion Tour 2.0

Re: M2 15 degree vs. 16.5 HL 3 woods

general rule of thumb is more loft is easier to hit.. (arguable) i always use a 17* fwy wood.. i have them shafted to 42.75-43" so they are a traditional 3 wood length.. i have a tough time getting the ball high with a fwy wood tho. hence the increased loft.

on the flip side i know some high ball hitters that use a 13/14* fwy wood as well..
    Epic 10.5 - Elements
    Epic 3 wood - Elements
    Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
    King MB - Recoil Prototype
    Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
    Lamb Allendale
    https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Originally posted by foodem View Post
      A thread like this likely exists somewhere but anyone have any experience on the M2 3 wood and how they decided between the 3 and 3HL lofts? Any differences in distance, flight, dispersion?

I am a relatively high swing speed player (probably carry my RBZ 3 wood around 250) but am very inconsistent with it. I'm juggling between just a standard M2 3 wood or a 3HL with a lower spinning shaft.

You won't have any problem getting either one in the air. Depends what you are looking for. Do you want a max distance, use off the tee, driver replacer OR do you want something that launches a little higher, lands a little softer and rolls out a little less better suited for attacking greens?

Comment

I have the high launch M1 3 wood. Probably my favorite 3 wood I have ever had, so easy to hit and goes just as far as a normal one but runs out less. Much easier hitting it off the turf as well I have found, more forgiveness with the strike as in even a poor hit will get up in the air and have a chance. Since getting it I no longer hesitate to grab the 3 wood for a shot, before I would always go to the 7 wood.
        "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by foodem View Post

have a look at the Cobra King F6 fairway woods.

Cobra King F6 Fairway Review shows how Flip Zone weights move across a single F6 fairway head.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

i recently purchased 2016 M2 HL wood and i just love the performance. i would say mid-launch, forgiving and good distance. even with HL, i got distance that i want from 3 wd. its amazing.

i want to say its the best 3 wood club since 909... however, it's 'sound' that i just cant get along right now.
            AIR HYBRID II on CG 3.5
            Epic 9.5° Fujikura Pro Green 62 S
            917 F2 15° Even Flow Blue 75 S
            Stealth 3H 19° Ventus Red 7 S

P770 4-P Dynamic Gold 105 VSS S
            MG2 50.09 | 54.11 | 58.08 Dynamic Gold S200
            ER1 Blade
            TP5x

Comment

Have an M2 3HL as well. Easy to hit and long.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X