Collapse

Cardinal Golf Sold

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinal Golf Sold

Just saw this tweet from Peter Mumford @FaiwaysMag @Employees at Cardinal GC advised yesterday that all 4 courses have been sold; deal closing in July. Rumoured price is $40 million.

Tweet is a couple of days old and couldn't find anything else about the sale anywhere.

Re: Cardinal Golf Sold

Last edited by scottybonus; Jun 28, 2015, 06:44 PM. Reason: Fix url

Comment

That tweeter page is gone

Comment

WoW...that's huge.

Peter Mumford ‏@FairwaysMag Jun 25
        Employees at Cardinal GC advised yesterday that all 4 courses have been sold; deal closing in July. Rumoured price is $40 million.

Comment

save Redcrest, bulldoze the rest?
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I play Redcrest tonight, I will ask around.

With all the tournaments they pump through there, I always assumed they did ok. With some of the land being in the holland marsh, not sure what else they could do with it other then farming, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by scottybonus View Post
              Just saw this tweet from Peter Mumford @FaiwaysMag @Employees at Cardinal GC advised yesterday that all 4 courses have been sold; deal closing in July. Rumoured price is $40 million.

Tweet is a couple of days old and couldn't find anything else about the sale anywhere.
              Yup, spoke to the pro shop guys tonight. Apparently its a done deal. The current owner is getting older (can't remember his name) and has some health issues, so decided it was time to unload it. Looks like some sort of golf management company is taking over (wouldn't say who), but should be business as usual. We will see...

Comment

Originally posted by Feherty Fan View Post
                Yup, spoke to the pro shop guys tonight. Apparently its a done deal. The current owner is getting older (can't remember his name) and has some health issues,
                Dalton Hicks

Comment

While the courses were low end caliber, they were generally busy and filled a need for those looking for affordable golf in the area.

Too bad, Cardinal, Highland Gate, GlenwAy were 3 affordable options that are now gone. While the area is saturated with golf courses , the demand for land for real estate is an easier way for the owners to cash in.

Walked the dogs on Highland Gate yesterday, very sad to see it all grown over with weeds and long grass. Was a member there back in the early-mid 90's and IT was a solid and very challenging track
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                    While the courses were low end caliber, they were generally busy and filled a need for those looking for affordable golf in the area.

Too bad, Cardinal, Highland Gate, GlenwAy were 3 affordable options that are now gone. While the area is saturated with golf courses , the demand for land for real estate is an easier way for the owners to cash in.

Walked the dogs on Highland Gate yesterday, very sad to see it all grown over with weeds and long grass. Was a member there back in the early-mid 90's and IT was a solid and very challenging track
                    The post 2 above yours says it's going to remain a golf course (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
                      The post 2 above yours says it's going to remain a golf course (for now).
                      Missed that, thanks and good news for those who play there and those of us who play in the area as other courses won't have to absorb their volumes
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Saw-Whet in the west end has been sitting all summer. Plans for the property are still going through the region and as far as I know, have yet to be approved.

While the course was not anything to rave about, it's a shame to see it locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Netz View Post
                          Dalton Hicks
                          Yes that's the man, Dalt loved the game and use to play everyday back in the early Cardinal days, they were a customer of mine back then.
                          One year, in the Hay Days before Red Crest opened, he told me that they had put through 110,000 rounds between the East & West Wings and Kettle Creek. So even with a drop in golf they can do well, though they are really pushing Footy Golf with two Footy Tournaments in the next couple of weeks.
                          It use to be a great track for tournaments and one of the organizations I was involved with would have 20 to 30 people show up just before the Tee Time hoping for no show spots.
                          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

We have in last few years played the spring and summer scrambles at Cardinal It's always been fun. Hope it continues. But I wonder how much if any development can be done on the property due the Oak Ridges Moraine?

Frank

Comment

I played it yesterday and it was in good shape, including the greens. Lots of guys, women and kids on the course playing golf.

I hope the new owners keep it open and deliver the same services; Cardinal meets a real need for "value golf" in the GTA.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X