Collapse

PGA Village Port St.Lucie Florida

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA Village Port St.Lucie Florida

My Myrtle group is thinking of changing things up after 5 years and looking into Florida. PGA Village looks great and fits our budget.

Have any TGN'ers stayed there, or know someone who has, and can offer some opinions/suggestions before we book.

Re: PGA Village Port St.Lucie Florida

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    My Myrtle group is thinking of changing things up after 5 years and looking into Florida. PGA Village looks great and fits our budget.

Have any TGN'ers stayed there, or know someone who has, and can offer some opinions/suggestions before we book.
    I have stayed at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn, and played all of the courses: Wanamaker, Ryder, Dye, and (formerly private) St. Lucie Trail.

I first played them in 2012 - the layouts are great, and the conditioning was good, but not great. In 2013 they sunk a ton of money into the place, and the conditioning now is top-notch! I wouldn't hesitate to return. FYI, the Wanamaker course is one of the four PGA Tour Canada's Q-School sites.

Comment

Been there but it was about 10 years ago.

At that time, with the exception of the Dye course, I thought the rest were boring with only so so maintenance. If as noted above they have put more money into the facility, then it could be very good. Condos on site were pretty good at the time and pretty well everything was close by...although as I recall, not much nitelife.

Comment

Stay there for a week ever summer...the 3 courses on site are great and the one down the street is very good. The full condo's are big and sleep 4 no problem. It gets pricey in the winter months as it is high season there. PM me if anymore specific questions. During summer months one (sometimes 2) of the courses are always closed for maintenance, in the winter months pretty sure all 4 are open.
        BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
        Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
        There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Originally posted by smc66 View Post
          I have stayed at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn, and played all of the courses: Wanamaker, Ryder, Dye, and (formerly private) St. Lucie Trail.

I first played them in 2012 - the layouts are great, and the conditioning was good, but not great. In 2013 they sunk a ton of money into the place, and the conditioning now is top-notch! I wouldn't hesitate to return. FYI, the Wanamaker course is one of the four PGA Tour Canada's Q-School sites.
          Similar to my experience in 2014. Didn't play the Dye course because it wasn't available but very much enjoyed the other three. Also stayed at the Hilton Garden which was fine as well. I would go back.

Comment

PGA Village looks great and fits our budget.

What time of year are we talking about?
            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

First week in April.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingoalie View Post
                Stay there for a week ever summer...the 3 courses on site are great and the one down the street is very good. The full condo's are big and sleep 4 no problem. It gets pricey in the winter months as it is high season there. PM me if anymore specific questions. During summer months one (sometimes 2) of the courses are always closed for maintenance, in the winter months pretty sure all 4 are open.
                Thanks for the info.

Is a rental vehicle required if we don't plan to golf elsewhere?

All 4 courses are open but the better 3 have member only days through the week so having a little bit of difficulty scheduling 6 rounds with only 1 at the muni.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Aceman, my group went to myrtle for 14 years... now go to Daytona Beach for the last 12 years... courses are comparable but half the price and the food and nitelife .... twice as good...
                  we play Halifax, both LPGA`s, both Plantation Bay`s, Spruce Creek, Victoria Hills...
                  We stay at Ocean Court on the beach - owner dave has all the golf connections you will need to get on all these courses....
                  check it out & you will thank me later...we go last week in october....tell dave the doctor from Windsor sent you !

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Is a rental vehicle required if we don't plan to golf elsewhere?

All 4 courses are open but the better 3 have member only days through the week so having a little bit of difficulty scheduling 6 rounds with only 1 at the muni.

Thanks in advance.
                    If you stay at one of the condo's on the site you can walk to the clubhouse in 5 minutes or less. 1 course is always booked for members only in the AM so you can always play 36 on site in a day. Give me your specific dates and I can ask the lady I rent from to see if her unit is available and give you her info.
                    BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                    Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                    There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Our group of 12 stayed and played there last November. Enjoyed the three courses on site and the other off site was a tier lower. Condos were good but we had rental cars which allowed us to go off site for restaurants or groceries if needed.

Comment

We stayed on Mulligan Circle in the resort several times. Usually 4 to 8 players. The condos were always great, the courses are all good. You don't need a rental car, but it sure is handy since you are West of stores and pubs, but nothing a cab drive can't handle.

The food at the course is good and the beer is cold. The Hilton near the course has a good pub (Sneads). There isn't too much in St. Lucie unless you go for Spring Training Baseball.

Ryder and Wannamaker are good courses that are fairly similar (trees, ponds etc). Dye is a links-style course and even though I believe it's rated tougher and is quite a bit longer, I find it to play a bit easier.
                        "It took me 17 years to get 3000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."
                        --Hank Aaron

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X