Collapse

Cozumel Country Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cozumel Country Club

I am travelling to Cozumel, Mexico this winter and am wondering if any TGNers have vacationed here. If so I am wondering how you would review the Cozumel Country Club. What are the conditions like, value, layout, and overall enjoyment.

Re: Cozumel Country Club

Its a great track. I went about 3 years ago and golf was all inclusive if you stayed at the Melia Cozumel. Cart fees were like $25/person.

Comment

On the verge of booking a week in Cozumel....can anyone offer an update on the course and the conditions?

Comment

Wow I had no idea there was a golf course in Cozumel. I've only gone diving there but since I can't dive anymore maybe I can golf and wife can go diving. That sounds perfect How's the course?
        Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
        Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
          Wow I had no idea there was a golf course in Cozumel. I've only gone diving there but since I can't dive anymore maybe I can golf and wife can go diving. That sounds perfect How's the course?
          Just booked....will let you know next month. Everything I've read is quite positive.
          Last edited by ninja; Oct 17, 2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed it. Typical Mexican course. Good condition and fun layout. Mangroves eat balls...
            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
            TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Been there twice. 2014 was the last time.
              Package deal included golf and stayed at the Melia both times.
              Melia is nothing special but I went for the golf. Food half decent.
              The golf course was designed by Gary not Jack and he did a very good job.
              Played in January and end of February. Both times the course was in good shape save the tee boxes. They were a little rough but fairways and greens were in good shape.
              Watch out for the crocks. They are big but beautiful animals.
              Food at the course is very good even though the service area is not all that impressive. Cart girls will order food for you and bring it to you on the course if needed.
              Last time I was there, mandatory cart fee was $31 U.S.
              Have fun.

Comment

Played there in March 2014 as part of an excursion from my cruise trip. I was charged $125 US and $165 US including rentals.

The course condition is similar to a municipal course and layout was pretty neat. Lots of ponds and palm trees with wide open faitways... if you hit ob don't bother looking for it as there are many different reptiles waiting to bite...

The rental clubs were taylormade but horribly mismatched I had a 2007 burner driver with rbz 3w then the original rescue mid. 4 to 6 irons were RAC CB and 7 to PW were R7s?. No other wedges and a pretty crap putter. Looks like unsold GT demo clubs end up here!

I might have some old vids I can post up.

Bettinardi BEBG-1501 Staff Bag (Riding 14 Clubs)
                TRPX S-013 1W 9.5 | RomaRo Ray Type-R 5W+ 17 & UT 19 | United SBB1 Tour 3-PW & SBW2 53/57 | Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

Honma CB-3202 Stand Bag (Walking 12 Clubs)
                Baldo 8C Craft Brassy 2W 13 | George Spirit GTFW 5W 18 | Honma TW-U 21 & TW717M 4-PW | Romaro Alcobaca Stream Tour 58 | Bettinardi BB35

Comment

Originally posted by gr8glfr View Post
                  The golf course was designed by Gary not Jack and he did a very good job.
                  Nicklaus design (Steve actually). Played 3 rounds this week....fun track but not a lot of room for error on most holes. Decent condition and greens were immaculate.

Tee'd off early (before the cruise ships docked) so didn't see any crocs. Staff were helpful and very friendly. Only downside was the $25USD rider fee which adds up after a few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ninja View Post
                    Nicklaus design (Steve actually). Played 3 rounds this week....fun track but not a lot of room for error on most holes. Decent condition and greens were immaculate.

Tee'd off early (before the cruise ships docked) so didn't see any crocs. Staff were helpful and very friendly. Only downside was the $25USD rider fee which adds up after a few rounds.
                    And the "ball tax" if you leave your clubs there

TM Rescue 17*
                    TM M2 4-AW
                    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                      And the "ball tax" if you leave your clubs there
                      No charge...left mine there all week and flipped the proshop guy a few bucks every round. If you're staying at the Melia resort it's 15min walk or a $5USD cab ride to the course.

Comment

Originally posted by ninja View Post
                        No charge...left mine there all week and flipped the proshop guy a few bucks every round. If you're staying at the Melia resort it's 15min walk or a $5USD cab ride to the course.
                        I did the same, there were just a few less pro-v's in there every morning, lol.

TM Rescue 17*
                        TM M2 4-AW
                        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                          I did the same, there were just a few less pro-v's in there every morning, lol.
                          Too funny....I wasn't tracking my balls but I don't think I was missing any. It is Mexico though so anything is possible.

Comment

When I worked as the Golf Pro for Carnival sailing out of New Orleans we went there every 5 or 6 days....fun course with the staff working REALLY hard to make sure you enjoyed it

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X