/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Which of these 2 accomplishments is more rare on the course?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which of these 2 accomplishments is more rare on the course?

This is tough. To me back to back pitch ins would seem to be more rare than an ace. I guess it comes down to the difficulty of each pitch in?

Comment

This is rare...friend got a hole in 1 on 12 at Wyndance then proceeded to get an 11 on the next hole.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
        This is rare...friend got a hole in 1 on 12 at Wyndance then proceeded to get an 11 on the next hole.
        Rare for the 11, but I'm sure most people blow up the next hole after an ace.

Comment

I can attest the rattle factor is high...I double bogeyed after mine!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
            the 11 is not rare LOL
            Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
            Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
            Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Hole in one for sure.....

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                the 11 is not rare LOL
                the 11 has eluded me thus far as has the ace
                I do have two 10's and two 12's in my dubious career.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
                  Only today. Was thinking I'm up early I'll go golfing, its 5* this morning with a stiff breeze. WTF was I thinking again.
                  teed off @ 9am today - same conditions and it wasn't bad at all on the hands. Windy all the way around. Not many nice days left for those of us who like to play in the morning
                  MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
                    teed off @ 9am today - same conditions and it wasn't bad at all on the hands. Windy all the way around. Not many nice days left for those of us who like to play in the morning
                    I'm game for cooler temps, its the wind that's a deal breaker. Even the dog didn;t want to stay outside for long today, and she loves it. Just not used to it yet.

Comment

Both were similar, short right of the green in the rough. Maybe 15 yards from the hole.

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
                      This is tough. To me back to back pitch ins would seem to be more rare than an ace. I guess it comes down to the difficulty of each pitch in?
                      Golf, eat, sleep, work and re-peat

Comment

Valley, Parkland, Forest... 36 Hole courses are too confusing. You are right on what you corrected.

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
                        No 6 on Valley is a par 4 and number 7 is a par 3. Valley has back to back par 5's followed by a par 3. They are holes 3 and 4.

The hole your brother had his HIO is number 7 on Forest. Tough putting hole, good thing he didn't have to putt.
                        Golf, eat, sleep, work and re-peat

Comment

My initial response is to say that the hole in one is more rare. With that said I have 3 hole in ones, but I can't remember ever chipping in on back to back holes.

It's typically not a good this because it usually means that you missed the green.

Comment

I'd say its pretty rare to have 2 hole outs and a hole in one in the same group at the same course.

Nice day.
                            Take it one shot at a time

Comment

Back to back hole out....Hmmm...What if they were for double and triple bogeys instead of eagle and birdie? Would that diminish the feat?

Comment

Definitely the hole in one.

I've chipped in multiple times in a round on a few occasions though I do not recall if I ever did it on back to back holes or not.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X