Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clublink Corner

Originally posted by jasonkl24 View Post
    muskoka111 where r u going to transfer too?
    Still thinking this over

Comment

Originally posted by muskoka111 View Post
      NO DOUBT

Blue Springs and National Pines were not even on the transfer list
      Those are on the list - states all gold level, no fee except for country club and station creek, those have a fee attached. Blue springs is an option as well, near the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Goalpost View Post
        Those are on the list - states all gold level, no fee except for country club and station creek, those have a fee attached. Blue springs is an option as well, near the bottom.

Guess I missed that

Comment

Originally posted by brettgolf View Post
          Members are upset because you have discount coupon play with people often paying in the $50-$75 range (there was someone on here the other day boasting about an $8.50 round including cart he and his friends booked...hopefully this was a 1 time error) with no commitment to the club, no minimums, no initiation fees, and virtually no tee time restrictions.
          He wasnt boasting. His friends cancelled and he was looking for someone to fill the spots. Most likely was a one off or a mistake although 5pm Sunday apparently after a tournament isnt a prime tee time. As I understand GN hot deals are times the course donates to GN as payment to have access to post tee times on thier site. Most importantly if your a paying member at a club listed on GN you're, well, making a mistake. Imo. Not cool on how the members are being treated though.
          Last edited by Jayhawker; Oct 6, 2015, 10:12 PM.
          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
            He wasnt boasting. His friends cancelled and he was looking for someone to fill the spots. Most likely was a one off or a mistake although 5pm Sunday apparently after a tournament isnt a prime tee time. As I understand GN hot deals are times the course donates to GN as payment to have access to post tee times on thier site. Most importantly if your a paying member at a club listed on GN you're, well, making a mistake. Imo. Not cool on how the members are being treated though.
            You're right, he wasn't boasting and was in fact just trying to do a good deed by not letting the times go to waste. I guess as a member just seeing and hearing that someone can play on a weekend (twilight or not) with a cart for the price of a sandwich is a bit disheartening when most members per round average cost is around $90.

Comment

You're right, he wasn't boasting and was in fact just trying to do a good deed by not letting the times go to waste. I guess as a member just seeing and hearing that someone can play on a weekend (twilight or not) with a cart for the price of a sandwich is a bit disheartening when most members per round average cost is around $90.
              I completely agree with you. If I was a member seeing my course listed on GN would have me upset but then seeing/hearing a public play go for that I would lose my mind.
              I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

I have some interesting figures to chew on regarding Bond Head. There are actually 453 members this year according to their numbers. They have also quadrupled daily fee rounds this year compared with last. 3475 last year vs. 13292 ytd not including outside tournament rounds. There were 30 reciprocal days (events) in June, July and August combined which means 1 out of every 3 days, you were not encouraged or not allowed to play your home club. They are on track for 45-48k+ rounds which will be up 50+% from last years 30,030. Not bad for being down net 16 members from 2014 if you are clublink. Although the super has done a nice job, the course conditions reflect the extra wear and tear from 50% more traffic, not to mention a lot of people playing who have little or no care of the course. I've personally seen 5 divots that were taken from greens this year in addition to a litany of other antics you don't see at a member club.

The focus has definitely moved towards more daily fee play and generating revenue at the sake of not upholding price integrity for the members. According to their numbers, BH members play an average of 48.3 rounds each and at $4505 for 2016 for just the golf and mandatory cart part of the dues (not including f&b, prize funds, HI1 insurance, or HST) you get a per round average of $93.27. Members are upset because you have discount coupon play with people often paying in the $50-$75 range (there was someone on here the other day boasting about an $8.50 round including cart he and his friends booked...hopefully this was a 1 time error) with no commitment to the club, no minimums, no initiation fees, and virtually no tee time restrictions.

I encourage all clublink members to read the below:

One thing I can not get over is that they are intentionally blocking non-home club members from booking tee times that have not been booked already. This is not just during peak times as all clubs do to protect home club members (usually 7am-11am on weekends), it is at all hours. To see for yourself go to linkline and see what is available during a certain time window, then go on golfnow and you will often see 10-15 times that are not available for clublink members to book (BH members can have it reversed through linkline after they put you on hold for a few minutes to change the restriction, but non-home club members can't have them changed). Members (home club or not) have essentially pre-paid the revenue, and now they are blocking your access to play in hopes they can generate more revenue through daily fee play. It is often easier to book on a discount booking site than at your home club. How is that for one membership, more golf and treating members fairly? I think a lot of clublink members can comment on having trouble booking at BH this year as a result of this. I have spoken to a few who have.

To me, other than non-peak times, home club, non-home club, and public play should, at the very least, have first come, first serve access to those times which is currently not the case. Many members do not even know there are additional times available if they only ever book online as communication from the club has been poor. I have addressed my concerns with head office and the DOO on many occasions dating back to May and although we have discussed the issues on several occasions, they have failed to provide clear communication on what types of member benefits they will uphold going forward. The email after last weeks meeting did not reassure me that my interests as a member will be looked after. As a result, the membership is understandably upset and many are considering changing clubs or leaving clublink. It is unfortunate as most members have a deep appreciation and love for the club.
                Sucks for those that joined expecting more. Have the membership numbers dropped off a lot? 453 seems really low for a 36 hole club.
                I think clubs around TO run more than that for 18 holes and 20000+ rounds.

Comment

Does anyone know how healthy the membership is at Greenhills in London? I'm thinking about joining and recently saw an ad for public play. Wondering if the club is struggling at all.

Welcome to LondonOntarioSports.com, London’s Trusted Source for Sports News & Information, and your No. 1 source for sports in Southwestern Ontario. Publisher & Editor Jeffrey Reed has covered the local sports scene since 1980, and has captured multiple national and international awards for excellence in sports journalism. Enjoy your stay! Latest News

Comment

First post, might be met with suspicion. Long time lurker, but I feel I have to speak up, and I hope to find out what members might be doing...

I will be interesting to see how many members actually leave. I've met many great people at bond head, and it would be a shame for the membership to change so drastically. I get the feeling that members were enticed to leave instead of working out major issues with public play. Obviously the non home course tee times issue is glaring, and some public golfers do not follow etiquette. However, if the book isn't closed on ways to make this work, there is surely a resolution that can work for members, public golfers and satisfy bean counters at club link. Losing the majority of your membership would be a disaster.

Comment

I left Bond Head 4 years ago, writing was on the wall a long time ago and am not surprised one bit. A shame really, loved the place but it was being overrun by outside play and tourneys who would beat the sh1t out of the course and not give a crap.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                        I left Bond Head 4 years ago, writing was on the wall a long time ago and am not surprised one bit. A shame really, loved the place but it was being overrun by outside play and tourneys who would beat the sh1t out of the course and not give a crap.
                        Do you still have access to the course or do you never play there anymore.

I love the courses but hate the BS and I want to leave but I hear if your not a member its hard to get a tee time

Comment

Originally posted by muskoka111 View Post
                          Do you still have access to the course or do you never play there anymore.

I love the courses but hate the BS and I want to leave but I hear if your not a member its hard to get a tee time
                          I left CL after that fiasco and will never go back. With the money I was spending, I opted for private and could not have been happier.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                            I left CL after that fiasco and will never go back. With the money I was spending, I opted for private and could not have been happier.
                            For the first time in 8 years I am seriously thinking about leaving CL.

Here is my struggle:

- I love the guys I golf with (getting 10-15 guys to change courses at once is tough)
                            - I love the events
                            - I love the layout and track at my home course
                            - I don't know where I would go (to a private in the west end)
                            -have looked at Burlington, Dundas, Beverly, etc and enjoy them but not sure I could play them every day

My biggest issue is conditioning. It has been poor (at best) and deteriorating each year over the past 4 years so I have no reason to believe it will improve given the super isn't going anywhere.

We (a large group of members) have gone to the Dir of Ops for the past few years to respectfully raise our issue. We have met and emailed with his boss from CL corporate and we have the feeling that they just don't care.

So I sit here a bit perplexed. I don't mind the $10K I pay each year for dues, events, F&B, etc but just expect more for it.

Will be noodling this over the next few weeks and making a decision...any feedback from folks who have struggled with leaving and either left or stayed would be helpful if you feel like sharing.
                            "Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by westender View Post
                              For the first time in 8 years I am seriously thinking about leaving CL.

Here is my struggle:

- I love the guys I golf with (getting 10-15 guys to change courses at once is tough)
                              - I love the events
                              - I love the layout and track at my home course
                              - I don't know where I would go (to a private in the west end)
                              -have looked at Burlington, Dundas, Beverly, etc and enjoy them but not sure I could play them every day

My biggest issue is conditioning. It has been poor (at best) and deteriorating each year over the past 4 years so I have no reason to believe it will improve given the super isn't going anywhere.

Will be noodling this over the next few weeks and making a decision...any feedback from folks who have struggled with leaving and either left or stayed would be helpful if you feel like sharing.
                              I left CL after the 2012 season; I was only there two years and a member at DB.

My decision was based on the following - made it pretty easy really.
                              • all my regular playing partners were leaving CL that year for various reasons; I had met them all through TGN, not the club (why? next point)
                              • I was well outside the general age range for membership there (32 at the time) so didn't fit in well with the normal weekend AM crowd who's lowest age without me was +/-45
                              • being downtown, none of the clublink courses are easily accessible during the week for an afterwork round or even range use - best I could hope for was to rush to RS
                              • the access to the tee on the weekend was too difficult if I wanted to grab a round in the afternoon - plus it'd be a 4.5-5 hour round at least
                              • lastly - I was starting to pursue my CFA charter, so I wouldn't be able to play much at all before early June

So I went public - first year with GTAGC - bad idea and worse now with more restrictions. These days I'm a public player with multiplay passes at a few courses north and west of the city. I do miss the familiarity of the club - DB staff and course were great as was conditioning. I also miss being able to show up as a single on the weekend and not wonder about whether my who I'm paired with will drive me nuts; I find CL players were more into golf, so less issues of slow play, etiquette, or just painfully awful play (not that I'm against beginners, just not at 830 on a Saturday on a tough full-length course).

I have looked at some private courses, but the value proposition doesn't work for me. In addition, unlike you, I don't have a group that might move to a single club. I don't mind the idea of playing just one club; my last year with CL, I played 60-70% of my rounds at DB.
                              In the bag:
                              R15 12° PXV 6.0
                              SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
                              Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
                              Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
                              Vokey SM5 54, 58
                              Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Heron Point member Westender?

Fantastic course. Layout is awesome, good test that can kick your *** and keep you coming back - but....with some tee decks that have been getting a little rougher and a little shaggier each years.... a number of thin or spotty greens, and bunkers that are almost always hardpan..... The range is in tough shape as well. You are right to expect more for your money.

I only got out there once this year hoping it wouldn't be more of the same, but it was. Good thing was I went in the afternoon so the round time was awesome. Front nine in under 1.5 hrs, caught up to someone on the back and played in 2.
                                Driver: Callaway BB Epic 13.5, Veylix Alpina 673S - WILDEYE!
                                16.5* 4W: Ping G25, Fujikura Pro Wood 63R
                                20* 3H: Callaway Apex, Accra CS1 HB-M4
                                4-A: Callaway Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5
                                Wedges: TM TP 54/60-ATV, DG Spinner Wedge
                                Putter: SC Sqaureback No. 1
                                Bench: Ping Anser UST VTS TourSPX Hybrid Silver 75R
                                RCGA Factor: 11.6 (75 up to....)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X