Collapse

The Oaks of St. George

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oaks of St. George

Haven't seen them on Underpar before.. I don't think. Anyways looks like a great deal:

Save at The Oaks of St. George Golf Club and other golf courses in Southwestern Ontario. The best Southern Ontario golf deals are underpar golf deals.

Re: The Oaks of St. George

I played this course about 10 years ago and found it to be a lot of fun to play. I don't know about current conditions but on the basis of my experience then I would totally recommend it.

Comment

They are having drainage issues, it was closed yesterday.

Good deal for this course though, I agree that it is a lot of fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by iyah View Post
        They are having drainage issues, it was closed yesterday.

Good deal for this course though, I agree that it is a lot of fun to play.

That was a lot of rain in this area yesterday so I suspect a lot of courses were closed (or very wet). Still, stick to playing here after some drier days.

Comment

Originally posted by copter View Post
          That was a lot of rain in this area yesterday so I suspect a lot of courses were closed (or very wet). Still, stick to playing here after some drier days.
          Correct. I know that Millcroft was closed, too, yesterday (Monday). That said, there have been email notices on a few of occasions this season of closures of Oaks due to inclement weather and pooling on the greens.

Been a few years since we played it - looking forward to getting back when the conditions permit. This is a good opportunity.

_______
          NQRfPT

Comment

Played today for the first time using the Underpar deal with a buddy of mine. We teed off at 8:20 on the tenth tee, which is a really tight hole to start with. After carding an eight, I settled down and played a bit better.

The course itself was in excellent shape, though they recently punched and sanded the greens. The starter and pro shop both mentioned that it would be relatively quiet due to the heat and greens, and they were right. We finished the first 18 by 11:40 and we're booked in for our second 18 at 11:57.

After a quick bite in the restaurant, which looked to have a decent menu, we teed off for our second 18 and we're done just after 3:00. I wouldn't expect a 3-hour round everyday, but overall the pace was nice and we saw the Marshall at least twice during each round checking in.

All in all it was an enjoyable day, with a very playable course that has some tight holes (6 & 10), very nice par 3 holes, and, other than the greens, was well conditioned. I'll definitely be going back.

Comment

Anyone play there THIS year (2015) yet?

Nice price this weekend

I like the course...and its proximity to Camp 31
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Did not play but popped into the pro shop. From there the course looked in good shape. The practice green had minute specks of dead and I mean the slightest trace. The pro shop told me they wintered pretty good. This was Friday.
                I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

I like the course...and its proximity to Camp 31
                  There you go again!

BTW Camp 31 is ranked on tripadvisor as #3 of the 30 restaurants in THAT Paris.

Enjoy Oaks but still been a while since I played it. As I recall it seemed to have an inordinate number of dog-legs to the left which wasn't easy for a righty like me with a natural fade (well, slice) that I was sporting at the time

_______
                  NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post
                    There you go again!

BTW Camp 31 is ranked on tripadvisor as #3 of the 30 restaurants in THAT Paris.
                    They only had 2 locations, the 1 in Alabama closed last year. (probably because they didn't have enough Big Shooters!!)
                    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                      They only had 2 locations, the 1 in Alabama closed last year. (probably because they didn't have enough Big Shooters!!)

I highly recommend the twisted club from the Cedar House in Paris.....trust me you will thank me!

Used to be a member at the Oaks. Fun course but I perfer playing the Paris Grand track for the money.

Hope this helps
                      Jamie

Comment

The Oaks of St. George is a great course when in good shape, fun to play.

Comment

I played there today using the Underpar deal. The course was in good shape and fun to play, as usual.

The only strange part was when I went to enter my score into the Golf Canada app, the course wasn't available. The Golf Canada site confirmed that Oaks isn't a member club anymore (it was last year), which is unfortunate.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                          X