Collapse

Testing results from Golf Town

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing results from Golf Town

About two weeks ago, I went back to Golf Town to find out my clubhead speed and why I was having trouble coming up short with my Adams Redline irons. They are regular graphite UST Mamiya Attas shafts. I got started on the testing...and after a few swings with the Super S stiff graphite hybrid irons, my tester suggested to not test the Redline irons. Instead it ended up that my regular steel A7 irons were a better fit for my clubhead speed. But as I am looking into the Super S hybrid irons...because my results showed that I needed either stiff graphite or stiff graphite steel combo hybrid irons. I maxed out at an average speed of 90 mph with my A12 OS 3 hybrid (85-95 mph). So now I am considering my options. I also carry the A12 OS 3 hybrid to gap wedge in regular graphite steel.

With those results in mind...I am looking at how to proceed. I am trying to figure out whether to part with the A12 OS set or the Redlines. I would still keep the 3 and 4 hybrids in the set because I am used to them. In terms of salability...the Redlines would be the better clubs to sell on eBay...but if I sold on Kijiji I have had more interest with the A12 OS set. I have also had a spammer contact me when I had the A12 OS set posted. So as I see it I have two options...get a set of Super S in the stiff either graphite or graphite steel combo...or replace the shafts on my regular graphite Redlines with either stiff UST graphite or stiff steel (they take the same steel shafts as the A12 OS irons in steel). Any thoughts? I am also looking to replace my wedges with the Super S graphite gap to lob wedge...that is for certain. Considering the cost of replacing shafts...how worthwhile is it to upgrade shafts versus just finding an upgrade in the Super S on eBay? I find asking prices for the Super S on Kijiji greatly inflated. Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: Testing results from Golf Town

There is a great member on here selling the super s irons for dirt cheap. They are right handed not sure if that works for you or not.

Check the BSt here, I noticed them just a few minutes ago.

What's in the Bag

DRIVER - M1
    FAIRWAY - M2 3HL
    HYBRIDS - R15
    IRONS -PSI
    WEDGES - EF
    PUTTER - BETTINARDI KUCHAR 1

Comment

Have you played with both sets? Which do you score best with? I've had very different clubhead speeds/ball speeds at different GT simulators.

Comment

Originally posted by Lob wedge View Post
        Have you played with both sets? Which do you score best with? I've had very different clubhead speeds/ball speeds at different GT simulators.
        Hi Lob wedge. I actually played the Redline irons for 18 holes I have a best of 95 at Wildwood this year...and a 99 at Holiday Park. And I played my A7s and I would have beat that score had I continued with the A7s. My best for 9 holes at a par 34 came with my A7s at 44...best with my Redlines was a 45...so still pretty close. But I did notice a difference in feel versus the steel and graphite. I am pretty bang on with my yardages playing the A7 regular steel irons and my confidence around the green is huge!

I did notice that my shots on some holes with the graphite shaft 5 iron were tailing off and I know I am capable of at least reaching the green on a 171 yard par 3 hole. Not sure if it had anything to do with my follow through though since I don't always complete it so that could have an affect on it! Also could have come with trying to swing the clubs too hard and not letting them do the work...not sure what happened there! Also noticed it tailing off on a longer par three hole at Wildwood. And yet at the start of the season the pitching wedge carried the green at the Holiday Park executive 115 yard par 3 hole. But it appears as the season wore on I was gaining more clubhead speed and limited to the distance. Maybe to play these irons better I would need to adjust my clubhead speed and let the club do the work...not sure there.
        Last edited by Adamsmeister; Sep 28, 2014, 02:34 PM. Reason: Correct this post

Comment

What are the different accessories are necessary during playing the Golf? I am confused about buying the right type of Golf belt?

Comment

It looks like I will be working starting next week..so I can get my shafts changed on the Redlines. See how that goes. Change them on the irons first and then the hybrids. Should be a fun season next year!

Comment

I doubt you will be able to detect any serious difference .

Comment

Originally posted by Lob wedge View Post
                I doubt you will be able to detect any serious difference .
                I'm thinking the same thing Lob wedge. Btw...in talking with Brad and Golf Town, I will be playing the 7 irons...I have come a long way in the past nearly two years after tearing tendons in both knees from serious fall on ice...I'm sure that over next summer I will be gaming the Redlines for sure! Brad says they have UST Mamiya shafts that would be a close fit in the hybrids...and the irons they have the True Temper shafts that would make the complete set stiff graphite/steel! And I won't play my Super Black Hybrid until I play the upgraded to the Super S!
                Last edited by Adamsmeister; Oct 11, 2014, 10:14 PM. Reason: Update information

Comment

The main difference between the two besides the shafts is the lower profile design of the Redline irons. They both offer good performance.

Here's a friendly tip. Lose the term "gaming". It is a silly, meaningless word used over at WRX to sound "cool". "Using" or "playing" is far more authentic.
                  In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                  Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                  TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                  TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                  PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                  TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                  Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                  TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X