Collapse

Great experience with Jeff Shuster Custom Tailored Performance

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great experience with Jeff Shuster Custom Tailored Performance

Had the wonderful experience of working with Jeff Shuster in reshafting some irons to improve my ball flight and get more feel and control. I want to start by saying Ive worked at Nevada Bobs when it was Nevada Bobs, Golftown on several different occasions, SportChek with Flightscope, as a tech rep for two companies doing indoor and outdoor fittings using trackman and flightscope and at a private club. Let me start by saying Jeff really knows his stuff. He is very knowledgeable and has awesome people skills. Its a huge element in the fitting process because having a diverse personality and being receptive is huge. He was able to meet me short notice in an area that worked for both of us and he exceeded my expectations. Since reshafting I have had two rounds in the low to mid 70's and the shafts feel and look awesome. He is well equipped to preform a variety of fittings and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or use him in the future

Re: Great experience with Jeff Shuster Custom Tailored Performance

Curious as to what iron shafts you moved out of and into ? Im looking to optimize my current shafts (DG S300) and/or replace them but want to stick with my AP2 heads.

Can you provide an overview of the process and cost for the session?

Comment

Def want to take a look at your launch angle and your spin numbers as well as the angle of decent in my opinion if you know your ball flight you can see if your ball is ballooning or chuting. With that said thats where numbers help. I wanted something a littleflatter so I went from lighter weight x shafts to soft stepped heavy x shafts. Feel is important too. Maybe Jeff and some of the other fitters can recommend some important considerations. I had good dispersion and my balls landed in similar patterns so a repetable swing doesnt hurt either

Comment

Hear hear. Been working with Jeff for a long time. Great technical knowledge and attention to details. I'm picky with my gear and he's got it all dialed in for me. Plays great & looks perfect.

Originally posted by crazyballa9999 View Post
        Had the wonderful experience of working with Jeff Shuster in reshafting some irons to improve my ball flight and get more feel and control. I want to start by saying Ive worked at Nevada Bobs when it was Nevada Bobs, Golftown on several different occasions, SportChek with Flightscope, as a tech rep for two companies doing indoor and outdoor fittings using trackman and flightscope and at a private club. Let me start by saying Jeff really knows his stuff. He is very knowledgeable and has awesome people skills. Its a huge element in the fitting process because having a diverse personality and being receptive is huge. He was able to meet me short notice in an area that worked for both of us and he exceeded my expectations. Since reshafting I have had two rounds in the low to mid 70's and the shafts feel and look awesome. He is well equipped to preform a variety of fittings and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him or use him in the future
        WITB:
        PING G410 Fujikura SIX TS
        TM M4 15* & 18* S+70
        818H1 23* Atmos Blue
        716 AP2 (5-PW) KBS Tour-V
        Vokey SM 50, 54 & 60
        SC Newport Mallet 1
        ProV1

Comment

I have a shallow attack angle that more often than not results in a fairly high draw as my typical ball flight. This seems to be a bit contrarian to what the DG S300's are known for regarding lower launch and trajectory (I know there are a lot of other variables that also come into play).
          Always been a feel player and is awesome with these shafts but not 100% sure they're optimized for my strike...sounds like it is worth the investment of time and $$ to know the science behind the feel.

Comment

Happy to hear you had a great experience with Jeff, Crazy!

I can only echo the wonderful sentiments in regards to all my dealings with Jeff!

I've been going to him for over 15 years and I will only trust Jeff with my gear! He's a great guy and always makes you feel comfortable and takes the time which is necessary to get the job done right. He is always happy to give me a more detailed explanation when asked or he can see I am just not fully understanding the results.

I've had everything fit from him, from driver to putter. Jeff truly is a master of his craft and his passion for improving my game keeps me coming back time and time again!

Never has Jeff pressured me to purchase anything he saw I wasn't thrilled about and will only make his recommendations/suggestions when the data/results match up and then let you decide. Tough to argue with the results when you see the performance difference right in front of you!

All of my experiences with Jeff have been eye opening, but most of all fun!

He's a great guy and phenomenal at what he does!

Jeff, thanks again for the lie/loft session last week! Played this weekend and iron play was SPOT ON!!!

Jeff, I'll give you a ring shortly! Wanna take a look at a new shaft for my 3W!

I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!
            In the Sac:
            • TaylorMade R7 TP 425 9.5° - OBAN Devotion 75-04 (Tipped 3/4")
            • Titleist 909F2 - 14.5° - Project X - TI X-8C4 - 6.0 (Tipped 1")
            • Nakashima NP-1 - 19° - Fujikura Speeder 904HB
            • Titleist 690CB 4-9; Z-MB PW - Project X 5.5 (SATIN)
            • Scratch Custom Shop - 52° (PDG); 60° (SFU) - PX 5.5 (SATIN)
            • Mizuno MP-T10 - 56° - Project X 5.5 (SATIN)
            • Scotty Cameron GoLo - 34"
            • Titliest Pro-V1x
            • IOmic X-Evolution White (Custom Rib)

Comment

Had jeff re shaft a set a few years ago, great guy imo.

Comment

awesome
                Originally posted by puttingfromtheruff View Post
                Happy to hear you had a great experience with Jeff, Crazy!

I can only echo the wonderful sentiments in regards to all my dealings with Jeff!

I've been going to him for over 15 years and I will only trust Jeff with my gear! He's a great guy and always makes you feel comfortable and takes the time which is necessary to get the job done right. He is always happy to give me a more detailed explanation when asked or he can see I am just not fully understanding the results.

I've had everything fit from him, from driver to putter. Jeff truly is a master of his craft and his passion for improving my game keeps me coming back time and time again!

Never has Jeff pressured me to purchase anything he saw I wasn't thrilled about and will only make his recommendations/suggestions when the data/results match up and then let you decide. Tough to argue with the results when you see the performance difference right in front of you!

All of my experiences with Jeff have been eye opening, but most of all fun!

He's a great guy and phenomenal at what he does!

Jeff, thanks again for the lie/loft session last week! Played this weekend and iron play was SPOT ON!!!

Jeff, I'll give you a ring shortly! Wanna take a look at a new shaft for my 3W!

I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X