Collapse

Stiff clubs causing golfer's elbow?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TLT Dan View Post
    Nice thing is that today's graphite does not have to be light or whippy. Lots of options.

What do you mean 'you went to fat shafts'?
    Wilson Deep Red II with the so-called fat shaft. Reduces vibration when hitting.

Comment

For a completely different perspective, I developed very bad golfer's elbow a few years back.

After month's of battling, it turned out the source of the elbow pain was pushing a clic gear. I stopped doing this, the pain went away.

From time to time I break out the clic gear, basically when I don't want to use the remote control buggy in a storm and the pain comes back.

Comment

I’ve been using Rifle 5.0’s for nearly 10 years because I always liked softer shafts in my irons and never had a problem. I went to a new set of irons with stiff steel shafts this year - admittedly I’ve also played the most golf I’ve played in the last 10 years - but I’ve developed horrible golfers elbow. I’m a lefty and it’s the inside of my left elbow...just a horrible burning pain.

I just dropped off my irons for reshaft with graphite’s today...Recoil 110g that I’ve previously tried and liked - - and hoping it helps once I’m able to golf again.

Comment

I found that the weight of shaft can be a major factor. I switched to a Nippon Zelos 7 shaft which is less than 80 grams. It comes in stiff flex and gives you a high launch. It’s a steel shaft. I found that heavier shafts made me try too hard on my downswing, causing me to overuse my right forearm ( and elbow).
          The other thing that’s helping me is an elbow brace made by Bauerfeind. It’s called Epitrain. It’s an elasticize sleeve brace with small pads that absorb the shock to the tendons on the inside and outside of your elbow. I used it going through a TXG fitting session where I hit balls for about 1 1/2 hours. It really works well.
          Hope this is helpful.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X