Collapse

High Handicap Iron Fitting

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Handicap Iron Fitting

Join our new community on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/tourexperiencegolfhttp://txg.ca – More awesome results for Sam this time with an iron fitting! We...

Love these videos but you have to find a way to shorten them.JMO

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
      Love these videos but you have to find a way to shorten them.JMO
      I actually am in the opposite camp. Can't get enough. Really like to see the process.

Comment

Originally posted by torrentman View Post

I actually am in the opposite camp. Can't get enough. Really like to see the process.
        Me too.
        In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
        Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
        Titleist 910 F2 19*
        Titleist 913H 24*
        Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
        Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
        Vokey SM6 58*
        SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

I too like the process. Never took to instant porridge.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

They definitely won't be getting any shorter! This one was about as short as we can do, fitting sessions are about an hour long so even with editing they're going to be around half an hour on average.

Comment

I was trying out a couple irons today at golftown here in Nova Scotia and I play graphite as I've had arm pain in past and graphite fixes it.
              they had a hard time to scrounge up any graphite to match the iron heads.
              So I ended up trying in steel. I normally even in regular flex graphite swing speed in the low 70's and about 145 yds 7 iron. My own iron was only showing barely 138- 140 on the monitor.
              The steel I had to try was regular flex true temper XP 100 in m3 and I was almost 80 mph?
              A couple at that speed and most in the high 70's.
              The Wilson c300 forged was again only in steel and in stiff not regular available and I was faster than my own which are matrix regular flex about 85 grams.
              The Wilson had good results but felt a bit harsh maybe the stiffness I dunno?
              I was 140 in my own Adams old game improvement.
              I was 154 in the c300 forged.
              I was 161 in the m3.

Why would I swing faster and get better results from the heavier steel?

If I want to stay in graphite what shaft and flex would I need? I don't swing that fast but my tempo is a bit abrupt quick.

By the way I looked up my Adams xtd cross cavity irons and they are 31 degrees 7 iron,
              the Wilson c300 forged are 33
              The m3 30.5 degrees. Considering the lofts the c300 forged held their own and weren't far behind the m3.
              The distance was also mostly carry little roll. The m3 had 12 yds roll.

Do I need to try a graphite that's heavier more like steel?
              Do you stay same flex example regular?
              I wish the Wilson felt a little less hard but then again it was stiff steel KBS tour 105. The ball speed was great and tightest dispersion.

Any advice?

I can't hit all the shafts I want because the golftown has not been given all the fitting shafts.

PS the worst and disappointing was the ap3 I hit briefly.
              So harsh and that was with a regular flex graphite. It was like rocks.
              Last edited by sharkhark; May 8, 2018, 06:58 PM.
              PING CAMO BAG...
              WEAPONS...
              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
              3W TM M2
              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
              5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
              3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhark View Post
                I was trying out a couple irons today at golftown here in Nova Scotia and I play graphite as I've had arm pain in past and graphite fixes it.
                they had a hard time to scrounge up any graphite to match the iron heads.
                So I ended up trying in steel. I normally even in regular flex graphite swing speed in the low 70's and about 145 yds 7 iron. My own iron was only showing barely 138- 140 on the monitor.
                The steel I had to try was regular flex true temper XP 100 in m3 and I was almost 80 mph?
                A couple at that speed and most in the high 70's.
                The Wilson c300 forged was again only in steel and in stiff not regular available and I was faster than my own which are matrix regular flex about 85 grams.
                The Wilson had good results but felt a bit harsh maybe the stiffness I dunno?
                I was 140 in my own Adams old game improvement.
                I was 154 in the c300 forged.
                I was 161 in the m3.

Why would I swing faster and get better results from the heavier steel?

If I want to stay in graphite what shaft and flex would I need? I don't swing that fast but my tempo is a bit abrupt quick.

By the way I looked up my Adams xtd cross cavity irons and they are 31 degrees 7 iron,
                the Wilson c300 forged are 33
                The m3 30.5 degrees. Considering the lofts the c300 forged held their own and weren't far behind the m3.
                The distance was also mostly carry little roll. The m3 had 12 yds roll.

Do I need to try a graphite that's heavier more like steel?
                Do you stay same flex example regular?
                I wish the Wilson felt a little less hard but then again it was stiff steel KBS tour 105. The ball speed was great and tightest dispersion.

Any advice?

I can't hit all the shafts I want because the golftown has not been given all the fitting shafts.

PS the worst and disappointing was the ap3 I hit briefly.
                So harsh and that was with a regular flex graphite. It was like rocks.
                Hey Shark,

Ignore the swing speed number at Golf Town, it only measures the ball speed and makes an assumption on the swing speed based on that. It's close, but it's not 100%. I could never get over about 101-102 at Golf Town and when I finally got a machine that measures head speed I'm actually 105-106. Which head gave you the best launch and spin (roughly 17-19* launch and 4800-5500 spin)? If the heavier weight of the steel works, you can always get pro soft inserts in them which dampen shock and attempt to minimize painful arthritis/tendinitis shock from chattery steel shaft impacts.

Most graphite in the 95+ gram range all has a similar scope, they launch mid-low, and have a slightly firmer feel. Accra's would be about the only ones that I have tried in the 100+ gram range that still fell smooth even at the heavy weights. However, you have to go to a certified club fitter to try those out.

Always remember this, weight is usually more important than flex...so don't get too bogged down if you happen to hit a 100g stiff shaft better than a shaft that is 80g in regular. It just means that the weight profile fits you a bit better. If you have any other questions, you know where to find me.

Comment

Thanks Chris I'll keep all your advice in mind. Appreciated
                  PING CAMO BAG...
                  WEAPONS...
                  SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                  3W TM M2
                  HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                  LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Good tip Chris ...
                    Pro-Soft inserts will dampen about 50% of the vibration in steel shafts.
                    Sensi-core was about 70% but it promoted internal shaft rusting, leading to eventual breakage.

Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                      Good tip Chris ...
                      Sensi-core was about 70% but it promoted internal shaft rusting, leading to eventual breakage.
                      Yeah I had some Dynamic Gold SL's with sensicores back around 8-10 years ago. They felt pretty good but I do remember pulling the grips and seeing a lot more rust than you normally see.

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                        Good tip Chris ...
                        Had a set with prosoft installed. Didn't take away the pain at all. Only graphite did. I'm not a believer in their product. I still have extra pro soft inserts I had left over and the install tool.
                        i tried.
                        PING CAMO BAG...
                        WEAPONS...
                        SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                        3W TM M2
                        HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                        LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

sharkhark, if you don't mind my asking out of curiosity, is your arm pain in both arms, is it shoulder or elbow or wrist, or all of them? Is it tendon, muscle or bone? The wife is an RMT. I'd like to throw it by her.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

​​​​I haven't tried any of the shaft inserts but -
                            I also have some pain in the top of my right forearm and right elbow ( forward arm, as I'm a lefty).
                            My shaft set is a set of stock r flex Ping in the i20's, does seem to help pain a bit, but also launch a little too high. The other set is a Nippon 950? that has a more controlled flight but does sting a bit more if I get steep in my swing.

What's the experts say on this (other than take more Tylenol lol)
                            ​​​​​​
                            Proud to be a LEFTY

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                              sharkhark, if you don't mind my asking out of curiosity, is your arm pain in both arms, is it shoulder or elbow or wrist, or all of them? Is it tendon, muscle or bone? The wife is an RMT. I'd like to throw it by her.
                              Hi sorry I just read this reply. Didn't mean to miss it.
                              my arm pain is in my right, I'm right handed.
                              It's in the forearm on the outside that they call tennis elbow. It's pretty sore constantly and weak in that area. A physio person said repetitive motion and impact and micro tears over and over to blame includes golf and to mention I own and make pretzels for a living.
                              Graphite greatly reduces it but doesn't kill it all.
                              Also had a shoulder dislocation left and surgery which is not 100 percent but can't help that.

The pro soft inserts did nothing.
                              PING CAMO BAG...
                              WEAPONS...
                              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
                              3W TM M2
                              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic

SW TM Milled Grind 56
                              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment