Complimentary TXG Fitting At Burlington May 11 to June 14

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post

Awesome, thanks!

Just to pick your brain a bit while you're here - how does the fitting work, roughly? Do I bring my own clubs for you to use as a baseline or do you start with a set you've got in house and tweak / adjust from there?
    You bring your own as a baseline. We spec them out, length, lie (irons only), loft, swing weight. We then have you hit your own club to get a good baseline. Then we will discuss some areas of improvement and how we can help you hit it much more to your potential. There's far too many variables to go into detail here, as it is completely dependent on the person what they may or may not need (and the GCQuad has a huge list of outputs). Each fitting is roughly an hour in length. If you are interested but don't get a chance to do the complimentary one I highly suggest you make an appointment. Worst case scenario, you pay $100 and be told your clubs are fine and it is some piece of mind for you going forward for the next few seasons. We also have a no-pressure approach, which is why the fee is not refunded or rolled into the price. We want to make sure that we are fitting you the best we can, regardless of what ends up being the end result.

Comment

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post
      Just to pick your brain a bit while you're here - how does the fitting work, roughly? Do I bring my own clubs for you to use as a baseline or do you start with a set you've got in house and tweak / adjust from there?
      If you like that kind of stuff go for it. You will have a lot of numbers, club speed, ball exit velocity, side speed, etc . . . You will get a lot of information, what you did with it is the difference. When Chris did mine . . . I told him the distance of most of my clubs and was pretty much exact . . . but I mention to him that basically the 6, 7 and 8 irons are about the same . . . after hitting a few, Chris said the lie angle basically all 3 clubs were the same. After a minor tweak we had the difference in distance that should had been there. From the 4 to Gap Wedge he had to adjust more of them . . . some more than others. Trust me, it is an eye opener if it is your first fitting.
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Thanks to Chris and TXG for the great opportunity. I had my fitting with Chris yesterday and was impressed with Chris’ fitting expertise and the TXG set up/technology.

Chris was very helpful in guiding me through the process and we quickly established a baseline using my current driver and shaft. I am happy with my driver head (G lst) but wanted to explore new shaft options. (Current shaft is GD Tour GP 7X)

We moved through a number of shaft options across bend profiles, weights and stiffness. All the while Chris showed me on the Foresight software how my swing and strike were impacting the performance. Chris is able to translate the data into the feeling that I had when I made the swing (good or bad).

In the end, the Accra Tour Z X 475 M5 was my best option that performed a bit better than my current shaft. The most important aspect of the fitting is the confidence I have with my current shaft (fairly optimized) and the new shaft recommendation.

I’d highly recommend Chris and TXG for a fitting.

Andrew

Comment

Big shout out to Chris, as well as Ian/Tracy, for extending this offer to TGN.

Had a great time working with Chris yesterday, and try as we might we couldn't really come up with anything that was demonstrably better than what I'm currently gaming. Just goes to show you these guys really are a no pressure approach, and care more about getting you in the right clubs for YOUR swing rather than simply making a sale.

For anyone on the west end, I would make Chris/TXG my first choice for a club fitting without a second thought.

Cheers,

Jay
          TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
          TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
          Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
          Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
          Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
          Vokey SM4 50/54/58
          Odyssey Toe-Up #1
          Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

One more rave review for Chris and TXG. Chris knows more about shafts and current tech than most will ever learn. He quickly cycled me through a few different combinations based on my current setup and found a combo that added 13 yards of carry and 20 yards total distance with lower dispersion. He also explained what the impact of different kickpoints and other shaft profile characteristics were having on my numbers.

I hope you enjoy the wine
            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
            TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by jaybudhwani View Post
              Big shout out to Chris, as well as Ian/Tracy, for extending this offer to TGN.

Had a great time working with Chris yesterday, and try as we might we couldn't really come up with anything that was demonstrably better than what I'm currently gaming. Just goes to show you these guys really are a no pressure approach, and care more about getting you in the right clubs for YOUR swing rather than simply making a sale.

For anyone on the west end, I would make Chris/TXG my first choice for a club fitting without a second thought.

Cheers,

Jay
              Same story for me. Great fitting experience (and tiring lol). Very generous of TXG/Chris to offer this promotional fitting and I hope that a bunch of us are are to throw some sales their way. Wishing Chris the best of success in his new position

Comment

Seriously, you guys are all too kind! jaybudhwani Sass you guys really had me sweating...but yeah, I'm glad your irons were such good fits for you.

DTGolfer I'm glad you liked the Accra. You seemed to be able to go at it a bit harder without the fear of losing it which is great. ace in the hazard I really do hope you get that M3/Tensei combo. The distance and accuracy pickup was insane! Such a good combo for you. I will definitely enjoy the wine, I've got a glass of it planned for tonight

Comment

This post is way overdue - I was one of the first to take advantage of this amazing offer from TXG. My only defense is that my head has been in a whir based on everything I learnt about my game and equipment. I already knew Chris from his past job at Golf Town Hamilton and knew him to be a straight up great guy who genuinely cares about how to add value to his clients' golf game. I was booked in for a long game fitting with Chris and boy did I ever have a wonderful experience. For those looking for a synopsis, I only have great things to say about TXG, Chris and everything about the fitting experience. If you have a chance, go down and see these guys - it is well worth the time and effort!

Now for the long version ...

After booking the fitting, Chris and I exchanged some emails prior to the actual fitting where I described my golf game and current equipment and what I was looking for. Chris was very responsive and before and during the session did a great job in considering those objectives during the fit. I have dabbled in more recent equipment but of late have reverted to my trusty 2008 Titleist AP1 irons and 2007 Taylormade burner. My other woods are Ping G 3, 5 and 4 hybrid. I have taken regular lessons with Shawn Clement over the years and 'feel' as if my scores should be better than what they are (who doesn't, right ?). My handicap is around 15-18.

I generally make good contact with the ball but struggle with low launch and low spin and also a two way miss. My swing speed is right on the cusp of regular / stiff shafts.

We started out with the irons and I established a baseline with my 6 iron carrying just over 160 and rolling out another 10 yards on the sim. Overall I was pretty happy with my path, launch, speed and efficiency. Unfortunately I just could not close my club face. This was to be a recurring theme throughout the session. Try as we might, unless I heavily manipulated my swing, my club face just would not close. As a result, I missed a lot of shots out to the right.

After that we went through a whole gamut of iron and shaft combinations but nothing really jumped out as beating out my current club. The ping G400 with the Accra shaft did carry about 10 yards longer but with a lower loft and without the complimentary increase in launch / spin to get a better land angle.

We then discussed options and I explained that all I was looking for was to improve my scores without letting ego get in the way about whether I am hitting 6 iron or 8 iron to 160. Chris then weakened the loft on the Apex CF 16 irons by 3 degrees and slightly adjusted the lie upright. That finally did the trick! The launch / spin immediately improved and I didn't seem to be losing (if anything slightly gaining) yardage. Unfortunately, I continued to struggle with closing the face although it was a little better. However, the feel and data with this combination was very compelling!

By this time I had hit a lot of shots (about 90-100) and was clearly flagging. I started out my driver baseline with my current driver at a swing speed of about 100 mph but very quickly went down to about 90. I clearly have a problem with launching too high (currently at 10.5 degrees) and with too much spin and my path is a little out to in (compared to my irons being in to out). The same face problem caused a few ugly shots to the right. Chris tried a variety of stock and up charge options with the Ping G400, Callaway Rogue SZ and Cobra F8 driver. However, I was not able to do them justice and in the end, we agreed that the Ping G400 SFT 9.5 with the Accra 250 m3 was probably going to be significantly better for me than my current gamer but I would be better served verifying it when I was fresh.

We then moved on to the woods. I started to get a second wind at the same time. We focused on my 22 degree hybrid at my request as I wanted to also get an idea about whether I should maybe even replace my 5 iron with a hybrid. I hit my hybrid pretty solid but then Chris handed me the Cobra F7 with the stock regular shaft and it was money! I hit the best shots of the entire session with that thing. Here's the thing though, I commented on how much better I was feeling the head with the Cobra compared to my existing Ping and Chris explained that it was because the swing weight on it was much higher than my current club. A light bulb went off for me at that point, and after a couple more swings with the Cobra and feeling the head, I switched back to my existing Ping and proceeded to hit it just as well! All of my clubs are currently around D0 swingweight (based on the measurements Chris took in the session). Chris suggested that I might benefit from having a heavier swingweight for my clubs and recommended trying clubs at D3 using some lead tape.

By this time, we were about 3 hours deep in the session and I was both wiped and blown away by what I had learnt about my game. We also discussed all the options available to me to get the equipment suggested during the session and at no time was I even remotely pressed to buy it from TXG. In fact, it was I who actually pressed the issue to make sure I was fully aware of all the options available from TXG. I profusely thanked Chris for his time and also commented on how his enthusiasm was unwavering throughout what must have been a very trying session for him given all the issues and questions I had presented him.

Since then, I have decided to experiment a little with my current setup based on what I learnt at my session with Chris (weaken iron loft, change lie angle slightly upright and increase swing weight). I can report that at least the swing weight option has been mind blowing. I played my second round of the year last weekend and experimented by adjusting only my 6 iron swing weight to about D3 using lead tape (just added 5 grams). Immediately, I started feeling the head better in my practice swings and on the course, hit about 3 of the flushest 6 irons I have hit in a long long time. They were high and long! To top it off, none of them went right! I am now going to adjust all of clubs for this and see how it goes for about a month. I will then decide based on performance whether I should go ahead and buy the new equipment or continue to use my dinosaurs

To conclude, I had a hugely educational and enjoyable session with Chris. He is going to be an amazing addition to the TXG team! I am so grateful to him, Ian, Tracey and all of the TXG team for this fantastic experience and the knowledge I gained from this session. I also felt guilty at getting such tremendous value out of a free session so I feel the very least I can do is praise them (all 100% true) on this forum and confirm that I will definitely be back to TXG as a repeat customer (and this time a paying one)!!

Comment

Originally posted by torrentman View Post
                    This post is way overdue - I was one of the first to take advantage of this amazing offer from TXG. My only defense is that my head has been in a whir based on everything I learnt about my game and equipment. I already knew Chris from his past job at Golf Town Hamilton and knew him to be a straight up great guy who genuinely cares about how to add value to his clients' golf game. I was booked in for a long game fitting with Chris and boy did I ever have a wonderful experience. For those looking for a synopsis, I only have great things to say about TXG, Chris and everything about the fitting experience. If you have a chance, go down and see these guys - it is well worth the time and effort!

Now for the long version ...

After booking the fitting, Chris and I exchanged some emails prior to the actual fitting where I described my golf game and current equipment and what I was looking for. Chris was very responsive and before and during the session did a great job in considering those objectives during the fit. I have dabbled in more recent equipment but of late have reverted to my trusty 2008 Titleist AP1 irons and 2007 Taylormade burner. My other woods are Ping G 3, 5 and 4 hybrid. I have taken regular lessons with Shawn Clement over the years and 'feel' as if my scores should be better than what they are (who doesn't, right ?). My handicap is around 15-18.

I generally make good contact with the ball but struggle with low launch and low spin and also a two way miss. My swing speed is right on the cusp of regular / stiff shafts.

We started out with the irons and I established a baseline with my 6 iron carrying just over 160 and rolling out another 10 yards on the sim. Overall I was pretty happy with my path, launch, speed and efficiency. Unfortunately I just could not close my club face. This was to be a recurring theme throughout the session. Try as we might, unless I heavily manipulated my swing, my club face just would not close. As a result, I missed a lot of shots out to the right.

After that we went through a whole gamut of iron and shaft combinations but nothing really jumped out as beating out my current club. The ping G400 with the Accra shaft did carry about 10 yards longer but with a lower loft and without the complimentary increase in launch / spin to get a better land angle.

We then discussed options and I explained that all I was looking for was to improve my scores without letting ego get in the way about whether I am hitting 6 iron or 8 iron to 160. Chris then weakened the loft on the Apex CF 16 irons by 3 degrees and slightly adjusted the lie upright. That finally did the trick! The launch / spin immediately improved and I didn't seem to be losing (if anything slightly gaining) yardage. Unfortunately, I continued to struggle with closing the face although it was a little better. However, the feel and data with this combination was very compelling!

By this time I had hit a lot of shots (about 90-100) and was clearly flagging. I started out my driver baseline with my current driver at a swing speed of about 100 mph but very quickly went down to about 90. I clearly have a problem with launching too high (currently at 10.5 degrees) and with too much spin and my path is a little out to in (compared to my irons being in to out). The same face problem caused a few ugly shots to the right. Chris tried a variety of stock and up charge options with the Ping G400, Callaway Rogue SZ and Cobra F8 driver. However, I was not able to do them justice and in the end, we agreed that the Ping G400 SFT 9.5 with the Accra 250 m3 was probably going to be significantly better for me than my current gamer but I would be better served verifying it when I was fresh.

We then moved on to the woods. I started to get a second wind at the same time. We focused on my 22 degree hybrid at my request as I wanted to also get an idea about whether I should maybe even replace my 5 iron with a hybrid. I hit my hybrid pretty solid but then Chris handed me the Cobra F7 with the stock regular shaft and it was money! I hit the best shots of the entire session with that thing. Here's the thing though, I commented on how much better I was feeling the head with the Cobra compared to my existing Ping and Chris explained that it was because the swing weight on it was much higher than my current club. A light bulb went off for me at that point, and after a couple more swings with the Cobra and feeling the head, I switched back to my existing Ping and proceeded to hit it just as well! All of my clubs are currently around D0 swingweight (based on the measurements Chris took in the session). Chris suggested that I might benefit from having a heavier swingweight for my clubs and recommended trying clubs at D3 using some lead tape.

By this time, we were about 3 hours deep in the session and I was both wiped and blown away by what I had learnt about my game. We also discussed all the options available to me to get the equipment suggested during the session and at no time was I even remotely pressed to buy it from TXG. In fact, it was I who actually pressed the issue to make sure I was fully aware of all the options available from TXG. I profusely thanked Chris for his time and also commented on how his enthusiasm was unwavering throughout what must have been a very trying session for him given all the issues and questions I had presented him.

Since then, I have decided to experiment a little with my current setup based on what I learnt at my session with Chris (weaken iron loft, change lie angle slightly upright and increase swing weight). I can report that at least the swing weight option has been mind blowing. I played my second round of the year last weekend and experimented by adjusting only my 6 iron swing weight to about D3 using lead tape (just added 5 grams). Immediately, I started feeling the head better in my practice swings and on the course, hit about 3 of the flushest 6 irons I have hit in a long long time. They were high and long! To top it off, none of them went right! I am now going to adjust all of clubs for this and see how it goes for about a month. I will then decide based on performance whether I should go ahead and buy the new equipment or continue to use my dinosaurs

To conclude, I had a hugely educational and enjoyable session with Chris. He is going to be an amazing addition to the TXG team! I am so grateful to him, Ian, Tracey and all of the TXG team for this fantastic experience and the knowledge I gained from this session. I also felt guilty at getting such tremendous value out of a free session so I feel the very least I can do is praise them (all 100% true) on this forum and confirm that I will definitely be back to TXG as a repeat customer (and this time a paying one)!!
                    Hey Faraz. I'm glad you had a great time...it's nice to see the heavier swing weight worked outside!

Comment

sounds like a great offer, but has anyone bought anything, or was it all just do the free fitting? If so, what are guys getting!
                      Last edited by raptorslover; May 24, 2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Stoked & a little apprehensive about my session with Chris this Saturday.....trying to be open-minded.....
                        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                          Stoked & a little apprehensive about my session with Chris this Saturday.....trying to be open-minded.....
                          Why apprehensive? Because you have concerns about club fitting or something more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by torrentman View Post

Why apprehensive? Because you have concerns about club fitting or something more specific?
                            Never done anything like this before....but I am looking forward to the info
                            Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Hope you have a blast! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Comment

Just don't ask too many questions. Phatchrisrules might yell at you
                                What's in the bag?
                                TM M2
                                Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
                                PING Sigma G Putter
                                Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays