Collapse

TXG vs. GolfTec

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXG vs. GolfTec

Just wanted everyone's thoughts on this - what do you guys think? Any recommendations from comparison stories?

Is this a teaching or clubfitting question?
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
      Is this a teaching or clubfitting question?
      Club fitting and teaching I guess, a bit of both.

Comment

off-shelf will do to learn first , makes for a much better fitting session later.
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
          off-shelf will do to learn first , makes for a much better fitting session later.
          So would you suggest going to GolfTec first for the learning component? And how are they with respect to learning and teaching etc?

Comment

Golftech? never heard of them till your mention. Thought you were seeing Maltby?no?
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Golftec have the best indoor teaching "facility" for full swing shots.

All Golftec instructors teach a well thought out common swing model.

Ian at TXG is an expert club builder. If I was going to pay to be fitted he would be my man. Their youtube channel is a testament to his expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                Golftech? never heard of them till your mention. Thought you were seeing Maltby?no?
                Maltby is at GolfTec

Comment

OK,didn't see him listed as being part of their coaching team on their site, so why I asked.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalMachine View Post
                    Just wanted everyone's thoughts on this - what do you guys think? Any recommendations from comparison stories?
                    I think we spoke on the phone yesterday. Sorry I couldn't talk much as I was in a fitting. As I explained, TXG can be as in-depth a fitting as you want. I've fit guys that want every bit of detail explained in relation to their swing, and I've done fits on semi-beginners where each swing looks different than the last and they just want to hit the ball reasonably straight and don't care what the numbers look like and leave it up to me to figure it out. While I have never stepped foot in one, GolfTec is primarily a lessons-first approach with a bit of fitting involved (think of it being kind of like a Golf Town, they have fitting carts like GT does, but they don't carry everything), while TXG is fitting first; that is all we do. While we do partner with some local swing coaches, they rent the booths from us, so it is up to you to go ahead and seek them out. I really think LarryCheung would be a good guy to talk to...I haven't seen a single one of his students struggle at all. He is a super fun, energetic guy, that just wants to see his students improve. There is a long list of people on this forum, and customers of TXG that will attest to that statement.

Comment

Glad to answer any questions about the Golftec Fitting VS TXG or Modern. We run with fully stocked fitting carts with the OEM options and have aftermarket options from Accra, True Temper, and Oban (at Mississauga Meadowvale). We may not have every shaft to offer but have plenty of options that suit the needs of a lot of golfers. When it comes down to a fitting at one of our locations we are all PGA of Canada Class A Professionals trained on our fitting system to offer the best solution for each individual fitting.

Glad to chat with anyone about it.

Kyle Gordon
                      GOLFTEC Mississauga

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X