Collapse

Adjusting my M3 Driver

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting my M3 Driver

I recently did a fitting for a M3 Driver.

Looking for some input on adjustability. My typical shot is a slight fade, 280 plus, but my miss gets me in trouble, doesn't happen often 1-2 a round maybe, but when it does, high slice to the right... way right.

Typically swing for me is:
    Steep
    115 plus club head speed

I am going to take the club to the range and play around with some setting, but thought i might start here and try and get some input.

How would you best recommend setting up this drive, both weights and loft to help with this miss?

Thanks,

With how the fitter had it setup.

I play mine with one weight forward other max fade. I fight a hook.

Comment

If you're missing as far right as you say, tinkering with the weights likely won't have much, if any impact.

Are you intentionally playing a slight fade or is it just your natural ball flight?

Have you isolated what is causing your big misses?

Comment

Try adjusting the head 1 notch in the higher setting on the loft sleeve .Will close the face a touch.

Comment

Won't twist-face greatly exaggerate something like an in-to-out path, with face slightly open, yielding a massive block fade/slice ?
          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
          Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
          Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            Won't twist-face greatly exaggerate something like an in-to-out path, with face slightly open, yielding a massive block fade/slice ?
            Yes. I've seen it many times.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

it was overkill.
              had the twistface compensated for off -center contact as effectively as they claimed there should have been no need to complicate that feature with the Y sole weights.
              The point of the Twistface was to mitigate a high toe-strike when the industry as a whole set the lie on the drivers to more upright which played mayhem with the players who habitualy came OTT or came close the shanking when the swung too much from the inside in the hope of hitting their fabled "draw".
              TM was in fact introducing a variable bulge/roll across the face with the Twistface.

Cobra introduced a simpler and effective elipsoid face in their S3 drivers that was continued with their Fly-Z series, and it worked
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I was a hater but i can't deny the results. Best driver ive ever owned. SLDR long but way more forgiving.

You are right if you come from the inside and leave face open and hit a toe shot its going right of right...but lets be honest. Even with regular bulge and roll thats still going to be a terrible shot. Because if youre doing that its a poor swing to begin with...i should know as its my big miss...but if you get properly fit it won't happen nearly as often...my normal miss is a push draw that overcooks and the twist face and weights made a massive difference.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X