Collapse

International clubmaker's Guild

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International clubmaker's Guild

Just arrived in Michigan for the ICG great lakes chapter meeting. I'll meet with a number of local professional clubmaker's to educate them on my True length Technology fitting system and all the benefits associated with TLT and the advantages of fitting to the math model.

Round of golf Saturday and 2 presentations on Sunday
    Regards
    Dan

True Length Technology TM
    Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
    True Frequency Technology TM
    - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
    - Master
    Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
    - Advanced / Professional
    Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
    - Class 'A'

Great to hear, and hope the weather cooperates for your rounds.
    Let us know of any new trends that your fellow club-builders might me seeing.
    I'm curious if more people asking for non-standard builds such as TLT, SL, partial SL, etc

~ Andy
    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Had a great day at the course with a few of the members. Shot a great round at a nice course. The meeting is here on Sunday and these guys tell me they were here to learn about TLT and the benefits that come naturally to my Award winning fitting system.

The length and lie angle of your golf clubs are 2 primary factors in establishing correct directional control of the golf ball.

FYI - Currently I have a minimum of 5 - Golf Digest - 'Top 100 Club fitters' and at least 8 'Clubmaker's of the year' with the ICG and AGCP that build to my methodologies. Pretty proud of this, as science starts to be a forerunner rather than the random fitting and building methods used by so many builders these days.

If you are a Clubmaker - or even a student of Clubmaking and Clubfitting you should be looking at being a Registered TLT Club fitter to learn the science behind these processes that have been developed for the good of golfers.

https://danscustomgolfshop.com/tlt-c...xcel-programs/

If you are a golfer looking to improve your address (stop crouching with wedges as a tall player - or choking up as a shorter player) and looking to improve your directional control (which comes from your address), you need to consider a TLT fitting. I do not deliver instant results. Like I say to all my players - you need to re-learn what you consider to be your athletic address position - and understand that you only have one. This takes time as you have been compensating for years with your 'fit' clubs. Stop crouch and playing clubs that are built to club specifications and start playing to clubs that are built to your personal athletic address specifications.

Look at your own foursome and the difference in your address as a group. How can you all be playing clubs that are eccentrically the same lie and length?

Appointments are required but please send me a message if you are interested in developing a singular athletic address position - one that can be used for every club in your bag.

With pretty much a 100% satisfactory statistic I know I can help. Science has its place, and golf is no different. Let me show you how something so simple as a consistent athletic address position will change your game.

World class Clubmakers have given me their support, so why would you (a golfer looking to have more fun and an all round better game) not consider what a TLT fitting will do for you. I will make you more consistent with superior directional control and the ability to develop a consistent swing and swing plane.

If you are a TLT player, supporter or builder please post a short message for the TGN's community to help TLT gain the momentum it deserves. How has it helped you as an athlete, a golfer or even as a Registered TLT Clubmaker.
      Last edited by TLT Dan; Oct 6, 2018, 10:08 PM.
      Regards
      Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
      - Class 'A'

Comment

Registered 3 more professional clubmakers after the meeting as True Length Technology builders and fitters. They understood completely how a singular address position for every club has to be an advantage.

I did 2 fittings as a demo. One 6'2 with a 40" WTF and the other 5'7 with a 35 WTF. The tall player we got him standing so much more upright and he could see the advantages immediately

The shorter player loved how the long irons all of a sudden no longer felt too long.

So both these builders are now redoing their own set to take advantage of the TLT math model.

One address, one swing, variable length clubs. TLT
        Regards
        Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
        - Class 'A'

Comment

Dan I remember a 2017 thread re your attempt at fitting yourself with a Stirling one length set, and subsequently field testing it modded to the TLT concept.
          What was the final outcome of that?
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
            Dan I remember a 2017 thread re your attempt at fitting yourself with a Stirling one length set, and subsequently field testing it modded to the TLT concept.
            What was the final outcome of that?
            Yes I tried a set of Sterlings built to just under 37" but I really did struggle with standing over a short 'long' iron. I just could not get it to feel right to my eye. I always felt like I had to overswing the SL long irons - which we all know is NOT what you are suppose to do. As a long time TLT players it just felt too unnatural - for me personally. I continue to have great success fitting and building for players who are seeking SL.

So yes, I converted my set to a reduced length TLT set - with only 1" total range from the long club to the short club. This certainly did help to my minds eye and did feel more comfortable. I had the opportunity to sell that set in a short time frame so they have moved on to a new owner. I do believe that he is having great success with them.

I had a second player who was playing a set of sterlings SL - who struggled with the same concerns as myself. So a small retrofit turned his set into a 1" range and he too was extremely happy.

Personally I like my TLT set of Alpha's that I am currently playing. I have perhaps 2" of length differential from the longest to the shortest - so still allows me my singular athletic address position. SL has its place - it's just not for everyone - but as the owner and developer of TLT I really cannot see myself playing anything but.

TLT and SL still allow the player to stand athletically correct for every club and swing each club with great consistency - I just like a bit of the length tradition as it does sit better to my eye.
            Regards
            Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
            - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by TLT Dan View Post
              I have perhaps 2" of length differential from the longest to the shortest
              so still allows me my singular athletic address position.
              5-Iron to Lob Wedge will typically have a 2" length differential when the Pw, Gw, Sw, Lw are all built to the identical length as the 9-iron.
              Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
              Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
              Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TLT Dan View Post

TLT and SL still allow the player to stand athletically correct for every club and swing each club with great consistency - I just like a bit of the length tradition as it does sit better to my eye.
                So I conclude you are not an advocate of gripping down on a club when the situation calls for it?

Comment

Dan's TLT has garnered some heavyweight recognition and endorsement(Wishon) as an effective means of minimizing the largest variable in a player's set, namely the player.
                  By keeping the player in a optimal stance he is in accord with the thoughts of George Knudson who famously said,
                  "do nothing at the expense of Balance".

keeping your most lofted irons and wedges at the same flex and length is basically another means of adhering to a consistent same stance and a feel.

It's hard to swim upstream, and I think his TLT has provenn itself to be remarkably effective.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Tintin View Post

So I conclude you are not an advocate of gripping down on a club when the situation calls for it?

We are golfers so you do whatever you have to do to execute the shot. I play from a constant address with a consistent swing plane for all clubs when playing them as full shots. As you move into any shot that requires touch ... then you set yourself however you have to to make the ball advance as intended.

Around the green i could be down 4"
                    Regards
                    Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                    - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      Dan's TLT has garnered some heavyweight recognition and endorsement(Wishon) as an effective means of minimizing the largest variable in a player's set, namely the player.
                      By keeping the player in a optimal stance he is in accord with the thoughts of George Knudson who famously said,
                      "do nothing at the expense of Balance".

keeping your most lofted irons and wedges at the same flex and length is basically another means of adhering to a consistent same stance and a feel.

It's hard to swim upstream, and I think his TLT has provenn itself to be remarkably effective.
                      This is well written. Thank you. Consistency is what i drive for with all my players
                      Regards
                      Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                      - Class 'A'

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                        5-Iron to Lob Wedge will typically have a 2" length differential when the Pw, Gw, Sw, Lw are all built to the identical length as the 9-iron.
                        Correct Harry. Perhaps the difference is that i don't have the wedges the same as my 9 and I play a 5 - SW near 2"

My lengths are all dialed in relative to my lie angles for superior directional control.

This is why i got invited to the ICG conference as the relationship of length and lie is misunderstood by many. By educating some of the top builders and fitters they advance in their trade and do wonders for their customers game. The response from the group was amazing.
                        Regards
                        Dan

- Developer / Owner

- Master
                        - Class 'A'

Comment

my only question and i mean no disrespect as i use TLT. But isnt there a lot of new research showing lie angles should be dynamically fit.

I agree with the length part of the math model and i agree the notion of std .5* lie changes are incorrect with OEMs.

I agree its a good start however u see many individuals now with lie angle variances that sometimes go .75* from 1 club then 1* next club. And others without much change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                            my only question and i mean no disrespect as i use TLT. But isnt there a lot of new research showing lie angles should be dynamically fit.

I agree with the length part of the math model and i agree the notion of std .5* lie changes are incorrect with OEMs.

I agree its a good start however u see many individuals now with lie angle variances that sometimes go .75* from 1 club then 1* next club. And others without much change.
                            dynamic lie -it's been a fitting option since the time of John Jacobs. The ball flight, and most importantly its direction is what determines the optimum lie angle for that particular club in the hands of that particular player.(google John Jacobs)
                            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I agree and understand...and Dan does do a dynamic fit by making you swing his demo clubs from various series...however its a std constant deviation between clubs. So each club is not dynamically fit was all i was getting at.

I still love the TLT concept and have taken the parts ive liked vs the parts i dont and adapted it.

I do go 1* lie angles between clubs from a 59* 4i to a 64* 9i. However dans model had me at a 65* wedge at just over 36". It performed pretty good full swing but had a tendency to pull everything even short game. I now use a 36" wedge pw to lw but keep my lie angle at 64*.

Also my 3i is only 58.5* vs 58*. Partially from dynamically adjjusting it. 58 was too flat.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X