Collapse

My Fitting at TXG Burlington w/Chris

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    MattM97 ...the Ping Tour 65S is a solid shaft....paired with a Ping 410 head....I assume that's a great combo....so I'm thinking if you can't hit that driver....as you said...lesson are in order.

I'll be interested in an update on the new 3W, hybrid and putter when you play some REAL golf and see if the upgrades were worth it.

For me....I can hit great shots off a mat...but the results don't always replicate on REAL grass and golf.
    Oh I know but figured why not test and try out, when I originally tested the Tensei Orange was looking real good but the Tour 65 was more consistent so went with that.

As for the lesson part I know I have to do them, I'm only 3.5 years back into the game after a decade plus hiatus focusing on another sport at a very serious level, I was planning to take some lessons this year but COVID happened, I still do and probably will once i get all my gear in, just need cash flow to resume. I do want to get better in this game so will do what I need to improve.

I hate hitting off mats, the ones at fitting studios are at least way better than cheap range mats that kill your hands and mark your clubs. Will probably take a few rounds or range sessions to get a feel for them, also maybe find a course where I know i'll play those 2 clubs often.
    Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
    3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
    3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
    Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
    Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
    Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
    TP5X 2024
    Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
      Great updates, thanks for sharing.
      Cool that your FW shaft ended up being a $cheap NV 2KXV and not some pricey exotic -> shows that it was all about the best fit and not a boutique price-point.
      Thanks the reason I like writing about this is because people always ask what a fitting is like, who to go to, etc. I wish I could do different fittings at different places with different people and see what I end up with but I don't have that kinda cash. Plus i think where my handicap is at right now progressing will hopefully show what a fitting can do.

As for the shaft yeah it's on the "cheaper" side but it's not really a bad shaft at all, I actually believe this is what Jon Rahm has in his woods so it's not a bad shaft at all if the current #2 in the world is using it. But that's more why I want to share this, just to show you can fit into a $75 shaft or a $475 shaft and for some that $75 can be the best thing ever and the $475 shaft can lead to topped shots left and right example was that VA Slay shaft, heard amazing things but an awful shaft for me based on results. No hate to VA, it's just how shafts go.
      TP5X 2024
      Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post

I don't mind, I have my WITB in my signature so that can be looked up. But keep in mind I didn't buy everything at once this was spread out over 2 years. Also note a few things like my hybrid and wedges I bought used/discounted/demo/etc so prices may seem low.

Driver - Ping G410 Plus Tour 65S - $700 I bought this right when it came out and I think first to order one from TXG.
        3W - Ping G410 LST ($300) - Aldila 2KXV Green 75X ($175) - $475
        Hybrid - Ping G410 ($180) - Tensei Orange Pro - ($240) - $420
        Irons - Srixon 585/785 w/ AMT White Tour - $1300 - Srixon has a huge stock shaft offering.
        Wedges - I paid about $75 a wedge on average so $225 for 3 wedge
        Putter - I have several but say $350 have some that cost more and some that cost less.

Total: $3470 that doesn't include tax so closer to $4000

Kinda expensive now that I look at it but I know this bag is fit for me and I don't see myself changing much. Obviously wedges will rotate when they wear out and I do like my putters but I usually buy and sell/trade. I also did this over 3 years so not too bad and honestly I could do a lot more damage in other hobbies in less time.
        Thank you sir!

Comment

I had a driver fitting with Chris a couple years ago and the G400 LST with NV Green 2KXV Regular was great fit me too, though the Accra Tour Z was a spin killer for my somewhat spinny swing. I ended up buying both shafts used, but neither ended up as long term keepers.

What works in the fitting booth, based on the swing one brings that day, may not be reliable in the long run on the course. That's why we have a BST -> buy, try, sell, rinse, repeat

It's still good to have a professional fitter's eyes as they've seen a million swings and can distill quickly some options that will give results. I have credit on account at TXG and looking forward to get back ( most likely in the fall ) for another driver fitting, and also a putter fitting.

Keep us posted with how the new sticks perform in the real world .
          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
          Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            I had a driver fitting with Chris a couple years ago and the G400 LST with NV Green 2KXV Regular was great fit me too, though the Accra Tour Z was a spin killer for my somewhat spinny swing. I ended up buying both shafts used, but neither ended up as long term keepers.

What works in the fitting booth, based on the swing one brings that day, may not be reliable in the long run on the course. That's why we have a BST -> buy, try, sell, rinse, repeat

It's still good to have a professional fitter's eyes as they've seen a million swings and can distill quickly some options that will give results. I have credit on account at TXG and looking forward to get back ( most likely in the fall ) for another driver fitting, and also a putter fitting.

Keep us posted with how the new sticks perform in the real world .
            Oh I get that for sure but so far everything has been working great that I've been fit for and if it hasn't that's totally my fault with my swing. I'm sure once I get better things will work even better.

Once I get everything I will update with how it went, these 2 clubs were a huge gap in my bag and now can become a very strong strength if I hit them well.
            TP5X 2024
            Ghost Katana

Comment

My new Mizuno 919 Hot Metals arrived today, custom fit and ordered by my son Chris, of TXG fame. I won't get to try them until Friday. They look fabulous! The specs are below.
              In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
              Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
              TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
              TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
              PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
              TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
              Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
              TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                My new Mizuno 919 Hot Metals arrived today, custom fit and ordered by my son Chris, of TXG fame. I won't get to try them until Friday. They look fabulous! The specs are below.
                Nice I remember trying those. Well he's fit pretty much everything in my bag so if/when I get to single digit handicap or scratch I think I might have to buy him a beer or two.
                TP5X 2024
                Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post

Nice I remember trying those. Well he's fit pretty much everything in my bag so if/when I get to single digit handicap or scratch I think I might have to buy him a beer or two.
                  Maybe a smoothie as Chris does not drink alcohol.
                  In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                  Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                  TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                  TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                  PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                  TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                  Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                  TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Maybe a smoothie as Chris does not drink alcohol.
                    That works too.
                    TP5X 2024
                    Ghost Katana

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews