No announcement yet.
Collapse

TXG vs Modern Golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is, be realistic with your expectations and know what to look for. Both facilities are amazing, just beware that what you see on the screen might not necessarily reflect real world performance. Maybe guys only get up on here to talk about the positives, but I seem to be one of the few that didn't really benefit from the fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post

I think they are going to try to do some shorter videos. As for a RH player, I doubt that will happen. Matt is entrenched now as a part of TXG. Most of the options are available both hands anyway so the information is transferable.
      I personally think a visual learner, like many are, would benefit from a left handed coach as his swing would be the mirror from your caddie perspective
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I think they are going to try to do some shorter videos. As for a RH player, I doubt that will happen. Matt is entrenched now as a part of TXG. Most of the options are available both hands anyway so the information is transferable.
        Transferable to some degree, but definitely not relatable to everyone. I consider myself to be a decent player, but never could I sit behind a left handed golfer and visualize a shot shape or the strike as my brain just can't relate to it. So if there is an area where I feel TXG falls short, it's right here. I also believe they'd benefit more from having a right handed player testing equipment as you'll connect with a larger audience. Like it or not, there are far more right handed players than there are left...

Comment

Originally posted by the shanks View Post

That does sound odd. I've used the online booking system for practice sessions in the past with no problems and have always called directly to book fittings, each time being very quick.
          No worries. Chris was kind enough to reach out to me via this forum.
          Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
          Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
          Irons : PING G20 4-PW
          Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
          Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
          Ball : TaylorMade Penta

Comment

I love the txg videos and information. That said... I echo belly.
            a right hander and someone more representative of real world averages would be more enjoyable.
            I've loved watching Matt up until recently. At this point watching 300 yard carries for drives and 215 yard 7 irons is not even remotely fun to watch anymore.
            I guess it helps them demonstrate differences as with that ball speed you'll see bigger results than a slow swinger.
            PING CAMO BAG...
            WEAPONS...
            SRIXON ZX5 10.5
            3W TM M2
            HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
            5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
            LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
            3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by newballcoach View Post

They have had some videos with other testers. Not so much the righty/lefty thing but Matt and Ian have admitted in the videos that somebody who can reach 180 ball speed and swing 120+mph is not exactly an example of an average fitting in their studio.

IMO, their best videos are the mid-handicapper ones, with Sam from last year or the other guy they just hired (Mike maybe) from earlier this year. They really show the difference you can make in accuracy and dispersion even at normal human clubhead speeds.
              I agree with all you said
              PING CAMO BAG...
              WEAPONS...
              SRIXON ZX5 10.5
              3W TM M2
              HYB 19 deg Callaway Epic
              5-aw Callaway Epic Forged

SW TM Milled Grind 56
              LW TM MILLED GRIND 60

PUTTER Rotation TM Spider Tour, Scotty np2 ,
              3 ball Fang, RIFE TOUR

Comment

Originally posted by michaelcolacci View Post
                All I can say is, be realistic with your expectations and know what to look for. Both facilities are amazing, just beware that what you see on the screen might not necessarily reflect real world performance. Maybe guys only get up on here to talk about the positives, but I seem to be one of the few that didn't really benefit from the fitting.
                I can not speak to TXG, but I did a driver fitting at Modern Golf in November of 2016 (god it was really that long ago). They were awesome, fitter was wonderful and really taught me a lot and helped me out. The one big difference is that (at that time anyway) Modern Golf was using Trackman and TXG uses GC Quad. You can google the differences between the two different launch monitors, but there are differences between the two.

One is that they will each measure swing speed differently, even the same swing and that trackman is considered better outdoors than indoors. Maybe that changes the numbers a bit, maybe it doesn't. Regardless, both organizations are class and they build your clubs exactly to your specs, not something that can be guaranteed at many other places.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.poker View Post

No worries. Chris was kind enough to reach out to me via this forum.
                  Great to hear
                  In the Ogio Grom on the Red Clicgear 3.0:
                  Driver: Ping G LS Tec - Tour 65X
                  Fairway: Ping G - Tour 80X
                  Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR TP - Matrix hm3 95-X
                  Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged - DGX100
                  Wedges: Vokey SM5 50.08 F grind, 54.10 S grind & 58.11 K grind - DGS400
                  Putter: Piretti CU

Comment

There's actually a few places that do this. High end boutiques have personal shoppers that tell you what to buy. A mechanic tells you what to buy. A good tailor tells you what to buy and will make the adjustments necessary. All of these have built in fees to get this done, whether it be labour costs, or what have you. What about consulting work? That is very common place now. Others view it as a worthwhile expense, if you are going to have your clubs for close to a decade as you do, some view the 10% cost (more accurate if you were doing your whole bag) as well worth it. They don't have to change clubs every year wondering if combo y is better than combo x from the year before.

Some like the thrill of the hunt and have an allergic reaction to paying full price for anything or getting anyone's input. They would rather go through a maddening whirlwhind of clubs until they find one just right. Others think they know what works for them and stick to that path, whether it is perceived or accurate.

Golfers "let" it happen and a lot of people will happily pay for gaining insight into how they can hit the ball better. Others won't and that's their concern. If you still think buying a used club, getting a hand-me-down or hitting a club into a screen at GT or SportChek is worth it, then all the power to you. Others have realized there are better ways to go about it and prefer that method. Most fitting studios understand this and use that to their advantage. Look at True Spec, Club Champion, Cool Clubs, and Hot Stix, they have dozens of locations across the U.S. and are expanding internationally. Golfers didn't let "it happen" it was a much needed process.
                    Well said my friend! Why buy off the rack when you can get a custom suit for half the price..OR why buy and try multiple drivers when you can get custom fitted for half the price (<--this includes all the rounds you wasted "testing" your new club) and HEADACHE!

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

Transferable to some degree, but definitely not relatable to everyone. I consider myself to be a decent player, but never could I sit behind a left handed golfer and visualize a shot shape or the strike as my brain just can't relate to it. So if there is an area where I feel TXG falls short, it's right here. I also believe they'd benefit more from having a right handed player testing equipment as you'll connect with a larger audience. Like it or not, there are far more right handed players than there are left...
                      Just point your computer at a mirror and watch it through there. Problem solved.

Comment

TXG all day. I’d travel only an extra 30 minutes for a better experience, 100000%.

Comment

I've had many fitting from a lot of the major fitters and the results are basically the same. My one takeaway from being fit indoors is that you never hit a fat shot from a mat and for all it's worth can never replace an outdoor fitting. A driver is ok but to actually see the flight is something you cannot achieve on any machine.JMHO

Comment

I've been to both and both are first class. As michaelcolacci has said be realistic. If you are shooting 100s you will still be shooting 100s and lessons would be way more beneficial. What I didn't like is swing weight was not fitted for at either locations and when I got my driver it was D6, and someone who feels swing weight i could not hit a club what's so ever. As soon as i put a lighter weight in and brought the swing weight down it was a huge difference. Club fitting is a new industry and everyone is jumping in on the hype while it lasts. It's more of a fun experience if you have a consistent delivery then it can definitely help, but most people can't which makes this entire industry kind of funny.

Comment

Originally posted by goudok View Post
                              I've been to both and both are first class. As michaelcolacci has said be realistic. If you are shooting 100s you will still be shooting 100s and lessons would be way more beneficial. What I didn't like is swing weight was not fitted for at either locations and when I got my driver it was D6, and someone who feels swing weight i could not hit a club what's so ever. As soon as i put a lighter weight in and brought the swing weight down it was a huge difference. Club fitting is a new industry and everyone is jumping in on the hype while it lasts. It's more of a fun experience if you have a consistent delivery then it can definitely help, but most people can't which makes this entire industry kind of funny.
                              apart of the inconsistent delivery CAN be on the club.

i got fitted for my driver recently and already, off the deck, my drives are much straighter (and longer). I rarely hit my miss and I’ve hit many more fareways. My miss was generally a lost ball, losing many strokes and keeping balls out of play and setting myself up for a disaster 2nd and 3rd shot.

Cause of this, I’ve shaved a few stokes off my game. That said, I agree that a fitting can only do so much, but I think you’re underestimating how much impact a fitting actually has, regardless of your skill level

Comment

Originally posted by ginrin View Post
                                I've had many fitting from a lot of the major fitters and the results are basically the same. My one takeaway from being fit indoors is that you never hit a fat shot from a mat and for all it's worth can never replace an outdoor fitting. A driver is ok but to actually see the flight is something you cannot achieve on any machine.JMHO
                                Provided you like being fit with driving range balls.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X