/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Fitting newbie - Irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting newbie - Irons

Hello fellow TGNers, was looking to get the community to help me out.

I'm starting to shop for new set of irons. I've also been reading up here on fitting.

My handicap is 19. I've been playing with a set that is about 10 years old. I play about 20-30 rounds a year
    And looking to get more consistency from long irons and distance overall (well I want it all, but you know).

I have saved up a few golftown gift cards, so most likely may buy from there. Here are the options on my head that would love feedback if anyone has been in the same situation and any suggestions (most likely looking at TXG but open)

1) buy irons from GT; then take them to fitting for adjustment

2) go hit with my current set at fitter to get stats and my needs; and then buy the irons. In this scenario would the fitter give me my assessment of what I need?

3) from option #2; would GT adjust the irons for me or should I bring back to the fitter?

Feel free to chime in.

My True Length Technology fitting system will do more for your game regardless if it is a correction to your existing set or a new build.

Buying new clubs then retrofitting them seems like it might be the expensive route. Plus a retrofit does not reap all the benefits of a new build. With new from my shop your shafts will go through my True Frequency Technology sort program which will sort shafts by profile - not just butt frequencies. Shaft alignment is a key to improved feel as well.

I have a great selection of heads and shafts and with my TLT length and lie combo you will be athletic for every club.

appointments are required
    Regards
    Dan

Dan's Custom Golf Shop - Sponsor
    True Length Technology TM
    Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
    True Frequency Technology TM
    - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
    - Master
    Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
    - Advanced / Professional
    Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
    - Class 'A'

Phone : 905-263-8510
    Hampton, ON
    Appointment only
    Web site www.truelengthtechnology.com
    E-mail: danscustomgolfshop@hotmail.com

Comment

I would think a GT fitting would be fine and keep it all in one place. As a fellow med-high handicapper the fitting should be pretty easy as its only going to be a small selection of GI or SGI irons. With GT's trade in event I would be going over their now, plus you may be able to find some older models that work well for you so save a few bucks.

As far as I know places like TXG and modern golf (although fantastic places) only fit you in current models.

Comment

Imo, unless you are looking to be perfectly fit for $2500+, go to golftown. Go at a quiet time and within an hour you will find whats right fod you.

Comment

I was in your exact position last September. I say get fit at TXG.

A few tips:

1) watch TXGs video about getting the most out of your fitting. Very helpful

2) Know your budget and tell them. Also tell them if you plan on buying at golf town so that they donít fit you into products unavailable at GT or outside of your budget.

Itís all about transparency and doing your homework. Give them the tools to fit you and they will deliver big time.

I was fit fit into Srixon irons with modus 105 shafts (which come with it) and they are fantastic.

Originally posted by Lph4life View Post
          Hello fellow TGNers, was looking to get the community to help me out.

I'm starting to shop for new set of irons. I've also been reading up here on fitting.

My handicap is 19. I've been playing with a set that is about 10 years old. I play about 20-30 rounds a year
          And looking to get more consistency from long irons and distance overall (well I want it all, but you know).

I have saved up a few golftown gift cards, so most likely may buy from there. Here are the options on my head that would love feedback if anyone has been in the same situation and any suggestions (most likely looking at TXG but open)

1) buy irons from GT; then take them to fitting for adjustment

2) go hit with my current set at fitter to get stats and my needs; and then buy the irons. In this scenario would the fitter give me my assessment of what I need?

3) from option #2; would GT adjust the irons for me or should I bring back to the fitter?

Feel free to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAdam View Post
            I would think a GT fitting would be fine and keep it all in one place. As a fellow med-high handicapper the fitting should be pretty easy as its only going to be a small selection of GI or SGI irons. With GT's trade in event I would be going over their now, plus you may be able to find some older models that work well for you so save a few bucks.

As far as I know places like TXG and modern golf (although fantastic places) only fit you in current models.
            Technically true, yes. We also frequently do loft and lie fittings to make sure you have the proper gapping and lie angles. Further, we do commonly retro-fit sets not bought from us with new shafts that fit the player better as well. On occasion we do have older sets sitting around that we can sell. For instance, we still have some left handed Steelhead irons, 2016 Apex Pro, and an M4 set that would be a bit cheaper than any 2019 offerings currently available and we could custom fit Lph4life to their perfect shaft.
            Fitter at Tour Experience Golf (T | X | G). Take your game to the next level at the world's ultimate golf club fitting studio.

See what we do/schedule a fitting here: https://txg.ca/

Get exclusive, members only content and prizes here:
            https://www.patreon.com/tourexperiencegolf

Watch the newest YouTube videos here:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDd...TZ9HuEnkGdPkCQ

T | X | G Merchandise and Galvin Green apparel:
            https://txg.ca/store/

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 180,037   Posts: 1,886,294   Members: 48,513   Active Members: 488
            Welcome to our newest member, teehighletitfly.
            Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
            X