Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TXG Iron Fitting Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXG Iron Fitting Today

Phatchrisrules Had my iron fitting with today. Learned a lot and had a great time. Hit a ton of heads and combos. Real patient and easy to work with guy.

Few things I learned relevant to my swing. Iíve never been fit before. Iím gaming some old fatshafts.

Club head speed mid to high 90ís, ballspeed 130 ish, apex is good, spin is good. I come in a bit shallow, thinner soled clubs worked best for me. 180-190 carry.

I was a bit disappointed in myself, I was off today. Hit some really well, hit a few too many not so well.
    I donít know if I was just too excited, but had a great time and got through way more clubs then I imagined. Well worth the price of admission.

Now, Iím getting new sticks regardless, so I decided to make the best of it!

I went with what I hit best, what I liked the profile of, and what felt the best on flushes and mishits combined.

Some notes.

Apex was the longest/hottest, felt good

Hot Metal Pro, great ballspeed wasnít crazy on feel (Iíve hit this before had same impression)

AP3 good feel, hit it decent

P790 hit great in the past, but not today

P760 hit a better, felt good, looks great

Z-785 hit it without knowing what club it was for 3-4 balls. Surprisingly easy to hit vs. some things Iíve read. Looks incredible address.

We were pretty settled on Z-785, it was the tightest and stats were good, then Chris mentioned heíd like to combo the lower irons and maybe we go Z-785 in 8+.

Hit the Z-585 and hit it even better. Decided a bit extra forgiveness is a good idea and we scrapped the combo idea. Bit more offset may have helped me.

Ended up with Srixion Z-585 / DG120 100x

Overall, I loved the process. Wedges are next.

That's good to hear. I too did not have my best striking day when I was fitted at TXG last month, it is definitely disheartening. The experience of the fit made up for it, as getting to try all the combinations of shafts/heads is something that you don't get to do very often.

Congrats on the the new Srixons
    WITB

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD
    Callaway Epic 3 & 5
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58
    Xenon Handmade Stealth CS
    Xenon Handmade Torched CS
    Lajosi TF3 Torched CS
    Anton Handmade BOS Weld CS
    Black Lab Notchback Oil Can Prototype CS
    Slighter Prototype Notchback CS
    Mannkrafted WB Rattler XL Notchback Prototype CS

Comment

Funny how both of your comments about ball striking hit a nerve with me ,I allways thought you need to be healthy and focused when getting fit.I would not want to blame the fitter if my irons didn't work out the way they should.congratulations on the new clubs boys.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
        Funny how both of your comments about ball striking hit a nerve with me ,I allways thought you need to be healthy and focused when getting fit.I would not want to blame the fitter if my irons didn't work out the way they should.congratulations on the new clubs boys.
        Was healhy and focussed. Sometimes things just donít go as you draw them up...

Iím happy with my choice and Iím sure they will work out just fine knowing my own capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaCal View Post

Was healhy and focussed. Sometimes things just donít go as you draw them up...

Iím happy with my choice and Iím sure they will work out just fine knowing my own capabilities.
          I hear you ,I know now I can hit decent and it's just for fun at this stage in life .

Comment

I have been procrastinating on a loft/lie adjustment

Comment

Originally posted by FoamHead View Post
              I have been procrastinating on a loft/lie adjustment
              Why? It is only $50 well spent, less than a dozen decent golf balls.
              King Cobra F8+ 10.5*,Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R
              Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 S
              Ping G400 Hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta CB R
              Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
              Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, CFS Wedge Flex
              Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth, Alta CB 70 R
              Ping Zing 2 TR 34"
              Tour Velvet Midsize Grips

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

I love those DG120 X100s, such an improvement in feel over the old X100s
                Rip it and Sip it

Comment

Glad you enjoyed your time, Cal! I think you are really going to enjoy those Srixons. The ball speed and accuracy pickup was insane.
                  Rogue Sub Zero 9* - Accra TZ5 55 Prototype
                  Rogue Sub Zero 13.5* - Diamana Thump 75
                  Rogue Sub Zero 18* - Diamana Thump 85
                  Ping G700 4i - Diamana Thump 90
                  New Level 1031 Black Satin 5-PW - DG105 Black Onyx
                  Ping Glide Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - DG105 Black Onyx
                  Bettinardi "Gotta Sting" Prototype - Stability

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post
                    Glad you enjoyed your time, Cal! I think you are really going to enjoy those Srixons. The ball speed and accuracy pickup was insane.
                    You know he will,I would love to own a set of srixon.

Comment

Originally posted by storm View Post
                      I love those DG120 X100s, such an improvement in feel over the old X100s
                      It was that or Modus 130. And the Modus 130 was just a bit much for me by the end of the session.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post
                        Thanks again Chris. See you in a few weeks to collect!

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaCal View Post
                          Phatchrisrules Had my iron fitting with today. Learned a lot and had a great time. Hit a ton of heads and combos. Real patient and easy to work with guy.

Few things I learned relevant to my swing. Iíve never been fit before. Iím gaming some old fatshafts.

Club head speed mid to high 90ís, ballspeed 130 ish, apex is good, spin is good. I come in a bit shallow, thinner soled clubs worked best for me. 180-190 carry.

I was a bit disappointed in myself, I was off today. Hit some really well, hit a few too many not so well.
                          I donít know if I was just too excited, but had a great time and got through way more clubs then I imagined. Well worth the price of admission.

Now, Iím getting new sticks regardless, so I decided to make the best of it!

I went with what I hit best, what I liked the profile of, and what felt the best on flushes and mishits combined.

Some notes.

Apex was the longest/hottest, felt good

Hot Metal Pro, great ballspeed wasnít crazy on feel (Iíve hit this before had same impression)

AP3 good feel, hit it decent

P790 hit great in the past, but not today

P760 hit a better, felt good, looks great

Z-785 hit it without knowing what club it was for 3-4 balls. Surprisingly easy to hit vs. some things Iíve read. Looks incredible address.

We were pretty settled on Z-785, it was the tightest and stats were good, then Chris mentioned heíd like to combo the lower irons and maybe we go Z-785 in 8+.

Hit the Z-585 and hit it even better. Decided a bit extra forgiveness is a good idea and we scrapped the combo idea. Bit more offset may have helped me.

Ended up with Srixion Z-585 / DG120 100x

Overall, I loved the process. Wedges are next.

Not to steal your thread but had fitting with Chris Saturday. Same as you, did not strike well , but Chris was great and very informative. Found out many things of swing and ball flight. Chris knows his stuff. Been very inconsistent with driver. His first suggestion was the best . I could swing freely and the results were amazing. Looking forward to my new bag !!

Comment

That Srixon combo set is almost like cheating, they're so nice and easy to hit. I ended up with that as well during my fitting and they're screaming to get on the course.
                            In The Bag

Driver: Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S
                            Wood: Cobra King F7 - Tensei Blue 65 - S Flex - 15.5 Draw
                            Irons: Srixon Z585/785 - AMT Tour White S300
                            Wedges:
                            - Callaway Mack Daddy 3 - 52 Degree - 10 Bounce
                            - Cleveland 588 Tour Artist - 56 Degree - 10 Bounce
                            - Ping Glide - 60 Degree - SS Sole (10 bounce)
                            Putter: Edel E-3
                            Ball: Vice Pro+ and Various others.
                            Bag: Ping Pioneer

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 167,483   Posts: 1,754,395   Members: 46,107   Active Members: 276
                            Welcome to our newest member, Gmoneymenz.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                            X