Collapse

Golftown and the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golftown and the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer

I went to the Golftown on Laird at the end of May to demo some Mizuno irons. I've got a pretty good idea what shafts work for me, but wanted to see what the shaft optimizer would recommend. When I asked about it the first two GT employees had no clue what I was talking about. The third guy thought it was in the back but hadn't been set up yet. Asked him to please check with the manager, he came back and said it would be ready in a couple of weeks (middle of June). So I headed back the third week of June and the same story. I asked if it was an issue with Mizuno not providing proper support and was told no, it was an issue with GT head office. I went back for a third time today, another three weeks on, and they are still wandering around with no clear answer regarding if, or when they are ever going to have the shaft optimizer functioning.

Has anyone found any other GT that has the shaft optimizer working? I have no clue what is happening at the Laird store, or if its a company issue. I've been going there for a long time but don't recognize any of the new employees. Nobody has any answers and the go-to excuse seems to be to dump on head office. Don't have the feeling that anyone is interested in doing anything more complicated than selling a stock set. I also find it hard to believe that Mizuno is providing a fitting tool like the shaft optimizer and then not going into the stores to see if it has been set up and is being properly used. I'm assuming Mizuno has a rep who covers the Ontario market.
    Last edited by BigTut; Jul 11, 2019, 04:05 PM.

This sounds like "out of sight, out of mind" for the staff at GT

Shoot GT Head Office or Mizuno an e-mail if you really want to get the ball rolling!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Don't worry. Your experience isn't unique. I asked about the shaft on the Epic Flash and was told to go online to find out more, and the guy promptly walked away. Customer engagement at Gofltown is at an all-time low.

Comment

If you are having service related issues with GT or Mizuno,why not contact GT's head office or contact Mizuno's Canadian Customer Service? By going back to the same store multiple time with the expectation of change is kind of like the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over the same way and expecting a different result.
          I am quite sure that both companies would appreciate the feedback as both are in a competitive market and have invested heavily is what appears to be failed service. And, while GT may have service issues at times, they still have many very talented and service oriented people who go above and beyond regularly to make things happen.
          No good deed goes unpunished.
          A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
            This sounds like "out of sight, out of mind" for the staff at GT

Shoot GT Head Office or Mizuno an e-mail if you really want to get the ball rolling!
            I sent Mizuno an email, never received an answer.
            westbeach I had the same experience, young blonde woman who is fairly new. On two separate occasions I spoke with her, she went off to get an answer or find something, never came back and then 10 minutes later is see her across the store "helping" another customer.

I've known the Laird manager Matt since his days at Dynamic golf, he's smart and helpful, but I never see him on the floor any more and all the experienced sales people are gone. They now have the apparel manager also patrolling the sims and setting customers up with demo clubs during off peak times. It looks like they've also got whoever is available on the floor gripping and doing other minor club work, no dedicated repair person.

Probably a waste of time contacting head office. They'll keep bumbling along until the next financial crisis hits and they are back looking for the next strategic or financial investor.
            Last edited by BigTut; Jul 12, 2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Why not reach out to Mizuno and set up a fit? I would assume GT would charge you the $50 fitting fee to use the optimizer would they not? I have my doubts they would set this up for all the customers looking at purchasing a set of Mizuno's. Plus you should get better knowledge from fitters who know the specifics on all their club specs.
              Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

Mizuno product is great but they basically host no demo days across the GTA. I asked at my clublink course about it and they only did on at Wyndance (because I believe they sponsor the pro there)

you would think a company coming off 3 major wins and a sweep of the mygolfspy awards would get some sale people going in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                  Didn't watch the entire vid...but it had some good info.
                  That little Mizuno Optimizer has a lot of info...I tried it at GT and it gave me shaft info of what I thought might result.

Chris Voshall has my ideal job.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTut View Post
                    I went to the Golftown on Laird at the end of May to demo some Mizuno irons. I've got a pretty good idea what shafts work for me, but wanted to see what the shaft optimizer would recommend. When I asked about it the first two GT employees had no clue what I was talking about. The third guy thought it was in the back but hadn't been set up yet. Asked him to please check with the manager, he came back and said it would be ready in a couple of weeks (middle of June). So I headed back the third week of June and the same story. I asked if it was an issue with Mizuno not providing proper support and was told no, it was an issue with GT head office. I went back for a third time today, another three weeks on, and they are still wandering around with no clear answer regarding if, or when they are ever going to have the shaft optimizer functioning.

Has anyone found any other GT that has the shaft optimizer working? I have no clue what is happening at the Laird store, or if its a company issue. I've been going there for a long time but don't recognize any of the new employees. Nobody has any answers and the go-to excuse seems to be to dump on head office. Don't have the feeling that anyone is interested in doing anything more complicated than selling a stock set. I also find it hard to believe that Mizuno is providing a fitting tool like the shaft optimizer and then not going into the stores to see if it has been set up and is being properly used. I'm assuming Mizuno has a rep who covers the Ontario market.
                    the Ontario rep is Chris Caldwell and his lead fitter now works at Modern Golf in Miss, his name is Matt Lariviere and he's an absolute rock star fitter. Give him a call and he'll take care of you
                    Last edited by The Yard; Jul 12, 2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tphilp View Post
                      Mizuno product is great but they basically host no demo days across the GTA. I asked at my clublink course about it and they only did on at Wyndance (because I believe they sponsor the pro there)

you would think a company coming off 3 major wins and a sweep of the mygolfspy awards would get some sale people going in Canada.
                      Not true. They had a Demo day with McMahon Golf at the Markham Dome a couple months back. And they've got the shaft optimizer there.

Comment

Yeah I think my point is there limited not that they don’t exist.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X