Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Taylormade Custom Fitting Experience

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone with Taylormade Custom Fitting Experience

    I am a 40 year old HIGH handicapper who just returned to the game after nearly 20 years and been playing 2-5 rounds a week since restarting in early 2019. My equipment is all pretty old (TM 200 irons, R540 Driver, and Dunlop Walmart fairway woods). I've been increasing my swing speed etc. and when I go and try friend's irons/woods I find them so much easier & better to hit with. My wife booked me a full BAG fitting with TM at Glen Abbey for Oct 17th for $250 + 50% OFF. Does anyone have any opinion on why I should wait for TXG or go ahead with TM at Glen Abbey? I've been waiting for TXG to open in Mississauga but I'm getting the news that there is another delay.



  • #2
    If you enjoy TM equipment theres nothing wrong with their process. Its excellent. The only downside is its not brand agnostic.

    Ive been fit at both TXG and TM at their Performance Lab in Vaughan. Both do the exact same job. Obv TM is much more specific however.
    Driver------TM M6 (9) Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X 45.25"
    3W---------TM M3 (16) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 43.25"
    5W---------TM M3 (19) Fujikura Atmos Red Tour Spec 7X 42.25"
    3i-----------TM TP UDI (20.5) Dynamic Gold X100
    Irons-------Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) Modus 3 125X
    Wedges---TM Milled Grind Modus 3 125X (48) & TM Hi-Toe (54)(60) Modus 3 125 Wedge
    Putter------TM Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Pistol GTR

    Comment


    • #3
      I had a TM fitting and I really enjoyed it. Go, you will like it. My fitting was in Georgia . . . but same process in Toronto.
      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you’re genuinely interested in the fitting and purchasing after go to modern golf. They’re a site sponsor as well as have a promotion that the fitting fee is waived with the purchase of clubs. I took advantage with their iron fitting this past weekend and would highly recommend.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by VIBiNVO View Post
          I am a 40 year old HIGH handicapper who just returned to the game after nearly 20 years and been playing 2-5 rounds a week since restarting in early 2019. My equipment is all pretty old (TM 200 irons, R540 Driver, and Dunlop Walmart fairway woods). I've been increasing my swing speed etc. and when I go and try friend's irons/woods I find them so much easier & better to hit with. My wife booked me a full BAG fitting with TM at Glen Abbey for Oct 17th for $250 + 50% OFF. Does anyone have any opinion on why I should wait for TXG or go ahead with TM at Glen Abbey? I've been waiting for TXG to open in Mississauga but I'm getting the news that there is another delay.

          As others have said, we are brand agnostic while Taylormade is going to fit you strictly to Taylormade product. We do have a wide variety of very forgiving clubs from most brands, including Mizuno, Miura, Callaway, Ping, Epon, PXG, and Titleist, just to name a few. I promise it will be worth the wait until we open, but we understand if you would like to get the fitting done sooner rather than later. The delays are unfortunate and we do apologize.
          Fitter at Tour Experience Golf (T | X | G). Take your game to the next level at the world's ultimate golf club fitting studio.

          See what we do/schedule a fitting here: https://txg.ca/

          Get exclusive, members only content and prizes here:
          https://www.patreon.com/tourexperiencegolf

          Watch the newest YouTube videos here:
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDd...TZ9HuEnkGdPkCQ

          T | X | G Merchandise and Galvin Green apparel:
          https://txg.ca/store/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VIBiNVO View Post
            I am a 40 year old HIGH handicapper who just returned to the game after nearly 20 years and been playing 2-5 rounds a week since restarting in early 2019. My equipment is all pretty old (TM 200 irons, R540 Driver, and Dunlop Walmart fairway woods). I've been increasing my swing speed etc. and when I go and try friend's irons/woods I find them so much easier & better to hit with. My wife booked me a full BAG fitting with TM at Glen Abbey for Oct 17th for $250 + 50% OFF. Does anyone have any opinion on why I should wait for TXG or go ahead with TM at Glen Abbey? I've been waiting for TXG to open in Mississauga but I'm getting the news that there is another delay.

            Modern Golf would be more then happy to host you! We are located right by the airport and have a world class build shop at our head office location. Not only do we offer new custom fit equipment and OEM options, we also have a very large pre-owned program with hundreds of clubs available including many from 2019. Great option to save some dollars depending on fitting results!




            Comment


            • #7
              Just need Dan in here and we’ll have a sweep by our fitting sponsors
              TS4 w/ EvenFlow White
              M1 w/ Diamana Thump
              GAPR
              Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
              Vokey 46°
              Hi-Toe 52° & 58°
              Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

              Comment


              • #8
                If you are partial to Taylormade and are going to request their equipment anyways, just go to glen abbey. The TXG and MG fittings are of course excellent, but likely overkill for a high caper getting back into the game after 20 years.

                TXG has always treated me well also.
                Titleist 915 D2
                Titleist 915 F
                Wishon 929 F
                Wishon 775 Hybrid
                PING i5 Irons
                PING Tour S Rustique 52*
                PING Anser 56*
                PING Glide ES 60*
                MannKrafted Rattler XL
                MannKrafted Midwave
                SGC 902 Custom

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VIBiNVO View Post
                  I am a 40 year old HIGH handicapper who just returned to the game after nearly 20 years and been playing 2-5 rounds a week since restarting in early 2019. My equipment is all pretty old (TM 200 irons, R540 Driver, and Dunlop Walmart fairway woods). I've been increasing my swing speed etc. and when I go and try friend's irons/woods I find them so much easier & better to hit with. My wife booked me a full BAG fitting with TM at Glen Abbey for Oct 17th for $250 + 50% OFF. Does anyone have any opinion on why I should wait for TXG or go ahead with TM at Glen Abbey? I've been waiting for TXG to open in Mississauga but I'm getting the news that there is another delay.

                  Seeing as you're a HIGH handicapper, unless your swing is more or less where it should/can be, I think golf lessons are better investment for you right now...perhaps buy some more recent used clubs (they're likely re-saleable in the future for more or less what you paid if you get a good deal). Once that's done, then take the next step ie fitting and buying fitted clubs.

                  If you're not willing to do that....
                  Why the problem driving maybe half an hour one day to go to your preferred place ie TXG?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TeetoGrnr View Post

                    Seeing as you're a HIGH handicapper, unless your swing is more or less where it should/can be, I think golf lessons are better investment for you right now...perhaps buy some more recent used clubs (they're likely re-saleable in the future for more or less what you paid if you get a good deal). Once that's done, then take the next step ie fitting and buying fitted clubs.
                    This...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The community at Toronto Golf NUT is freaking awesome! Thank you for everyone's input and help. I've had several lessons already as I purchased a membership with Kaneff late last summer and played a lot late 2018 and I've already played over 60 rounds in 2019 (yes - I am a NUT ... hence I found this forum). I've been working hard on my swing and been told by the club pros & other scratch players that I've played with that it seems to be consistent enough to warrant equipment upgrades ...I've managed to shoot a few rounds this year in the mid 80s!!.

                      TM Fitting: The price is right but I am concerned that they will ONLY have the latest 2019/20 models for me to test and hence my purchase would be beyond my budget
                      TXG Fitting: From what I hear it's nearly the best however the fitting cost is rather high and their recommendations & customization may also be high? and their location is a bit out of the way but I am suspecting it maybe worth it.
                      MG Fitting: I've been reading great reviews on this forum and online but I'm also reading about "nightmare" experience with MG. I like how they have older & used clubs for myself to test out as well so that's a bonus. 2 questions about MG: 1. It's $400 for the full bag fitting ... and ANY purchase I make at MG the $400 credit will be applied to the purchase? 2. The technology they use at MG is it different or inferior to what is being currently used at TXG or TM?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VIBiNVO View Post
                        and hence my purchase would be beyond my budget
                        So what is your budget?

                        Do you have a short list of clubs that you want to buy?...do your also have an idea of what shafts you'd like?
                        Heck...it might even be free or a $25 fee....if you go to Golf Town....try out the Mizuno optimizer....this will give you an idea of 3 shafts that might fit your swing or what feels good to you.

                        IMO...based on your feedback.....assuming you have an idea/short list of clubs....I'd buy a used set of previous generation clubs.

                        Global Golf Canada...especially when they have a 20% off promo (they currently have a 15% off promo) is a good source for used clubs....though inventory is a bit weak nowadays.
                        You can demo them..and if you don't like them...return them within a 30 day window for a refund less the cost of both shipments....likely $20...but make sure they are returned in the same condition you received them.

                        Any clubs introduced within the last 3-5 years will be so much more forgiving than your current clubs.

                        We both know that a lousy swing/strike will result in a lousy shot whether you have a fitted club, your current club or any club you buy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by VIBiNVO View Post
                          The community at Toronto Golf NUT is freaking awesome! Thank you for everyone's input and help. I've had several lessons already as I purchased a membership with Kaneff late last summer and played a lot late 2018 and I've already played over 60 rounds in 2019 (yes - I am a NUT ... hence I found this forum). I've been working hard on my swing and been told by the club pros & other scratch players that I've played with that it seems to be consistent enough to warrant equipment upgrades ...I've managed to shoot a few rounds this year in the mid 80s!!.

                          TM Fitting: The price is right but I am concerned that they will ONLY have the latest 2019/20 models for me to test and hence my purchase would be beyond my budget
                          TXG Fitting: From what I hear it's nearly the best however the fitting cost is rather high and their recommendations & customization may also be high? and their location is a bit out of the way but I am suspecting it maybe worth it.
                          MG Fitting: I've been reading great reviews on this forum and online but I'm also reading about "nightmare" experience with MG. I like how they have older & used clubs for myself to test out as well so that's a bonus. 2 questions about MG: 1. It's $400 for the full bag fitting ... and ANY purchase I make at MG the $400 credit will be applied to the purchase? 2. The technology they use at MG is it different or inferior to what is being currently used at TXG or TM?
                          I've been fit at both MG and TXG so let me chime in. MG uses Trackman while TXG uses GCQuad. Quad is hands down better at tracking ball flight because it uses cameras right at the impact zone while Trackman is pretty much only reliable outside as it needs something like 50+ feet of golf ball flight to really know what the ball is doing. However, Trackman is better at measuring club head speed, that's about it.

                          Both locations are premium club fitting studios and you are unlikely to be fit to previous year models. Same goes for the Taylormade fitting centre. They aren't going to have some 2016 M2s kicking around just begging to be sold off. My question to you is are you looking for the best possible fit for you? Or are you looking to do it cheaply (as you seem to mention price several times). The other aspect is that if you get fit for say, Callaway Apex and True Temper Elevate S300 (the stock shaft this year), the chances of you finding that exact combo in the Apex CF16 are going to be extremely low. Further, are you just then going to buy ANY Apex irons you see, when the shaft might be massively different in feel, ball flight, etc.

                          Fitting is a tool to highlight what works best for you, and that in itself is worth the money IMO....I just don't see the point in finding what works for you and then turning around and looking at something else completely. If you don't have the money to buy what is recommended, then just go to Golf Town and get fit by one of their staff members that will fit your budget better and most cases it's less than $100 (if they even charge you). Then you can buy they exact club you were fit for and you aren't guessing.
                          Ping G410 LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Black 60
                          Cobra SpeedZone Tour Big 13.5* - Diamana RF 70
                          Cobra SpeedZone Tour 17.5* - Diamana ZF 80
                          Mizuno CLK 21* - Nippon GOST TS
                          Callaway Epic Forged 6-Pw, Aw, Gw - KBS $-Taper Black
                          Vokey SM8 56.10M - KBS $-Taper Black
                          Taylormade Hi-Toe 4-way 60* - Dynamic Gold S200
                          Custom Bettinardi and Scotty T22 Newport - Stability

                          Comment


                          Join The TGN Email List

                          Collapse

                          Recently Joined

                          Collapse

                          Topics: 173,510   Posts: 1,814,649   Members: 47,100   Active Members: 175
                          Welcome to our newest member, Golfcoursesales.

                          Today's Birthdays

                          Collapse

                          PGA Leaderboard

                          Collapse


                          TGN Sponsors

                          Working...
                          X