Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron re-shafting golftown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron re-shafting golftown

Just wondering has anyone had experience with golf town for re-shafting irons? Their price is well extremely competitive for re-shafting. Do they do a good job? lol curious because their price compare to price from other fitters are like less than half.

Wouldn’t do it pay the money and get them done right

Comment

I've yet to encounter any problems with Golftown reshafting service. Be sure to ask for the 24 hour cure epoxy for the job. Like anything else, patience is the virtue.

If you're an adventurous type, you can learn to DIY... it's a very simple job. The hardest part is to gather all the supplies needed, but you'll only need to buy once. Try it on one iron and learn from experience.
      Last edited by 30PuttsOrLess; Oct 4, 2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Its a simple procedure so wouldn't get too bent
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I guess I'll just go to TXG to get it done got it fitted there so they'll know what to do

thanks all for comments

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post
            I guess I'll just go to TXG to get it done got it fitted there so they'll know what to do

thanks all for comments
            I have to assume you are now intenting to get the set fit with the right shaft for you.
            Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
            Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
            Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
            Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
            Cleve 53,57 s300
            Cal Tuttle

Comment

got fitted mizuno jpx919forged with dynamic gold x7 shafts as best fit and x100s as secondary option since mizuno doesn't carry x7s.
              ordered it with x100s from my home club and tried it for about a month working ok but wanted to see how the x7s will perform so got those shafts used here on TGN. Now just need it to be installed

Comment

Originally posted by captainbim View Post
                Just wondering has anyone had experience with golf town for re-shafting irons? Their price is well extremely competitive for re-shafting. Do they do a good job? lol curious because their price compare to price from other fitters are like less than half.
                Hi captainbim , This goes back a few years but after my experience of having GT (aurora) re-shafting a set of irons for me I will NEVER use them again.

I ordered a set of c-tapers and let them do the install the next day I went to the range to try the new shafts and the 7 iron head flew off down the range so I took it back to have it fixed. I played a round that same day without the 7iron and during that round the heads of my pw, 8, and 5 also came off and I was able to manually turn/twist the heads of my other irons.

I took back the entire set to have it redone, a few days later I wen tot pick them up and sure enough the same thing happened again with all the iron heads flying off.

This time on the recommendation of racmbs I went to McMahon golf to have them looked at and Marcus advised GT did not drill out enough of the old epoxy and the shafts were installed too shallow, which also meant all the shafts were useless as their lengths would be off from spec once properly fitted. GT refunded me the money for the shafts and install and did everything through McMahon golf
                In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                --------
                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,510   Posts: 1,814,649   Members: 47,100   Active Members: 175
                Welcome to our newest member, Golfcoursesales.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                X