Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Pleased with Golf Town Heartland Shaft Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veryold
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
    For what its worth. Do not use gorilla epoxy for golf clubs. For your purposes VO youll be fine because of your slower swing speed. Hey, watch out, i'm up to 220 yards driver now, LOL. But seriously, I appreciate you help. Re. strength, i'm sure i'll be fine. Glued some fairway wood heads more than 30 years ago with Canadian Tire LePage epoxy and still using them, good as new.But stuff like gorilla glue epoxy has a strong adhesion strength but poor lap shear strength. A high SS player will likely have a failure with hardware store epoxy.

Leave a comment:

• Geeve1008
    replied
    Funny experience I went to a golftown recently and the gm who was working on clubs couldn’t pull steel shafts from the heads 😂😂😂 he gave me 40 percent of a bad of my choice for my troubles tho

Leave a comment:

• Jasonp
    replied
    For what its worth. Do not use gorilla epoxy for golf clubs. For your purposes VO youll be fine because of your slower swing speed. But stuff like gorilla glue epoxy has a strong adhesion strength but poor lap shear strength. A high SS player will likely have a failure with hardware store epoxy.

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    replied
    Mr22putt:
    Hey, thanks so much for this note, really appreciated
    And yes, i came across other people's comments and identical to yours about the "unforgiving" aspect of the SLDR. Sp all I can say is "we'll see" LOL. I better have some painters tape with me to put on the drivers face to see where i'm making contact.
    And on your comment about "lofting up" from 12*, i'll start with 12*, see the trajectories and go from there. IIANM, the second gen. of TM tips allows for 2* adjustment ???
    All best and cheers

Leave a comment:

• Mr22putt
    replied
    Originally posted by veryold View Post
    For whatever is worth, just had shafts pulled and saved from a couple of ancient drivers. Only $5 to pull the shaft per club, and very professionally done in less than 10 mins, while i was waiting, at Golf Town in Heartland. Cannot wait to glue on them the TM tips i got from Ebay for $5 and finally try my SLDR, 12* driver before Season ends. Hope the head doesn't fly with the ball on the first swing
    Cheers to all !!!
    Have fun with your new toy...FYI...the SLDR is a very unforgiving head when hit off center.....and because your swing speed is slow...I'd still loft it up even with a 12* head....enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    replied
    Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    lol hope you used good epoxy.
    Haven't done it yet, waiting for delivery of Gorilla Epoxy from Amazon tomorrow, i hope (half price on a special, i day deal offer at $5). But, and again, FWIW, i glued couple of fairway woods about 25 years ago, and still using them to this day - and I used the Lepage Epoxy from Canadian Tire. I may be wrong, but it was something like $1.99 IIRC

Leave a comment:

• bl8d
    replied
    lol hope you used good epoxy.

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    started a topic Very Pleased with Golf Town Heartland Shaft Removal

Very Pleased with Golf Town Heartland Shaft Removal

For whatever is worth, just had shafts pulled and saved from a couple of ancient drivers. Only $5 to pull the shaft per club, and very professionally done in less than 10 mins, while i was waiting, at Golf Town in Heartland. Cannot wait to glue on them the TM tips i got from Ebay for $5 and finally try my SLDR, 12* driver before Season ends. Hope the head doesn't fly with the ball on the first swing
    Cheers to all !!!
    Last edited by veryold; Oct 6, 2019, 05:10 PM.

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 175,092   Posts: 1,832,765   Members: 47,363   Active Members: 278
Welcome to our newest member, Bobier21Golf.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
X