Collapse

Very Pleased with Golf Town Heartland Shaft Removal

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Pleased with Golf Town Heartland Shaft Removal

For whatever is worth, just had shafts pulled and saved from a couple of ancient drivers. Only $5 to pull the shaft per club, and very professionally done in less than 10 mins, while i was waiting, at Golf Town in Heartland. Cannot wait to glue on them the TM tips i got from Ebay for $5 and finally try my SLDR, 12* driver before Season ends. Hope the head doesn't fly with the ball on the first swing
    Cheers to all !!!
    Last edited by veryold; Oct 6, 2019, 05:10 PM.

lol hope you used good epoxy.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
      lol hope you used good epoxy.
      Haven't done it yet, waiting for delivery of Gorilla Epoxy from Amazon tomorrow, i hope (half price on a special, i day deal offer at $5). But, and again, FWIW, i glued couple of fairway woods about 25 years ago, and still using them to this day - and I used the Lepage Epoxy from Canadian Tire. I may be wrong, but it was something like $1.99 IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
        For whatever is worth, just had shafts pulled and saved from a couple of ancient drivers. Only $5 to pull the shaft per club, and very professionally done in less than 10 mins, while i was waiting, at Golf Town in Heartland. Cannot wait to glue on them the TM tips i got from Ebay for $5 and finally try my SLDR, 12* driver before Season ends. Hope the head doesn't fly with the ball on the first swing
        Cheers to all !!!
        Have fun with your new toy...FYI...the SLDR is a very unforgiving head when hit off center.....and because your swing speed is slow...I'd still loft it up even with a 12* head....enjoy.

Comment

Mr22putt:
          Hey, thanks so much for this note, really appreciated
          And yes, i came across other people's comments and identical to yours about the "unforgiving" aspect of the SLDR. Sp all I can say is "we'll see" LOL. I better have some painters tape with me to put on the drivers face to see where i'm making contact.
          And on your comment about "lofting up" from 12*, i'll start with 12*, see the trajectories and go from there. IIANM, the second gen. of TM tips allows for 2* adjustment ???
          All best and cheers

Comment

For what its worth. Do not use gorilla epoxy for golf clubs. For your purposes VO youll be fine because of your slower swing speed. But stuff like gorilla glue epoxy has a strong adhesion strength but poor lap shear strength. A high SS player will likely have a failure with hardware store epoxy.

Comment

Funny experience I went to a golftown recently and the gm who was working on clubs couldn’t pull steel shafts from the heads 😂😂😂 he gave me 40 percent of a bad of my choice for my troubles tho

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                For what its worth. Do not use gorilla epoxy for golf clubs. For your purposes VO youll be fine because of your slower swing speed. Hey, watch out, i'm up to 220 yards driver now, LOL. But seriously, I appreciate you help. Re. strength, i'm sure i'll be fine. Glued some fairway wood heads more than 30 years ago with Canadian Tire LePage epoxy and still using them, good as new.But stuff like gorilla glue epoxy has a strong adhesion strength but poor lap shear strength. A high SS player will likely have a failure with hardware store epoxy.

Comment

Burlington location
                  Early in the season I dropped my 4 iron off to her head Re attached.
                  Picked it up and shaft was broken and grip was cut . Took it home and noticed it , went back in the store and manager basically said I was lying. Said no way they did that. . I said how do you know we’re you hear watching him fix it

At this point I was pretty much yelling .
                  said so your saying I’m just making this up .
                  he said “well im not saying that put people do come back and pretend that we did stuff “.

i said “ ya sure cause that’s what I’m doing “
                  pretty much said I was **** out of luck

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
                    i understand but i think you missed the point. Was moreso a warning for others not to follow suit if theyre moderate swing speed. Theres a difference between bond strength and lap sheer strength. If i were to glue my heads with gorilla glue epoxy i can guarantee id have a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post
                      Burlington location
                      Picked it up and shaft was broken and grip was cut . Took it home and noticed it , went back in the store and manager basically said I was lying. Said no way they did that. . I said how do you know we’re you hear watching him fix it

he said “well im not saying that put people do come back and pretend that we did stuff “.

Yup service at Burlington is bad. Should have seen this glue job they did on a putter head for me. Looked like a 4 year old was building his first model in

Comment

Really pissed me off , acted like I was trying to get something for free ,

Comment

most every epoxy meets or exceeds the required shear strength needed for golf. The trouble with some epoxy lies in the disassembly because some require more heat to break the bond for pulling the head loose.
                          This is not a problem with steel shafts,but the extra heat can destroy the tip of graphite shafts.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post
                            Burlington location
                            Picked it up and shaft was broken and grip was cut
                            . Took it home and noticed it , went back in the store and manager basically said I was lying. Said no way they did that. . I said how do you know we’re you hear watching him fix it

Odd that Burlington would mess up like that. Why would the grip have been cut when the work order was for the iron head to be glued back on
                            Was the head, when you brought it in detached from the shaft, or was it just loose?
                            As for the shaft, was it broken or crushed?
                            I have to assume it was graphite shaft. Maybe your order got mixed up as a re-grip?
                            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I use the epoxy from Dollarama It works great holds up to a 120 mile per swing but what I like the most it heats up well when removing a graphite shaft

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X