Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Pleased with Golf Town Heartland Shaft Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snaphooker235
    replied
    loving this thread

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    II feel you pain....lol.

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post

And I thought I was the only one that suffered that. I can remember every word to songs from the '60's, but last night's supper...... And I can replay every shot from a round of golf some memorable rounds and golf courses i played over years, so my "selective" memory definitely has its own priorities. Getting old is not for the young....lol.
    LOL, love your post
    I know i'm taking my own thread off topic here, but FWIW, as for your last sentence, my old Irish golfing buddy would have a little "harsher" favorite quote: "getting old is not for wimps". That was 30 years ago, when he was 80 and I was 50, and I had no clue why he was telling me that - NOW at 76, I definitely know

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Originally posted by veryold View Post
    except that at my age, even when you manage to learn something new, you forget it next day . Cheers !!!
    And I thought I was the only one that suffered that. I can remember every word to songs from the '60's, but last night's supper...... And I can replay every shot from a round of golf, so my "selective" memory definitely has its own priorities. Getting old is not for the young....lol.

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    replied
    Originally posted by snaphooker235 View Post

we are never to old to learn something new lol
    except that at my age, even when you manage to learn something new, you forget it next day . Cheers !!!

Leave a comment:

• snaphooker235
    replied
    snaphooker235 and bl8d: Thank you both for this excellent tip on epoxy. Feel a bit foolish paying $8 for Gorilla from Amazon, but what can you do - you learn something every day
    we are never to old to learn something new lol

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    replied
    snaphooker235 and bl8d: Thank you both for this excellent tip on epoxy. Feel a bit foolish paying $8 for Gorilla from Amazon, but what can you do - you learn something every day

Leave a comment:

• bl8d
    replied
    Originally posted by snaphooker235 View Post
    I use the epoxy from Dollarama It works great holds up to a 120 mile per swing but what I like the most it heats up well when removing a graphite shaft
    I have tried the Dollarama epoxy($1.50) and was very surprised how well it works, and how easy it was to break the bond with 15 seconds from a propane torch held 3/4" away from the hosel.

most every name-brand 25mm dispenser of epoxy is a ridiculous 12dollars( tax not included)

Leave a comment:

• snaphooker235
    replied
    I use the epoxy from Dollarama It works great holds up to a 120 mile per swing but what I like the most it heats up well when removing a graphite shaft

Leave a comment:

• bl8d
    replied
    Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post
    Burlington location
    Early in the season I dropped my 4 iron off to her head Re attached.
    Picked it up and shaft was broken and grip was cut
    . Took it home and noticed it , went back in the store and manager basically said I was lying. Said no way they did that. . I said how do you know were you hear watching him fix it

At this point I was pretty much yelling .
    said so your saying Im just making this up .
    he said well im not saying that put people do come back and pretend that we did stuff .

i said ya sure cause thats what Im doing
    pretty much said I was **** out of luck
    Odd that Burlington would mess up like that. Why would the grip have been cut when the work order was for the iron head to be glued back on
    Was the head, when you brought it in detached from the shaft, or was it just loose?
    As for the shaft, was it broken or crushed?
    I have to assume it was graphite shaft. Maybe your order got mixed up as a re-grip?

Leave a comment:

• bl8d
    replied
    most every epoxy meets or exceeds the required shear strength needed for golf. The trouble with some epoxy lies in the disassembly because some require more heat to break the bond for pulling the head loose.
    This is not a problem with steel shafts,but the extra heat can destroy the tip of graphite shafts.

Leave a comment:

• chachi1984
    replied
    Really pissed me off , acted like I was trying to get something for free ,

Leave a comment:

• Tphilp
    replied
    Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post
    Burlington location
    Picked it up and shaft was broken and grip was cut . Took it home and noticed it , went back in the store and manager basically said I was lying. Said no way they did that. . I said how do you know were you hear watching him fix it

he said well im not saying that put people do come back and pretend that we did stuff .

Yup service at Burlington is bad. Should have seen this glue job they did on a putter head for me. Looked like a 4 year old was building his first model in

Leave a comment:

• Jasonp
    replied
    i understand but i think you missed the point. Was moreso a warning for others not to follow suit if theyre moderate swing speed. Theres a difference between bond strength and lap sheer strength. If i were to glue my heads with gorilla glue epoxy i can guarantee id have a failure.

Leave a comment:

• chachi1984
    replied
    Burlington location
    Picked it up and shaft was broken and grip was cut . Took it home and noticed it , went back in the store and manager basically said I was lying. Said no way they did that. . I said how do you know were you hear watching him fix it

Leave a comment:

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 175,092   Posts: 1,832,761   Members: 47,363   Active Members: 278
Welcome to our newest member, Bobier21Golf.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
X