Collapse

Question about a fitting from TXG or Modern Golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a fitting from TXG or Modern Golf

I am hoping some can answer a question about the clubs/shafts recommended from either TXG or Modern Golf and what happens with the stock shaft? I bring up this question on a recent fitting and pricing I was quoted;

#! From my experience certain manufactures do not ship clubs without the shafts installed i.e Mizuno
    #2 If I am quoted on a club and either location is charging me the exact price as retail from Golf Town plus the shaft they are recommending.

So what happens with the shaft the that comes custom/stock am I allowed to ask for that shaft from either?
    In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
    --------
    Home Course - Clublink

You can certainly ask them to make a custom order from an OEM like you would with golf town. The difference would be that you won’t get the more attentive build that Modern/TXG offers.

Comment

I think OP is saying, if he orders custom shafts, does he get to keep the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
        I am hoping some can answer a question about the clubs/shafts recommended from either TXG or Modern Golf and what happens with the stock shaft? I bring up this question on a recent fitting and pricing I was quoted;

#! From my experience certain manufactures do not ship clubs without the shafts installed i.e Mizuno
        #2 If I am quoted on a club and either location is charging me the exact price as retail from Golf Town plus the shaft they are recommending.

So what happens with the shaft the that comes custom/stock am I allowed to ask for that shaft from either?
        %100 you can keep the stock shafts, you paid for them. OEM's do not ship component--only thing they'll leave loose are the grips and you can request the shafts be uncut (butt-trimmed), but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post

if you are going to have a stock shafted set re- fitted with a custom shaft, whose weight and flex are specific to you, it is a good idea to retain the discarded shafts.
          Should you decide to sell the set at some later date you could then offer them with the stock shaft.
          Many people don't like buying clubs with shafts that were tuned for someone else.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Thanks for all the replies

Originally posted by TheSaxemachine View Post
            You can certainly ask them to make a custom order from an OEM like you would with golf town. The difference would be that you won’t get the more attentive build that Modern/TXG offers.
            I may not have been clear, As Petvan I was asking about the stock shaft(s) that come with the club(s) when they order them from the manufacture.

Racmb thanks that is exactly what I was thinking as I know Mizuno would not ship heads only so the fitters are getting those shafts sent with their order and if I am paying for it might as well get them.

I did not do that when I ordered from either in the past I will ask them for the OEM shafts on my current order.
            In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
            Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
            Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
            Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
            Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
            Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
            Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
            --------
            Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I'm with racmbs, I feel like u should be able to get the stock shafts back with your custom set, or at least some sorta credit since you are paying for them. But then again, they wouldn't be able to resell them lol.

even worse is when they charge full aftermarket prices to put non-upcharge shafts back into clubs and justify it by saying they build it better. I guess it has to be done tho, the margins on clubs are atrocious.

Comment

Wow I'm quite surprised that you don't get the stock shaft by default. I've never ordered through them always from my club and will continuously do so if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

%100 you can keep the stock shafts, you paid for them. OEM's do not ship component--only thing they'll leave loose are the grips and you can request the shafts be uncut (butt-trimmed), but that's about it.
                  Whenever I have custom ordered, I've always requested uncut shafts installed and grips loose in the box.

Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                  Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                  Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by Laicha View Post
                    I'm with racmbs, I feel like u should be able to get the stock shafts back with your custom set, or at least some sorta credit since you are paying for them. But then again, they wouldn't be able to resell them lol.

even worse is when they charge full aftermarket prices to put non-upcharge shafts back into clubs and justify it by saying they build it better. I guess it has to be done tho, the margins on clubs are atrocious.
                    Anyone know "how much build it better"?

Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                      Anyone know "how much build it better"?
                      Please don’t. We’ve been down this road before. Save us all the pain.

Comment

If I can afford a custom built driver with an after-market shaft --- I'm not gonna worry about a $50 ubiquitous stock shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                          If I can afford a custom built driver with an after-market shaft --- I'm not gonna worry about a $50 ubiquitous stock shaft.
                          you should though.
                          That expensive aftermarket shaft can be installed into your next head.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                            Some of the "ubiquitous" stock shafts you are referring to, have a resale value of well over $50. As for the irons, Modus as an example that come stock in just about every OEM offering now easily fetch $200 as they are $85 a shaft installed brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

Some of the "ubiquitous" stock shafts you are referring to, have a resale value of well over $50. As for the irons, Modus as an example that come stock in just about every OEM offering now easily fetch $200 as they are $85 a shaft installed brand new.
                              Yeah, I suppose with irons it ma be a consideration but it was a non-issue for me when I got my driver.

I just assumed warrantied builders can buy heads only.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X