Collapse

Question about a fitting from TXG or Modern Golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
    I just assumed warrantied builders can buy heads only.
    There are some that you can buy component (ie: KZG, Miura), but the brand names we all see do not sell component. If a warranty is involved, the club goes back to the manufacturer and they replace it. One caveat with a few of them though, is they are sticklers when it comes to replacing with the original shaft. So if one were to order a stock M6 driver and do an upgrade through a fitter like TXG or MG, you might be SOL if you require a warranty swap and don’t have the original shaft. It’’s happened to a few friends of mine AND myself with Taylormade many years ago. Had to fight them tooth and nail for a caved in head and only had my upgraded shaft that I had done through MG. They were refusing the warranty swap and thankfully MG had a spare stock shaft I could toss in and send back to them to get my replacement.

Comment

racmbs is 100% as mentioned I know for a fact Mizuno, Ping, Callaway will not ship heads only so if you are not asking for the oem shafts back the fitter is either reusing/selling them or you are missing out on the $$$.

The reason I asked the question to begin with is one of the stock shaft offering is the exact shaft needed for a 3 wood a friend is looking for.

Originally posted by captainbim View Post
      Wow I'm quite surprised that you don't get the stock shaft by default. I've never ordered through them always from my club and will continuously do so if that's the case.
      No the fitter I went to agreed to order the club with the shaft I wanted at no charge/fee
      In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
      Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
      Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
      Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
      Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
      Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
      Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
      --------
      Home Course - Clublink

Comment

I’ve never heard of getting the stock shaft along with the upgrade.
        Most upgraded shafts that you would be fit to would be on the upgrade list, so it would be built and installed by the manufacturer, and not the fitter. If they gave you the stock shaft, you would also be getting 2 grips and 2 adaptors which would cost more than the stock shaft.
        If the fitter recommended an exotic shaft not on the upgrade list and built by them, only then would the club be shipped with the stock shaft.

Comment

read exactly what RACMBS is saying why you need to hang on to the original shafts shipped with the set.
          I'm getting the impression some of you guys aren't getting the import of it

One caveat with a few of them though, is they are sticklers when it comes to replacing with the original shaft. So if one were to order a stock M6 driver and do an upgrade through a fitter like TXG or MG, you might be SOL if you require a warranty swap and don’t have the original shaft."
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
            read exactly what RACMBS is saying why you need to hang on to the original shafts shipped with the set.
            I'm getting the impression some of you guys aren't getting the import of it

One caveat with a few of them though, is they are sticklers when it comes to replacing with the original shaft. So if one were to order a stock M6 driver and do an upgrade through a fitter like TXG or MG, you might be SOL if you require a warranty swap and don’t have the original shaft."
            Agreed. Wonder if any fitters will shed some light on these topics?

Comment

Originally posted by Another 9 View Post
              I’ve never heard of getting the stock shaft along with the upgrade.
              Most upgraded shafts that you would be fit to would be on the upgrade list, so it would be built and installed by the manufacturer, and not the fitter. If they gave you the stock shaft, you would also be getting 2 grips and 2 adaptors which would cost more than the stock shaft.
              If the fitter recommended an exotic shaft not on the upgrade list and built by them, only then would the club be shipped with the stock shaft.
              I’m so lost with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Laicha View Post

Agreed. Wonder if any fitters will shed some light on these topics?
                This has been common practice for as long as I’ve been in the industry. It extends beyond golf as well as most manufacturers will not honor a warranty if modifications have been made. It’s a stain on the industry because these OEM’s know darn well that fitting centers like TXG, MG and others offer this service so that golfers have access to a wider variety of shafts and technology that they may not offer.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

I’m so lost with your post.
                  Ok let me try again.

When you go for a fitting, you usually get fit for an aftermarket shaft that’s on the upgrade list or an exotic shaft not on the upgrade list. I’ve never seen a stock shaft on the fitting wall of TXG or Modern Golf.

When you order this club with an up charge shaft, the OEM will build it. You are paying the up charge for the difference in price between the stock and upgrade shaft. You will not get the stock shaft. (Also you are only paying for one grip and adaptor).

The other option which is probably less common is to get fit into an exotic shaft (ie VA Composites), that are not found on the OEM upgrade list. In this case the fitter will order a the club and stock shaft, and build up the exotic shaft with a second grip and adaptor. If this were the case then you would be able to take your stock shaft along with you. This will cost significantly more than the first option.

Comment

I think Club Champion or one of those US chains does keep the stock shafts on irons. Interested about whether TXG/MG do as well?

Comment

Ok let me try again.

When you go for a fitting, you usually get fit for an aftermarket shaft that’s on the upgrade list or an exotic shaft not on the upgrade list. I’ve never seen a stock shaft on the fitting wall of TXG or Modern Golf.

When you order this club with an up charge shaft, the OEM will build it. You are paying the up charge for the difference in price between the stock and upgrade shaft. You will not get the stock shaft. (Also you are only paying for one grip and adaptor).

The other option which is probably less common is to get fit into an exotic shaft (ie VA Composites), that are not found on the OEM upgrade list. In this case the fitter will order a the club and stock shaft, and build up the exotic shaft with a second grip and adaptor. If this were the case then you would be able to take your stock shaft along with you. This will cost significantly more than the first option.
                      How will it cost significantly more? Stock shafts are not subject to an upcharge, so your example still makes no sense. The majority of cases where one visits places like TXG and MG, is to go through a fitting process to determine if what they are currently playing is fine, or if they are in need of a change and will be recommended a variety of options. If the OEM does not offer the upgraded shaft they want, then yes they order direct and it comes with whatever stock shaft is requested at the time the order is placed at no additional cost. Then they will install the exotic shaft you chose and you're all done; but that does not mean you cannot ask for the stock shaft that it came with and then expect to be charged on top of that--it makes zero sense and would technically be unethical.

Comment

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
                        I think Club Champion or one of those US chains does keep the stock shafts on irons. Interested about whether TXG/MG do as well?
                        Unless you specifically ask to have the stock shafts back, they keep them. I see nothing wrong with that, unless the buyer asked and they flat out refuse, or try and add on a charge where they pull the shafts--which would just be wrong IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

How will it cost significantly more? Stock shafts are not subject to an upcharge, so your example still makes no sense. The majority of cases where one visits places like TXG and MG, is to go through a fitting process to determine if what they are currently playing is fine, or if they are in need of a change and will be recommended a variety of options. If the OEM does not offer the upgraded shaft they want, then yes they order direct and it comes with whatever stock shaft is requested at the time the order is placed at no additional cost. Then they will install the exotic shaft you chose and you're all done; but that does not mean you cannot ask for the stock shaft that it came with and then expect to be charged on top of that--it makes zero sense and would technically be unethical.
                          Wow what don’t you understand?

Comment

Ok, let’s say you order a new car.

You decide you order the upgraded stereo. The car manufacturer doesn’t also give you the base stereo as well.

Or, you decide to order the stock stereo and go to a custom shop where they rip out the stock stereo and install something aftermarket. In this case it will cost significantly more, and you will be able to keep your stock stereo.

Comment

Ok, let’s say you order a new car.

You decide you order the upgraded stereo. The car manufacturer doesn’t also give you the base stereo as well.

Or, you decide to order the stock stereo and go to a custom shop where they rip out the stock stereo and install something aftermarket. In this case it will cost significantly more, and you will be able to keep your stock stereo.
                              That’s literally exactly what he’s saying....

Comment

Originally posted by LongLefty View Post

That’s literally exactly what he’s saying....
                                Indeed it is......perhaps he should change his user name to Anotherbeer
                                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                                X