Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My SLDR driver assembly and testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

veryold
    the 35s on the shaft means the tip of the shaft measures at .350 , and it is a Stiff flex.

So ,if you buy another shaft to try make sure it also has the .350 tip dia., to install in that adapter.

however, I recommend you just buy an extra .335 adapter for any other shaft you might want to try in the SLDR in the future.
    found my adapter on Amazon.ca for $11ea. free shipping.

Slide the weight to the heel, it might minimize that fade you had going.
    Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
    Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
    Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
    Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
    Cleve 53,57 s300
    Cal Tuttle

Comment

Hey Serge, great to hear, I hope to bear witness your Big-Dog exploits next season when we get out !
      WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
      Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65 Stiff
      Titleist TS2 19H with Evenflow White 90 Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 & 23 with Accra FX300H Stiff
      Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5i & 6i with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
      Mizuno MP-18 MMC 7-PW with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
      Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
      Cleveland RTX 54* & 58 Mid with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
      Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        veryold
        the 35s on the shaft means the tip of the shaft measures at .350 , and it is a Stiff flex.

So ,if you buy another shaft to try make sure it also has the .350 tip dia., to install in that adapter.
        The Graffaloy shaft he's using is .335 not .350.

Comment

veryold

however, I recommend you just buy an extra .335 adapter for any other shaft you might want to try in the SLDR in the future.
          Actually, i bought 3 adapters from eBay, at $5 each, and installed them in the 3 shafts that i had Golftown pull from ancient TM drivers.
          found my adapter on Amazon.ca for $11ea. free shipping.

Slide the weight to the heel, it might minimize that fade you had going.
          That's just one of the lined up experiments and testing for next Season. The others being the optimal driver LOFT for my swing, which between the tip adjust-ability of +-1.5* and my 3 SLDR heads (9.5*, 12* and 14*) should make a range from 8* all the way up to 15.5*. With all this, hope i'll have some time to play "real" golf from time to time
          Last edited by veryold; Nov 8, 2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            Hey Serge, great to hear, I hope to bear witness your Big-Dog exploits next season when we get out !
            Uh, oh, now i'm going to regret my post above But no worries, we'll have fun for sure, and i'm really looking forward to our game next Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdntac View Post

The Grafaloy shaft he's using is .335 not .350.
              they came in both sizes.

I've got a Blue ready to glue into a friends 12* TM Quad, and its tip measures.350

I am also about to insert a 35s Prolite into a Ping G5 driver for my Eye2 retro bag, and the 35s Prolite tip is .350

Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue shaft were a stock shaft option for some OEM, and "made for",almost as a rule were 350

can't tell from the shaft pic what VO has
              Things change.

Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
              Cleve 53,57 s300
              Cal Tuttle

Comment

had another look at VO shaft pic.
                it clearly say 65S, not 35S. Get new Glasses VO.

The one I am gluing up for my friend is a 65R (.350 tip)
                Things change.

Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                Cleve 53,57 s300
                Cal Tuttle

Comment

had another look at VO shaft pic.
                  it clearly say 65S, not 35S. Get new Glasses VO. no glasses help these VO eyes any more, but a 10x magnifying glass still works, lol, and it is indeed 65S.The other shaft is Graffaloy ProLite S-35, (dark red colored) and for that one i used the .335 tip IIANM. The third shaft is a UST Proforce 65 GOLD, STIFF, and it has the .350 tip, for sure - it's mostly yellow with a blue section.
                  Last edited by veryold; Nov 8, 2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

for VO, and anyone else interested in shafts, this link is a goldmine of info on most every type shaft in production now.

Russ Ryden Fit2score

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/ca...rer/grafalloy/
                    Things change.

Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                    Cleve 53,57 s300
                    Cal Tuttle

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                      Veryold
                      1) IMO...DON'T cut down the shafts of your drivers...just continue to choke down.
                      I cut down my Jetspeed & RBZ Stage 2 3HL and regretted it.

2) Ya...GTA is a rip off.
                      The 3 Vanc muni's are about $38-$45 for seniors in the summer......they have twilight Redbook coupons....I have played them from $20-$27...few years ago as low as $11.
                      Burnaby Mountain....a really good muni...is $32.25 taxes in during the summer for seniors.....also during bonus ball hours...only $6 (taxes-in) for 75 range balls.
                      In fairness, the senior rate at Don Valley, the best of the munis owned by the city of Toronto, was $38.50 weekdays and $46.50 weekends this season. The senior rate for Lakeview in Mississauga, where VO lives, is about $45.

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post

In fairness, the senior rate at Don Valley, the best of the munis owned by the city of Toronto, was $38.50 weekdays and $46.50 weekends this season. The senior rate for Lakeview in Mississauga, where VO lives, is about $45.
                        the good thing about Lakeview is its proximity, See the Starter first. before you go into the proshop.. He sets the starting time for singles..

Things change.

Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                        Cleve 53,57 s300
                        Cal Tuttle

Comment

the good thing about Lakeview is its proximity, See the Starter first. before you go into the proshop.. He sets the starting time for singles..
                          Similar for Braeben, and it's a bit cheaper than Lakeview. I like and play both courses (GOLFNOW of course ) but I like Braeben more, as a golf course design than Lakeview, EXCEPT FOR THE WIND on the Braeben Mountain, and this Season i don't think i played even once there without the wind.And even on warm days in August the wind can be annoying and distracts from enjoyment, but on colder days, it can be just BRUTAL.

Lakeview, being on low land and having big old trees all around it, is much more shielded from the winds.

Well i guess, one cannot have it all, LOL.
                          Last edited by veryold; Nov 9, 2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post

Ya....those are pretty good sr. rates.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,120   Posts: 1,809,146   Members: 47,047   Active Members: 200
                            Welcome to our newest member, reginaldyee.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                            X