WANTED CUSTOM FITTING !

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED CUSTOM FITTING !

Hello,

I recently moved to Toronto and I was wondering where I could get custom fit good and perfect.

Is there any fitting master you guys could recommend?

Thank you for your reply!

Have a great day guys!

The guys at TXG

Comment

Dans Custom , TXG, Modern Golf
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Go and see Riv at Modern, hes head and shoulders above anything else available in the GTA. It's not even close for what he brings and is capable of. YouTube is neat but results are where it's at and Riv delivers. See him before a tour van sweeps him up.

Comment

TXG gets my vote IF you desire and are willing to pay for a high end custom fitting even though we are competitors in some respects
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

TXG is by far the best around, if you want a master fitter specifically go see Ian, he owns/operates TXG.

Comment

TXG hands down. I've been to both Modern and TXG and it isn't even close. I usually go see Ian but he is getting booked up pretty quickly these days. I haven't been fit by him but I see Chris gets a lot of praise on here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                Dans Custom , TXG, Modern Golf
                To add....we are all different and have differing needs and expectaions.

As Such, you are best to call and speak to each place , ask questions and get a feel to determine which place and more specifically which person in that place will best meet your individual needs, preferences, budget etc.

A relationship with a club fitter is an important one, and not unlike that which you have with your financial advisor, barber, dentist or doctor. All 3 places i listed above are top shelf and there are others such as McMahon

you can use the recommended best hair stylist, or dentist in the city, but they might not be a good fit for you personally , same goes for your fitter. Its a big time and potential dollar investment so make sure your comfort level and needs are going to be fully met.
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Ian is obviously very informative with the YouTube content... but it's really bizarre the rest of the staff is devalued by their own boss in terms of pricing. I'd never want to go see the 2nd or 3rd best option which is very clearly what they are saying the rest of the team is.

Comment

Originally posted by JSGolf View Post
                    Ian is obviously very informative with the YouTube content... but it's really bizarre the rest of the staff is devalued by their own boss in terms of pricing. I'd never want to go see the 2nd or 3rd best option which is very clearly what they are saying the rest of the team is.
                    I believe I hear some axe grinding in the background.

If you want hire the senior partner in the law firm be prepared to pay $700+ per hour. That does nor mean the 2-3 year junior partner is always less skilled. You pay more for experience and reputation.
                    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

I'm not going to really take sides but honestly between Modern Golf, TXG and Dan I don't think you can go wrong as long as what they offer is what you're looking for.

I haven't been fit by Dan but he's very active here and I might use him in the future for some specific stuff mainly if I decide to go and build an armlock putter.

I've had my irons, wedges and driver fit by Chris at TXG and very happy with the results, I'm striking my irons amazing now and the rest very solid. I plan to do my hybrid/UI and 3 wood with Chris at some point in the winter.

Modern Golf I bought my Edel through them, no issues at all. I just bought at putter from them today at the Golf, Ski & Snowboard show at the international center and Matt told me to come in one day and he'll check the loft and lie to make sure it's right for me. I also asked them if I could do a possible custom Piretti putter through them and they said it's very likely just have to discuss more.

Rambling aside I've been happy with both TXG and MG, they've been great in what I've used them for and wouldn't hesitate to use either. But I think you should email/call, tell them what you're looking to get done and just see/feel the vibe they give. If you're feeling iffy before even walking in don't go.
                      Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                      3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                      3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                      Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                      Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                      Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                      TP5X 2024
                      Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by JSGolf View Post
                        Go and see Riv at Modern, hes head and shoulders above anything else available in the GTA. It's not even close for what he brings and is capable of. YouTube is neat but results are where it's at and Riv delivers. See him before a tour van sweeps him up.
                        Who is "Riv"? And why doesn't Modern Golf list any of their fitters on their website?

Comment

Modern Golf has consistently done a great job for me. Previously I had a club built by McMahom and was happy with the build.
                          Last edited by outthere; Oct 19, 2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

I have had great experiences with Chris when he was at GT and at TXG - he really knows his stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by vlfflqcns92 View Post
                              Hello,

I recently moved to Toronto and I was wondering where I could get custom fit good and perfect.

Is there any fitting master you guys could recommend?

Thank you for your reply!

Have a great day guys!
                              Just a bit of additional information of what I do. I struggled for years trying to understand why my long irons felt too long and my short irons felt too short.

After obtaining my Master's status with the Maltby Clubmaking Academy I still struggled with the length issues so this led to developing True Length Technology.

TLT will keep you athletic for every club regardless of your size. There are 16 TLT build series, allowing every size of player to be fit properly. I consider the proper length and lie to be paramount, allowing consistency to be developed into your swing.

The fittings are done with the aid of 16 mini sets, a 4 iron at 58* lie, a 7 at 61 and a PW at 64. Once you have proven to yourself that the fit is right we have the formula for your build. A further understanding of shaft flex and weight, grip size and material, tempo, transition and release.... you are well on your way to a great fit.

TLT clubs are about athleticism and accuracy on the course, regardless of your size.

Appointments are required. Thanks for your time.
                              Regards
                              Dan

True Length Technology TM
                              Awarded 'Best New Fitting Idea - 2007 AGCP'
                              True Frequency Technology TM
                              - Developer / Owner

Maltby Clubmaking Academy
                              - Master
                              Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
                              - Advanced / Professional
                              Professional Clubmakers Society (PCS)
                              - Class 'A'