Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED CUSTOM FITTING !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSGolf View Post
    Go and see Riv at Modern, hes head and shoulders above anything else available in the GTA. It's not even close for what he brings and is capable of. YouTube is neat but results are where it's at and Riv delivers. See him before a tour van sweeps him up.
    your replies seem more of an attack towards TXG vs. valid input. Have you been to TXG and had a bad experience?
    In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
    Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
    Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
    Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
    Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
    Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
    --------
    Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by JSGolf View Post
      Ian is obviously very informative with the YouTube content... but it's really bizarre the rest of the staff is devalued by their own boss in terms of pricing. I'd never want to go see the 2nd or 3rd best option which is very clearly what they are saying the rest of the team is.
      This is completely ridiculous. You must also have a problem with just about every golf course in the world that gives lessons where the director of instruction charges more than other pga/cpga professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by vlfflqcns92 View Post
        Hello,

I recently moved to Toronto and I was wondering where I could get custom fit good and perfect.

Is there any fitting master you guys could recommend?

Thank you for your reply!

Have a great day guys!
        We would love to host you at Modern Golf! Modern Golf not only offers a tremendous selection of custom fitting options, but we also offer stock offerings with comparative pricing to national retailers. We are proud to offer industry leading trade-in values which can result in great opportunities to regularly upgrade your clubs.

While our team likes to remain under the radar, we staff some of the best players in the country including an Ontario Mid AM champion. Our most recent hire is one of the most impressive players and fitters in North America, which we are excited to announce this week!

Give us a shout at info@moderngolf.ca - we are low key, but we sell a tone of equipment and our number one priority is to create value for our clients.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

I believe I hear some axe grinding in the background.

If you want hire the senior partner in the law firm be prepared to pay $700+ per hour. That does nor mean the 2-3 year junior partner is always less skilled. You pay more for experience and reputation.
          On the topic of experience and reputation, Gord and Marcus at McMahon have been around longer than anyone in the area. And they're not an arm or a leg lol. Highly recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Laicha View Post

On the topic of experience and reputation, Gord and Marcus at McMahon have been around longer than anyone in the area. And they're not an arm or a leg lol. Highly recommend them.
            Gord and Marcus are top-notch in my books when it comes to builds (and they both fit). They've done builds for some of the GTA's fitting centers and continue to do so for some of the most prestigious clubs in the area as well. Another to consider that hasn't been mentioned is Jeff Shuster as well. Extremely knowledgeable and takes great care in ensuring proper fit and quality builds

I've known all for a while and Gord close to 15 years and not ONCE have I ever had an issue. In fact, he's the one guy I can leave my stuff with and never have to worry about double checking the work the ensure it was done the way I like it.

In the end, the choice should boil down to who you are comfortable with. None of the people/places mentioned in this thread area a bad choice as they've all cut their teeth in this industry and deserve the respect they've earned.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

Gord and Marcus are top-notch in my books when it comes to builds (and they both fit). They've done builds for some of the GTA's fitting centers and continue to do so for some of the most prestigious clubs in the area as well. Another to consider that hasn't been mentioned is Jeff Shuster as well. Extremely knowledgeable and takes great care in ensuring proper fit and quality builds

I've known all for a while and Gord close to 15 years and not ONCE have I ever had an issue. In fact, he's the one guy I can leave my stuff with and never have to worry about double checking the work the ensure it was done the way I like it.

In the end, the choice should boil down to who you are comfortable with. None of the people/places mentioned in this thread area a bad choice as they've all cut their teeth in this industry and deserve the respect they've earned.
              Well said Scott.

Only thing i would add for all fitting shops (and i've been to a few in the GTA) is to learn to treat loyal customers with respect that they deserve and not assume repeat business if customers are not happy (i.e not trying to follow the Rogers/Bell/Telus customer service model). Social media platforms such as YouTube/IG/Twitter can attract new customers but that is not a viable long term solution.

It takes years to build loyalty and one bad instance to lose it. In that case. no you tube channels/other marketing tools are going to be able to fix whats broken.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,492   Posts: 1,814,076   Members: 47,097   Active Members: 176
              Welcome to our newest member, Highlife.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
              X