Collapse

Srixon 565/765

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post
    I think the V-Sole is a big part of the forgiveness on these irons. When using them this past season, I found that turf interaction with them was better than with my Pings, which led to more confidence swinging through the ball.
    The V sole has been around forever but some companies abandoned it.

IMO, it is an excellent feature that works great for many ams who don't make a proper strike with their irons = ball first, divot after....allowing them to make cleaner contact.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Ive got the 785s with c taper lite X and they are a solid club. I came from 712MB's, I do find that they are not nearly as workable as the blades but makeup in the forgiveness
      Rip it and Sip it

Comment

I have the 585/785 combo and a fellow lefty, so a bit newer than the ones you're looking at but similar I assume. They're fairly easy to hit, that V-sole can help or hurt you depending on your swing. One thing you do have to be a little weary of with the Srixon irons is that the spin numbers can be a little low so get on a launch monitor and find the right shaft for those irons.

If those don't work I think the Mizuno 919 Forged are quite similar, the Hot Metal is a little to thick for my liking and the Tour are not a lefty option. But fitters know more than me so go see one, much cheaper than the set not working out for you.
        Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
        3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
        3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
        Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
        Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
        Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
        TP5X 2024
        Ghost Katana

Comment

Went to golftec which is the closest fitting near me. Got a small package of swing evaluation, lessons,iron fitting in that order. Been a 4/6 index for a while but not a long hitter and a few issues in my swing while keeping my index in that range. Great to see yourself on screen and correcting some flaws right away. Next will be a few lessons and practice time before the iron fitting. Best money invested for a while. Like others have said get fitted before spending all that $$$ and thinking that there is a magical clubs out there.

Comment

Originally posted by pantouffe77 View Post
            Went to golftec which is the closest fitting near me. Got a small package of swing evaluation, lessons,iron fitting in that order. Been a 4/6 index for a while but not a long hitter and a few issues in my swing while keeping my index in that range. Great to see yourself on screen and correcting some flaws right away. Next will be a few lessons and practice time before the iron fitting. Best money invested for a while. Like others have said get fitted before spending all that $$$ and thinking that there is a magical clubs out there.
            If you're going in with an open mind for a fitting, don't overlook the Wilson FG Tour V6 Forged. They aren't a combo set but have the progressive placement of tungsten weights to help out on the longer irons. I have the V4's but a couple of buddies play the V6 and can't say enough good things about them. They get pretty solid reviews online as well.
            We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
            Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
            Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
            Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
            Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
            Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
            Srixon Star XV
            Ogio Grom bag

Comment

How does the z565s compare to hollow-bodies injection moulded irons like P790, PXG, King TEC, etc?

Comment

Curious also about it. Anyone have comments.

Comment

I have used the 565 irons with the Nippon 980 and all i can say is"incredible". Best irons i have ever played and the scores for sure show it. Actually so good i bought another set just in case. You wont be disappointed.
                  " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                  Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                  Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                  Ping i20
                  MacGregor response
                  Snickers tour bag
                  Pro V1

Comment

I was fitted into the 765s a few years ago at TXG. Love them. Mine are paired with the Nippon Modus tour 130x. It wasn't the longest combo in my fitting, but that's not what I was concerned with. The dispersion was much tighter with this setup, and I love the setup.
                    Titleist 913d3 8.5 with tour ad di 7x
                    Tour Edge Exotics 13 degree cb5
                    Titleist 909H 17 degree
                    Titleist 714 CB with KBS tour X stiff
                    Cleveland rtx 588 black 52, 56, 60
                    Yes Sophia blade putter

Comment

Got my hand on a 585 #8 iron with a modus 105 regular shaft and went to a golf dome in my area. Ball flight was sure higher than my miura cavity back. Feel was a bit clicky compared to my miura, but control and ball flight were very good. Will try the 785 to see if about the harsher feel. Always played forged irons so will probably need a bit of time to get use to the feel and sound. Might combo both sets.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X