Collapse

Srixon 565/765

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Srixon 565/765

Comments on these irons. Looking for a different set of irons. Lefty here. Seen a lots of guys are gaming them..

565's are the best irons I have ever played. Have had them in the bag for a few years and they won't be going anywhere soon. Great mix of feel, looks, and forgiveness
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post
      565's are the best irons I have ever played. Have had them in the bag for a few years and they won't be going anywhere soon. Great mix of feel, looks, and forgiveness
      Spot on with this assessment. Game Improvement irons that don’t look like it. Great feel and forgiveness. I purchased a set of 565s this summer and sold my trusty Ping G2 set that I had played for 7 years. I didn’t miss the Pings at all.

Comment

7 iron ss is 75/80. Any combo combination with the 765. I'm a low ball hitter going for a fitting, but always played forged irons. Was thinking if it works out a 5/6/7 with 565 and 8/9/PW in the 765.
        thanks

Comment

I purchased a demo 9 iron And really like the look, forgiveness and playability. Feel was lacking though. demoed the 785 at my club and they felt way better, but are a little less forgiving and more expensive

I would have bought the set but missed the deal online when they were going for $400 and wasn't going to pay $700 + for used.

I ended up getting new 718 AP1's ( at 1/2 cost) which play similarly and feel really great but would have no issues picking of a set of 565 if they came up at a good deal

happy to sell you the 9i demo club I have if you want to try them out
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Fitting results compared to on course results

Comment

Thanks for the offer for the 9 iron. Will see how the fitting goes. That is the the reason I might go to the combo because of feel in the shorter irons. N

Comment

Originally posted by pantouffe77 View Post
                7 iron ss is 75/80. Any combo combination with the 765. I'm a low ball hitter going for a fitting, but always played forged irons. Was thinking if it works out a 5/6/7 with 565 and 8/9/PW in the 765.
                thanks
                Don't get hung up on cast and forged.
                There is absolutely zero difference between cast and forged other than forged cost more, can be bent a few degrees more and will show more wear.

Comment

You need to get the right shaft fit for these heads that match your speed and something to promote higher launch. Weaken the lofts as well if the fitter thinks you need to (for higher spin and height since these heads tend to spin lower). This will add some bounce.

Combo up until where you need the additional forgiveness that the 565 provide.

Great thing about the x65 series, they still have the tungsten in the toe up until the 6 iron.

I have been playing forged for the majority of my golfing life. Bridgestone fan boy until about 2 years ago as I was looking for more forgiveness in a players iron, so went to Ping i series for about 18 months. I liked the tech in them. Never felt like I struck the ball well and finally gave up. Went to srixon and kicking myself for not doing so sooner! At least I can say I gave Ping plenty of time.

The srixon v sole works well for me and I missed that forged feel. Factor went down from 9.x to 5.x which iron played a big role. Was always a decent driver of the ball (getting in play and good position, chipping and putting good). Irons were really the weakest part of my game.

I have a brand new set of 565s from 3-P that I’ll be reshafting this winter for the days that my striking is not great.
                  Ping G410 Plus 9*/Accra TZ5
                  Ping 2014 Rapture 13*/Accra TZ6
                  Ping G410 17.5*/Accra TZ X275
                  Srixon Z565 3&4, Z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
                  Ping Glide Stealth 50SS+54ES/Accra Tour 100i
                  Evnroll ER2B 34”/370g
                  MGI Zip Navigator AT/Sun Mountain Teton

Comment

I have the 765's and love everything about them. I have NOT had them fitted in any way and they are still quite forgiving compared to the AP2's I was gaming before that. But in hindsight, I should have also gone with a 565 combo for the longer irons but I don't have huge misses with them and still quite happy with them.

Comment

I guess forged is a personel thing and mostly don't like the clicky sound and feel of some of the cast irons. I did try last year some callaway cf16 which I think they are made similar to the srixon 565 and they did not sound to clicky. They were not just for me. I do need some help in the lower irons and the right shaft is why I'm getting fitting. Trying multiple on your own can be quite pricey. Got some Miura cavity back at the moment but not as forgiving as I need in the lower irons

thanks

Comment

Thanks for the offer for the 9 iron. Will see how the fitting goes. That is the the reason I might go to the combo because of feel in the shorter irons. N
                        where are you getting fit that still sells 565/765?

Comment

I guess forged is a personel thing and mostly don't like the clicky sound and feel of some of the cast irons. I did try last year some callaway cf16 which I think they are made similar to the srixon 565 and they did not sound to clicky. They were not just for me. I do need some help in the lower irons and the right shaft is why I'm getting fitting. Trying multiple on your own can be quite pricey. Got some Miura cavity back at the moment but not as forgiving as I need in the lower irons

thanks
                          Absolutely, however, this is due to club-head design not the material of construction.

I found the 565 felt a bit clicky and harsh ( even with a softer shaft than i typically use) than my previous Ping i5 and my current ap1. The Ping i5 is a hard cast head, perimeter weighted head, however it's design makes the feel quite good. Feel can be very individual and as you say highly influenced by sound as well.

Comment

I'm sure gonna find out soon enough about the srixon 565. Another reason was I tried some Miura a year ago and they had the Y sole which seem to be similar to the V sole of the srixon. Had great numbers and accuracy with them. Mr Miura do not have the Y sole so it may be one of the reason that I do not hit my Miura as good. Have to blame someone or something. I'm keeping an open mind about other makes for sure.
                            Getting fitted at Golf Teck in Ottawa . They have the srixon in left handed. They have the newer model of the 585/785 but should be close enough.

thanks guys

Comment

I think the V-Sole is a big part of the forgiveness on these irons. When using them this past season, I found that turf interaction with them was better than with my Pings, which led to more confidence swinging through the ball.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X