Collapse

Nippon Modus 120 question

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nippon Modus 120 question

After demoing and being fitted for the Z785/585 split set in a Modus 105 regular, I had no no choice but try the 7s in the 120 stiff to decide where to make the split.

Every swing on the button. Taped up 785 p, 9, 8... so I could see clearly where it hit on the head.

The Modus 105 were good. These 120s seemed so much more “stable”.

Afraid Srixon doesn’t offer the Modus 120 in reg for some crazy reason.

Tried the 120 stiff today in a fitting 7 iron and I had to work a bit too hard.

The 105 reg and stiff was just a tad too inconsistent.

Thinking of soft stepping TWICE the 120 stiff.

This make any sense to you shatftoids?
    Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV blue 55 s
    Ping G425 5 wood
    Ping G425 7 wood

Ping G425 4 Hybrid
    Srixon Z 785 irons - Nippon Modus 120 s
    Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
    Bettinardi Queen B6

Tour B RXS Golf Balls - yellow
    hcp- 6

Phatchrisrules can likely steer you in the right direction on this one

Comment

Not a club fitter or a shaft geek here, but here's some material that I've been reading.

In my quest for improving consistency in my irons, I've decided to try a couple of other shafts. Will be trying Modus 120 Stiff and Modus 105 Regular with my current irons to see if I can gain consistency over the 125 Stiff that I have been using the last 18 Mos. What I'm hoping to achieve is to ...

Seems like the 120 S and 105 R are actually quite similar in terms of frequency. If anything, this suggests that the 120 R would be feel a bit more whippy (possibly due to a softer tip section?). Again, this is probably different for every person's swing, but interesting to read nonetheless. I'll leave it to the real club fitters to pitch in here.

Comment

Originally posted by yspmatt View Post
        Not a club fitter or a shaft geek here, but here's some material that I've been reading.

In my quest for improving consistency in my irons, I've decided to try a couple of other shafts. Will be trying Modus 120 Stiff and Modus 105 Regular with my current irons to see if I can gain consistency over the 125 Stiff that I have been using the last 18 Mos. What I'm hoping to achieve is to ...

Seems like the 120 S and 105 R are actually quite similar in terms of frequency. If anything, this suggests that the 120 R would be feel a bit more whippy (possibly due to a softer tip section?). Again, this is probably different for every person's swing, but interesting to read nonetheless. I'll leave it to the real club fitters to pitch in here.
        Was just looking for an easier load so I wouldn't have to swing so hard.
        Thanks!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV blue 55 s
        Ping G425 5 wood
        Ping G425 7 wood

Ping G425 4 Hybrid
        Srixon Z 785 irons - Nippon Modus 120 s
        Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
        Bettinardi Queen B6

Tour B RXS Golf Balls - yellow
        hcp- 6

Comment

Ordered.