/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Cutting 3 wood shaft - HELP

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a question along the same line... recently got fitted for a driver with a shaft 1/2" shorter and I'm really liking it. I've been considering using a 3 wood with a slightly shorter shaft as well due to my success with the driver. I actually have both a Cobra F9 3 and 5 wood, however, I no longer use the 5. As it is the same shaft and adapter, I've been considering putting the 5w shaft into the 3w head as it is slightly shorter and I don't use the 5 anyways. Would this mess up the swing weight or anything like that?

Comment

Go experiment, you have nothing to lose.

Comment

Sure go for it. The 3 wood with the 5 wood shaft will feel lighter. If you want to bring the swingweight back to original specs add 5 grams of weight to the 3 wood head. This can be done by either changing the weight to a heavier weight or by adding 5 grams of lead tape to the bottom of the head. " Golf lead tape " is readily available at Golftown Golfworks or Amazon.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 181,739   Posts: 1,899,038   Members: 49,010   Active Members: 447
        Welcome to our newest member, Clean Livin.
        Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
        X