/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

DeChambeau tried "shorter" Wedges and it was a NO GO

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richd View Post

i think i read somewhere that its bent upright to the point of being barely legal. maybe it had to be reinforced.

i hear him say in his interview that 40 inch driver will be in the bag soon
    48 inch.
    King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    King Cobra F9 14.5*, UST Helium A Flex
    Sonartec SS 2.5 19*, Fujikura Vista Pro 60 S
    Tour Edge Bazooka 350 24*, A Flex Stock Graphite
    TXG Custom, Mizuno Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 2* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
    Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
    Callaway MD4 S Grind 58*, DG Tour Issue 115 S
    Taylor Made TP Red Chaska, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

72* is the norm. but it does look like his must be close to 80*, which is the extreme end of legal .

Rumour has it he is testing 48" driver. Why is a good guess. Maybe it's a psych-ops ploy against the players..
      things change

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        72* is the norm. but it does look like his must be close to 80*, which is the extreme end of legal .

Rumour has it he is testing 48" driver. Why is a good guess. Maybe it's a psych-ops ploy against the players..
        Cannot find it, but i recall seeing a vid where a long drive competitor faced off 48" vs 45" drivers and distance gain was minimal **BUT** dispersion got worse, so maybe it is the "psych-op" after all
        note to self: Say LESS - listen MORE

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

48 inch.
          oh

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
            Cannot find it, but i recall seeing a vid where a long drive competitor faced off 48" vs 45" drivers and distance gain was minimal **BUT** dispersion got worse, so maybe it is the "psych-op" after all
            Here's where BD has a real advantage - he's got a ton more money than the long drive guys to put towards figuring out how to make this work.

And... he's got that physics background. So he can bring some of his own ideas forward to the shaft and head OEMs to build him some better gear.
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

Bryson is a long driver, but not the straightest. So far its his new strength that has allowed him to recover from the crap his driver has put him in.

If he does go to a 48 he'll have to focus on a shaft that will keep him from gouging his next shot out of the rough, obviously.

Knowing he is long enough to stay out front, would news of him dialing in a shorter driver for more accuracy not be more intimidating ?
              things change

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X