No announcement yet.
Collapse

Just Booked at Fitting at Modern Golf!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Booked at Fitting at Modern Golf!

Looking forward to my full bag fitting come Friday.

Hope to mainly focus on irons and wedges but also visit other clubs to ensure they're a good fit.

Will report back later.

hopefully I bring my good swing that day. Consistency has been killing me. One day my swing is great next its like I've never golfed before.

Good luck and enjoy the experience!

looking forward to hearing about your results and opinions on what you tested.
    Ping G410 Plus 9*/Accra TZ5
    Ping 2014 Rapture 13*/Accra TZ6
    Ping G410 17.5*/Accra TZ X275
    Srixon Z565 3&4, Z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
    Ping Glide Stealth 50SS+54ES/Accra Tour 100i
    Evnroll ER2B 34”/370g
    MGI Zip Navigator AT/Sun Mountain Teton

Comment

I will say in advance don't be nervous, don't make it a long drive comp, just relax and have some fun. Fittings are super fun especially when you can try a ton of stuff you normally can't.
      Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
      3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
      3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
      Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
      Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
      Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
      TP5X 2024
      Ghost Katana

Comment

Good decision Jason . . . enjoy, it is money well spend if you really like golf.
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Enjoy! I had one there a few weeks ago and had a great time. Still working on a plan to upgrade my clubs based on the feedback I got back. Be aware, you will hit a ton of balls, so bring something to drink.

Comment

do share your experience - I am planning to take lessons + fitting there in the new year before next season

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
              Looking forward to my full bag fitting come Friday.

Hope to mainly focus on irons and wedges but also visit other clubs to ensure they're a good fit.

Will report back later.

hopefully I bring my good swing that day. Consistency has been killing me. One day my swing is great next its like I've never golfed before.
              Looking forward to having you in!

MG SY Team

Comment

please share your experience, I am still seriously consider to get fit or not after the long vacation from golfing
                Driver: TM R5 Dual Draw 10.5 M.A.S.2 5-55 R Flex
                4 Wood: TM V-Steel 16.5 Dynamic Gold Steel R Flex
                Hybrids: Nickent 3DX Genex 3 & 4 IW Steel Uniflex
                Irons: Ping S59 5-PW ZZ-65 Steel S Flex
                Wedge: Cleveland 588 53 GW (Bend to 52) / 56 SW / 60 LW
                Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider 33 inches

Comment

ModernGolf fitting was great. Matt @ Modern was amazing. Very receptive to my game/swing.

The fitting started out awesome, we had it narrowed down to a few diff heads/shafts (new TM P7 series and Titleist T100 were lead contenders) but then things went sideways. I completely lost my tempo/swing.

We took a break did wedges and loved the MG2 and SM8, we couldnt get into it fully until we figured out irons.

We went back but swing still a mess. Tried FW's and driver. Was swinging those OK and was told not much room for improvement.

In the end Matt was very honest and told me that he couldnt in good faith make a recommendation because my swing fell apart a bit. He instead invited me back whenever I wanted free of charge.

Highly recommend a fitting @ MG. Nothing beats a lesson either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
                    ModernGolf fitting was great. Matt @ Modern was amazing. Very receptive to my game/swing.

The fitting started out awesome, we had it narrowed down to a few diff heads/shafts (new TM P7 series and Titleist T100 were lead contenders) but then things went sideways. I completely lost my tempo/swing.

We took a break did wedges and loved the MG2 and SM8, we couldnt get into it fully until we figured out irons.

We went back but swing still a mess. Tried FW's and driver. Was swinging those OK and was told not much room for improvement.

In the end Matt was very honest and told me that he couldnt in good faith make a recommendation because my swing fell apart a bit. He instead invited me back whenever I wanted free of charge.

Highly recommend a fitting @ MG. Nothing beats a lesson either.
                    Good and interesting - APPRECIATED
                    Cheers !!!
                    Last edited by veryold; Oct 20, 2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update Jason.
                      When I was at TXG a couple years ago, I had already played a good 18 that morning, went to TXG after, was re-warming up with 6i and shanked about 7 in row WTF. I'm a guy who doesn't shank so to have that creep up out of nowhere certainly made me skittish.
                      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

I can concur that a full bag fitting is not recommended in one session. I too tried to do it all at once and by the time I got finished with my woods, hybrids and irons, I was over 220 swings. We tried to move onto the wedges, but I was gassed and couldn't swing properly any longer. We completed those at another session. So anyone planning for a complete fitting should break things up into chunks and not try and do it all at once.
                        Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
                          I can concur that a full bag fitting is not recommended in one session. I too tried to do it all at once and by the time I got finished with my woods, hybrids and irons, I was over 220 swings. We tried to move onto the wedges, but I was gassed and couldn't swing properly any longer. We completed those at another session. So anyone planning for a complete fitting should break things up into chunks and not try and do it all at once.
                          That definitely didn't help but wasn't it.

I lost my swing after maybe 80 swings. I sort of got it back later but at that point t was like u said over 200 so was gassed. SS was way down.

Comment

I did a full bag fitting 7 years ago. It was tiring but I never felt that it could not be achieved.

I guess the issue is whether you have a repeatable swing or not and what your level of fitness is.

If you don’t have a repeatable swing, I’m not sure getting fit is ideal.

bladerunner

Comment

my swing is very repeatable but unfortunately sometimes its all between the ears. its why i go out there and shoot high 70s low 80s but then next day im high 80s low 90s. Its actually crazy.

Too much between the ears things get out of wack.

I find its the same BS curse all the time. I sort out my swing play really well get very confident and then am not satisfied, I try to FURTHER improve the swing and try to hit it further and it messes it all up.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X