Collapse

TXG Sales?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petvan View Post
    I don't think these are the places to go for lowest priced hardware. My clubs were more or less same price as GT. A friend who is probably high single digit did a full fitting and bought a new TM SIM driver to upgrade from his stock M4. It was over 1k with a custom shaft + the fitting cost. That said, he added 20+ yards to his drives and is regularly pushing 300 now. He'd say well worth it.

P
    That is a good baseline to go by, thank you.
    I appreciate their extensive experience and knowledge and the true value of it all, and because it's the same in my industry as well I am certainly not trying to undermine it.
    I just need to know if I am able to afford their experience/knowledge and what they recommend for me.

Btw, the Cobra driver I mentioned seem to have went back up in price. Still on sale but not as good as when I had mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemarkable View Post
      So the issue I think is coming up with budget because I don't know what to expect.
      To be specific, let's say I want to get a driver fitting. Cobra Speedzone Xtreme Driver is currently on sale at Golftown for $382.47 (original $549.99) right now (or fill free to add any other drivers on sales as example). If I do Driver fitting, am I able to get the Speedzone Xtreme for this same sale price and add the upgrades of shaft/grip etc or would I need to pay the full $549.99 and then add the cost of upgrades on top?
      It's nearly $200 difference before and after sale when calculating tax too so then am I better of buying the club at Golftown or used, and then bring it for retro fitting?

Obviously this means I am missing out if other driver heads might be better for me but if I am a high handicapper this might not be a bad idea for duration of getting better next couple of years?

Putter fitting also for example, I know loft and lie would be adjusted and grips changed if need be but does it also often include changing out of the shaft? Since it's not swung with force I would assume shafts wouldn't be as critical of a factor here. If so now I can narrow down the budget for putter better because it sounds like shaft is often the big influencer in price.

I know that TXG and Modern Golf has great reputation and so many people are happy with it but nobody talks price in their reviews so I just don't know what to expect, I apologize if my questions makes it sound like I'm a cheapskate, I'm just trying to make decisions with some basic knowledge so not to waste my fitter' time too. I plan this to be long term thing where I get fitted for all part of my bag one by one and also get re-adjusted throughout the years.

Any input directly from TXG and Modern Golf regarding above questions would be much appreciated as well.
      If anything please feel free to message me directly!

Thank you!
      We like to think at Modern we have the most options available of any retailer in the country. There are actually 4 options and all of them are free fitting at Modern Golf with purchase.

1) MG Price matches Golftown on head (so in your specific example, the Speedzone driver with any one of the stock shafts that Cobra offers would be $382.47. We have almost all of these options)

2) MG Price matches Golftown on head (customer pays OEM uncharge shaft - so in your example the head would be $382.47 and then Cobra offers several shafts that are more then stock shafts as part of their own custom fitting program)

3) MG Price matches Golftown on head (customer buys a custom shaft that is not available in Cobra's matrix of shafts and MG builds the club - shafts range from $119-$549, so this option can get very expensive on new models when you add head plus shaft).

4) MG Preowned - (Speedzone pre-owned demos are $349.99, mint condition). We have several other brand options all ranging from $349-$499

hope this helps! and feel free to send us a DM if we can be of more assistance

Comment

Originally posted by ModernGolf View Post

We like to think at Modern we have the most options available of any retailer in the country. There are actually 4 options and all of them are free fitting at Modern Golf with purchase.

1) MG Price matches Golftown on head (so in your specific example, the Speedzone driver with any one of the stock shafts that Cobra offers would be $382.47. We have almost all of these options)

2) MG Price matches Golftown on head (customer pays OEM uncharge shaft - so in your example the head would be $382.47 and then Cobra offers several shafts that are more then stock shafts as part of their own custom fitting program)

3) MG Price matches Golftown on head (customer buys a custom shaft that is not available in Cobra's matrix of shafts and MG builds the club - shafts range from $119-$549, so this option can get very expensive on new models when you add head plus shaft).

4) MG Preowned - (Speedzone pre-owned demos are $349.99, mint condition). We have several other brand options all ranging from $349-$499

hope this helps! and feel free to send us a DM if we can be of more assistance

Thank you, this breakdown is exactly what I wanted to know, thank you so much!
        Will DM you if I have any further questions!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemarkable View Post
          So the issue I think is coming up with budget because I don't know what to expect.
          To be specific, let's say I want to get a driver fitting. Cobra Speedzone Xtreme Driver is currently on sale at Golftown for $382.47 (original $549.99) right now (or fill free to add any other drivers on sales as example). If I do Driver fitting, am I able to get the Speedzone Xtreme for this same sale price and add the upgrades of shaft/grip etc or would I need to pay the full $549.99 and then add the cost of upgrades on top?
          It's nearly $200 difference before and after sale when calculating tax too so then am I better of buying the club at Golftown or used, and then bring it for retro fitting?

Obviously this means I am missing out if other driver heads might be better for me but if I am a high handicapper this might not be a bad idea for duration of getting better next couple of years?

Putter fitting also for example, I know loft and lie would be adjusted and grips changed if need be but does it also often include changing out of the shaft? Since it's not swung with force I would assume shafts wouldn't be as critical of a factor here. If so now I can narrow down the budget for putter better because it sounds like shaft is often the big influencer in price.

I know that TXG and Modern Golf has great reputation and so many people are happy with it but nobody talks price in their reviews so I just don't know what to expect, I apologize if my questions makes it sound like I'm a cheapskate, I'm just trying to make decisions with some basic knowledge so not to waste my fitter' time too. I plan this to be long term thing where I get fitted for all part of my bag one by one and also get re-adjusted throughout the years.

Any input directly from TXG and Modern Golf regarding above questions would be much appreciated as well.
          If anything please feel free to message me directly!

Thank you!
          Highly doubt you will see clubs discounted like that unless TXG has a ton of Cobra or another brand of heads in stock. Box stores are marking them down (Golftown) because the new version will be out in a couple months, and they don't want to be stuck with a bunch of older model stock.

I would assume the speedzone would be priced similar to Cobra.ca's online price at $449.
          Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

Go with TXG, just be upfront with them about your Budget. I had a fitting done at Titleist years ago, and the fitter was actually the one who said to me, "The numbers you are getting from the upgraded shaft, don't warrant the premium, go with the stock"

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X