Changing 3W shaft without adjustable hosel

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing 3W shaft without adjustable hosel

Newbie question.

I recently purchased a used Callaway x2hot 3 deep fairway wood. It’s from 2013 prior to adjustable hosels. Shaft is not the right stiffness for me.

if I were to buy a used shaft, I.e from someone here (which will most likely have an adjustable hosel), could I bring it golftown and get them to place it in the 3 wood?

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Dman404 View Post
    if I were to buy a used shaft, I.e from someone here (which will most likely have an adjustable hosel), could I bring it golftown and get them to place it in the 3 wood?
    Yes, just make sure the new shaft has the same tip size as your old one.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

might be cheaper to buy one used with the right shaft flex for you, than to rebuild.

Shop new and used Callaway X2 Hot Fairway Wood at 2nd Swing Golf - the industry's largest selection of new and used golf clubs and gear on the planet. Trade in your old clubs for even more value on your purchase.
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
          might be cheaper to buy one used with the right shaft flex for you, than to rebuild.

https://www.2ndswing.com/callaway/fairway-woods/x2-hot/
          That is US dollars, plus shipping. Not worth it for an X2 model. Online up here, you will only find a few LH ones.

But I do agree with trying to find a used fairway with a shaft that suits you better than having stuff pulled and reshafted. Can end up not being worth it unless you can do some/all of the work yourself.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X