Collapse

Question about TXG fitting

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about TXG fitting

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone here can provide some insights or opinions on an upcoming TXG fitting I have in May.

I have a long-game fitting that I booked back in the fall, and have been excited about all winter. It's been some time since I've upgraded clubs and have never been properly fit before (still using a 910d2, 8 handicap). After hearing great things and watching the Youtube videos I figured that I couldn't go wrong with TXG.

My worry recently, especially after the launch of the txgstore.com (awesome site btw), is that they only really cater to super exotic upcharge shaft options. Looking through their store most shaft options are between $400-500 on top of the cost of the driver. I'm just not sure I'm comfortable spending $1200 on a new driver, and then probably $800 on a fw with an upgraded shaft.

Basically I'm wondering if they have the stock shafts available to hit in their shaft matrix, as I just can't see myself spending over a grand on a driver. At least if they have the stock options, then I can compare them to the exotics and make a decision.

I realize I probably should have looked into this before booking the fitting, but I guess I got caught up in the excitement. Anyways, just wondering if I'm better off cancelling and letting someone else who can make better use of the time get it. Thanks!

(I should also say, I have no doubt that I would have a first-class experience at TXG)

Simple...just tell them up front you are only interested to be fitted into stock shaft options and/or shafts with a minimal upcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
      Simple...just tell them up front you are only interested to be fitted into stock shaft options and/or shafts with a minimal upcharge.
      I was planning to, I'm just not sure if they have the stock shafts available to try.

Comment

Agree with what Mr22putt says.

They will work within your expectations, the team at TXG is great. Also if you do a you tube search they put out a great video about getting the most out of your driver fitting. ( 10-12 points ) Do a search and watch before you get fit.

Enjoy the fitting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by snb9 View Post

I was planning to, I'm just not sure if they have the stock shafts available to try.
          I've gotta believe TXG has some of the OEM's shaft options that the OEM doesn't charge a 'premium' upcharge,

But if the OEM has a 'made for' stock shaft....ya....TXG may not carry that shaft or offer that shaft for a fitting.

TXG likely has shafts that won't cost you an arm or a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
            I've gotta believe TXG has some of the OEM's shaft options that the OEM doesn't charge a 'premium' upcharge,

But if the OEM has a 'made for' stock shaft....ya....TXG may not carry that shaft or offer that shaft for a fitting.

TXG likely has shafts that won't cost you an arm or a leg.
            Ok that's what I was hoping for. Definitely not interested in something like the TM non-velocore ventus in last year's SIM. More interested in RDX Smoke, Tensei AV, stuff like that that seems to be a stock option for a lot of drivers. Thanks

Comment

I had no issue with this during my long game fitting at TXG back in the fall. They were super accommodating & very professional. Enjoy!

Comment

Unless they've changed they didn't stock many OEM available shafts. Even the aftermarket they had weren't available as an upgrade through an OEM for an upcharge. Basically you had to buy the shaft at full pop.

I know they were looking to get more options available through OEMs. They won't have any made for shafts that's forsure. But they will have things like Proj X Hzrdus line etc.

Call and ask.

I know that Moderns shaft matrix has drastically changed to accommodate people like yourself. I'd imagine txg did the same but who knows.

Looking At txgstore.com it looks like they have a lot of shafts. Many are available thru an oem however txg prices are off.

For example the Fuji Pro 2.0 tour spec is a 400$ shaft on its own but through TM its only a 150$ upgrade. Yet on txg store it costs full pop at 400.

Even on wedges. If I want tour issue s400 they want 105$ for them. Vokey it's a 40$ upcharge. Heck even buying them from golfworks is 55$ so I don't know why txg wants 105$.

As great as txg is they can be a bit pricey. But you do get top notch service.
                Last edited by Jasonp; Mar 20, 2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snb9 View Post

Ok that's what I was hoping for. Definitely not interested in something like the TM non-velocore ventus in last year's SIM. More interested in RDX Smoke, Tensei AV, stuff like that that seems to be a stock option for a lot of drivers. Thanks
                  My friend just bought the new SIM2 with the stock RDX 6.0 torque around 3.4-3.5...not sure if it's a 'made for TM" or a real deal RDX.....seems like a nice shaft....seems like a shaft that would fit a lot of golf profiles...which TM would be targeting.

I'll ask to hit it one day...I want to loft it up a bit and don't want to immediately put a DUMMY MARK on the crown of a NEW driver...though I will put some masking tape on the club if I demo it...though my friend doesn't care and has confidence in me.

Although there are so many Tensei models....I find some of the models play a bit soft to flex.

Comment

I heard through a friend that the Head Guy Ian, is no longer doing individual fittings, will only be doing full bags.
                    Somewhere along of the lines of $1000 for the fitting, and some sort of min spend on the equipment. Just my guess here but a FULL BAG with upgrades and all is easily going to be in the $4000-$5000 range.

Comment

they said on the live q&a they are updating the site with stock options or no upcharge

Comment

Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post
                        they said on the live q&a they are updating the site with stock options or no upcharge
                        Ok good to know it will be updated, I just checked the site out and the rad speed hybrid with CK white was $260 more than what I paid for a custom order from cobra, it was kind of mind boggling to see.
                        "Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

I can understand why they would charge more. They're custom building the clubs right at the store. the stock options will probably just be ordered through the manufacture. You might be better off going through modern golf if you are just looking to buy stock stuff. They offer free fittings with a purchase and its clear they do offer plenty of stock or no up charge

Comment

I like TXG and MG for what they offer which is the fitting component and aftermarket/exotic options. I'm just not sure how it would work out when:

Customer X wants a set of Mizuno MP20 MMC with KBS S-Taper

1.) Golftown has it in stock for $1,649.99 + tax
                            2.) TXG has it for $2,608.83 + tax
                            3.) TXG announced they would provide option to custom order at no upcharge if it is stock configuration from OEM (assume matching $1649.99 price)

So go to the a golf store and pickup or order online from Golftown knowing they have stock or custom order through TXG? I can see people using TXG to fulfill custom orders for no-upcharge shafts like a retailer though.

Comment

Originally posted by westbeach View Post
                              I like TXG and MG for what they offer which is the fitting component and aftermarket/exotic options. I'm just not sure how it would work out when:

Customer X wants a set of Mizuno MP20 MMC with KBS S-Taper

1.) Golftown has it in stock for $1,649.99 + tax
                              2.) TXG has it for $2,608.83 + tax
                              3.) TXG announced they would provide option to custom order at no upcharge if it is stock configuration from OEM (assume matching $1649.99 price)

So go to the a golf store and pickup or order online from Golftown knowing they have stock or custom order through TXG? I can see people using TXG to fulfill custom orders for no-upcharge shafts like a retailer though.
                              Its the convenience factor. If i got fit at TXG and am happy with the service, i would give them the stock order vs. go somewhere else. In addition, shops like TXG and MG are typically better at post purchase issues than GT (nowadays).

its good to have multiple shops that are able to fulfil stock orders.
                              I was browsing some US golf sites and its good to see companies like Titleist drop their upcharge prices. For E.g, looking at T100 S irons, the charge for upgrading to True Temper X7 is only 25 US. It would cost me 94 plus tax, going through a custom option here in Canada (TXG)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X