Driver shaft

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver shaft

Apr 15, 2021, 04:08 PM
    I need to replace the shaft on my Mizuno ST 200. Was fitted for a shaft but made some swing changes and I just cant hit anymore for the life of.

I hit my 3wood very consistently. (Taylor Made M4)

I would like to install the same shaft on my driver that is on my 3wood. (Fujikura Atmos FW 5R-flex)

is it recommened to install the shaft given it's a bit shorter. Or is there a shaft that someone would recommend that is comparable?

Appreciate the feedback

sure, just try the same shaft in driver length

If you wanted to spend more, there are different versions of this shaft available, you might consider the same shaft (same colour code) but get the aftermarket "Tour Spec" version. You should be able to find a used one for a reasonable price.

A driver has the largest head, longest length and lightest shaft weight, This is why it is more challenging for the manufacturers to make driver shafts. The aftermarket shafts (ie shafts sold directly by Fujikura) typically use more expensive materials. This better materials result in a shaft that has the potential to be more stable and consistent. Here is an excellent discussion on this topic

https://mygolfspy.com/made-for-shafts-a-closer-look/
    Last edited by ctv1; Apr 15, 2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X