Collapse

Titleist Wrench Question

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titleist Wrench Question

The only wrench I have is a Titleist one, I noticed in some clubs (taylormades) it slips when tightening. I guess maybe it uses a smaller bit?
    Just wondering if anyone else has that issue. I had to use my multi screwdriver with a torque bit on it for the taylormade.

Brando
    "Your swing isn't the problem."

Never had an issue.

might have an extra wrench lying around and looks like I am not far from you if you want it. Fire me a pm
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

All the wrenches have varying torque measurements. It will slip when you've exceeded the torque rating. Do not over tighten as you could damage/break the screw.

Comment

Originally posted by brando92 View Post
        The only wrench I have is a Titleist one, I noticed in some clubs (taylormades) it slips when tightening. I guess maybe it uses a smaller bit?
        Just wondering if anyone else has that issue. I had to use my multi screwdriver with a torque bit on it for the taylormade.

Brando
        Like Blockedright said . . . all wrench will not overtight . . . is that what you call slipping. It is the reason why you should use the right tool for the right club. You tight and when it is tight enough the wrench will sort of slip . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

preset torque value so that you won't strip the thread.in the shaft insert

OEM use different TORX size , so be sure to use the correct one.
          things change

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I guess my titleist wrench wont do it for my cobra driver and my adams 3 wood lol. The adams has the same adapter as a taylormade. Would be cool if the made a wrench that you can adjust the torque, and that had different bits for each OEM.
            "Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X