X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bl8d
    replied
    Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
    Since lockdown, I've been experimenting a lot with with driver shaft length again, heavy and light grips, and swing-weights, etc. For length, I have tried longer and shorter on many occasions and always seem to settle of 45-1/4".

One surprising combo that has proven to be great for me in the Sim ( a few outings so far ) is my TS3 10.5 head with an old Miyazaki Kusala Black 61 Stiff from 8-9 years ago . This was some shaft I had lying around from a former short-length 44.0" experiment many years ago with a Cobra Bio Cell Pro head. I added back an extension and it now plays to 44-3/4" and also has a heavy tip weight. It has a SW of D7.5 with a typical Tour Velvet grip, though I am using a heavy CP2 Wrap Jumbo which results in a lower SW of D3. Other than the measured SW resulting from the grips, there is also a large total weight difference of about 30g from the Standard TV vs the Jumbo CP2.

With my irons I am very picky on SW and definitely to not like them to feel too SW heavy.
    ( I like D2.5 for my 9i , then getting progressively lighter per each longer club )

Is anyone else having good success with a very heavy SW Driver ?
    My12* lofted Anser, shafted with a Harrison 2.5 FL at 45.6 is at D7.5 . I don't notice it as heavy and ball marks are where they should be. Total weight is 329gr.

The 1995 Bubble burner drivers were 45" stock length and commonly at D8

Leave a comment:

• Vxnation
    replied
    I bought lead tape to play around with my irons but never did yet. That is a winter project. As for driver I have a Cobra speedzone and I tested two 14 g weights instead of the 14 and 2 stock setup and I found it easier to hit harder but I found it harder to square the face which could be due to the ratio of 14 g to 2g being changed to am even ratio . At any rate I also found it easier to feel the head which let me get a wider and smoother arc.

My highest ball speeds were with the 14 and 2 setup though .

​​​​​​As for shaft I found a heavier shaft added distance right away I gained yardage moving into a 72 g shaft .

Have fun tinkering. It's fun to see what the feels like. I tried no weights in the head and it was not a good feel for me at all haha.

There is an article that I read stating Bryson actually went lighter in his head and grips during his transition towards those higher speeds he was getting . If ur gonna go heavier on the head try the tour lock counter Weights and u can keep the swing Weight low still.

Leave a comment:

• newy
    replied
    Tried it a couple years ago and screwed up my elbow. At least I think that was what screwed it up

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ARL67
    started a topic Heavy Swingweight Drivers

Heavy Swingweight Drivers

Since lockdown, I've been experimenting a lot with with driver shaft length again, heavy and light grips, and swing-weights, etc. For length, I have tried longer and shorter on many occasions and always seem to settle of 45-1/4".

One surprising combo that has proven to be great for me in the Sim ( a few outings so far ) is my TS3 10.5 head with an old Miyazaki Kusala Black 61 Stiff from 8-9 years ago . This was some shaft I had lying around from a former short-length 44.0" experiment many years ago with a Cobra Bio Cell Pro head. I added back an extension and it now plays to 44-3/4" and also has a heavy tip weight. It has a SW of D7.5 with a typical Tour Velvet grip, though I am using a heavy CP2 Wrap Jumbo which results in a lower SW of D3. Other than the measured SW resulting from the grips, there is also a large total weight difference of about 30g from the Standard TV vs the Jumbo CP2.

With my irons I am very picky on SW and definitely to not like them to feel too SW heavy.
    ( I like D2.5 for my 9i , then getting progressively lighter per each longer club )

Is anyone else having good success with a very heavy SW Driver ?
Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X