Collapse

changing a stroke lab putter grip

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing a stroke lab putter grip

I want swap out my grip on a odyssey with a stroke lab grip, from what I've read their is counterbalancing so if you want the wieght to feel the same you need a 105 gr grip? can anybody confirm ?

The Weight I believe is in the Butt of the Shaft ! Not the grip ! If you want the same feel or Overall Weight and Swingweight I would suggest finding out the weight of each grip ! The New Grip and the one currently on the Putter !

Comment

Originally posted by simmers View Post
      The Weight I believe is in the Butt of the Shaft ! Not the grip ! If you want the same feel or Overall Weight and Swingweight I would suggest finding out the weight of each grip ! The New Grip and the one currently on the Putter !
      makes sense since I'm not cutting down the putter, I believe the grip is 40 g(which is light)

Comment

I changed a stroke lab black and yellow standard for a triple Track blue/red midsize, the weight was in the shaft. Did not change the feel Or toe hang/weight at all

Comment

thanks I'm guessing going from 40 grams to 55 or 60 is not going to make a huges difference

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
            thanks I'm guessing going from 40 grams to 55 or 60 is not going to make a huges difference
            It really depends, that is fairly significant change

some people do better with more back weighting, some dont. Usually there is a sweet spot for comfort and performance benefit.

i would grab a 20 gram weight and somehow attach it to the butt of your putter and see what it feel like.

the more weight added to the grip and of a club, the less head feel you have due to change in weight distribution.

when it comes to backweighting, there is no formula in my experience personally amd with builds for others, trial and error is the way

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

It really depends, that is fairly significant change

some people do better with more back weighting, some dont. Usually there is a sweet spot for comfort and performance benefit.

i would grab a 20 gram weight and somehow attach it to the butt of your putter and see what it feel like.

the more weight added to the grip and of a club, the less head feel you have due to change in weight distribution.

when it comes to backweighting, there is no formula in my experience personally amd with builds for others, trial and error is the way
              I think I've found an old super stroke legacy model that is 55 grams so the affect would be lessened. Other than the stock grip I don't think anybody makes a 40gram option

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X