GTA Clubmaking supplies

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA Clubmaking supplies

Hi all,

Is there a location in GTA where one can purchase basic clubmaking supplies? I just want to buy some epoxy to shaft a fairway wood myself but to order from golfworks is costing as much in shipping as it is for the actual epoxy and it would be cheaper to just have it done at golf town.

Would be nice to have the epoxy in case I want to do some other clubs later this summer so I will probably end up just ordering from golfworks unless someone can guide me to a local source. I live in Oakville.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve relied on consumer grade epoxies for > 100 shafting projects over the past 15 or so years. I have never had any issues.
    From my volume though, it’s obvious that this is a hobbyist’s experience -YMWV.

Comment

golfworks.ca

Comment

I’m in the same position. Anywhere that it could be picked up in store in Toronto?
        My sticks
        TM SLDR 9
        TM SLDR 15
        Ping i15 20 hybrid
        5-PW Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons w/ Steelfiber shaft
        54, 58 Vokey TVD M
        Odyssey Prototype Black 2 putter

Comment

Amazon has Brampton’s Epoxy.

Comment

thank you to all of the above for responding

Comment

Originally posted by chromer View Post
              I’ve relied on consumer grade epoxies for > 100 shafting projects over the past 15 or so years. I have never had any issues.
              From my volume though, it’s obvious that this is a hobbyist’s experience -YMWV.
              if and when you can't get the "pro" stuff, LePages 5minute epoxy works just fine for any club assembly and re-shafting.
              mix enough to do 1club at a time.
              the 5 minute reference is the max working time before it gels.
              The curing time is still a min. 2 hrs before you can hit balls.
              Last edited by bl8d; Jun 7, 2021, 02:22 PM.
              things change

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post

if and when you can't get the "pro" stuff, LePages 5minute epoxy works just fine for any club assembly and re-shafting.
                mix enough to do 1club at a time.
                the 5 minute reference is the max working time before it gels.
                The curing time is still a min. 2 hrs before you can hit balls.
                Assembled a FW wood ahhh, about 25 years ago with Lepages epoxy (from good ol' Canadian Tire) wasn't a 5 mins one IIANM, but the "regular" one (don't even think they had 5 mins ones at the time) and the wood is still together and in perfect shape (not counting the sky marks over the last 25 years and all that, LOL)
                Cheers !

Comment

Try Home Depot for JB Weld 2 part epoxy, PN 8276F it has a tensile of around 3,000 psi but is heat resistant to 250F which is important if you want to take something off a graphite shaft
                  $12.97
                  they have other JB Weld products that melt at 550F which requires more heat

FWIW I have called and emailed Golfworks in Ottawa and it’s frustrating, no response to email and inexperienced staff answering the phone…. Meaning if I don’t know what I want they don’t either,

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X